• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Realtor Leads: Follow-up Strategies and Scripts for the Phone Phobic

Don't be afraid to leave a message. If they don't return your call, you can try emailing them or calling back later. Good luck!
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, so I bit the bullet and mailed about some realtor letters last week. My question is do you all follow those letters up with a call or just see if they are interested and call you. I am a prominant member of the phone phobia club and want to make it worth my frazzled nerves and sick stomach. If you do call what script do you use or what do you say?
Thanks

You MUST follow upIMO, you've wasted your time if you do not follow up with phone calls. I won't rewrite what's been stated on other posts, so just do a search for realtor and you'll get valuable info to use.

I guess I was wondering if there was something specific to say to those kinds of follow ups. I don't want to get the impression from them "if I was interested I would have got in contact with you" when I call.

I guess if they do say that, oh well! It's kind of like having to get used to hearing no. You'll never get to those "yesses" otherwise! I guess I'd say something like that you're following up on a letter they should have received and you're wanting to tell them some more about Pampered Chef....or about some upcoming specials.....or about a way to provide something really nice for their clients that'll make the new homeowners remember them forever everytime they use their great new kitchen tools. I mailed letters to realtors when I first started and I never followed up with them...and guess what? I got nothing! So, I definitely think it's worth it to follow up. If they aren't receptive, ask if they might know of other realtors who might be or something like that.

Good luck! It's worth a shot!! If you start hearing "No, I'm not interested" don't worry....just go onto the next one. Kind of like recruiting.....only one out of every ten may actually sign up. And those ten are people who you get to the "interview" stage, not just some "maybe I'd be interested someday" leads. So, the closer you get to that tenth person, the closer you'll get to a "yes."

Try it and let us know how it goes! :D

Thanks for the Confidence Builder Becky...I will keep you posted. Maybe if I have any luck, you might try again.

Leslie

letter helpCan someone post the letter they use for this? Sounds like a great idea.

Do a search for *realtor* and you'll get a few

realtorsI am trying all ways to advertise my business and get the word out. I actually know one realtor and she does purchase things from me for clients who buy houses from her. I also make Thank you Chocolate bars in my wilton molds.
I sent out a couple of letters yesterday to other realtors, I will let you know how it goes. I don't see anything wrong with trying to really get the word out about your business. I will do a follow up call and say something like this:
Hello my name is ...., I was calling in regards to the letter I sent about the Pampered Chef products available for thank you gifts to clients.
If you are interested I would be happy to start by sending you a catalog and some more ideas for gifts. Shipping will be FREE on the first order and after looking through the catalog we can discuss the different products you would like to offer your clients. Thank you for your time. Debbie

If not then thank you for your time. If in the future you wish to give a thank you gift to your clients through Pampered Chef, please do not hesitate to call me.
DEBBIE

What do you do when all you get is their voicemail? I thought about leaving a message, but they didn't call me in the first place so I don't think they will return my call. Any suggestions?

I'm a RealtorHi Folks,
KrzyMom, don't be afraid. The biggest part of sales is having to get use to "rejection". I too am phone phobic....I love my emails, but you'd be surprised. I made 10 calls one day, doing real estate and trying to get listings, and 1 out of the 10 hung up in my ear. Oh well, I sent them some mailing material anyhow. ;)

Realtors do get alot of "vendors" calling and visiting their office, but ya know of all the folks that would come in, I made some great friends and a network of business associates, that is how Realtors look at calls from vendors, a chance to network....name of the game...AND realtors are chatty people....
don't fear them, pick up the phone and do the follow up, actually I can't STAND it when someone left stuff on my desk and never called me again, and even if I don't call them back, I get bi-weekly or monthly mailings from them and I LOVE that....you may want to do that too...

We too are in sales and we FEEEAAARRRR rejection, but we get over it, and I myself give the salesfolks calling me a chance to do their thing, courtesy.

HEY, I'll be my best customer using Pampered Chef as closing gifts, it is a GREAT idea.....have the realtors do a promotion with the Pampered Chef Gift Certificates....EVERYONE needs high quality kitchen tools and cookware.....

Go get 'em.....you can do it, don't be afraid....
Best way, go to their websites and get their list of agents and numbers and go from there.....
Oh, another hint, they LOVE food.....bring in some fudge with your cards and leave it in the office..... :D

Oh, (i can go on forever....)go to the Open Houses on the weekends, bring them a bread or whatever, something to munch on and a catalog and leave one for the homeowners as well with your card.....

Oh, I know, I'm a newbie, haven't even done my 1st show yet, got cancelled due to snow....but I have it all planned, tons of excitement about it....so wish me well, I'm on the same track, I'm hitting up ALL my realtor buddies....all my competition.....EVERYONE.....oh yeah, it seems that this Pampered Chef has caught my attention as I haven't made ANY realty calls in 2 weeks since I decided to do this....but I have 4 parties booked...LOL...ssshhh don't tell my Broker.... :cool:

Much success...you'll be fine....fear not.
Kelley ;)

1. What is a realtor and what do they do?

A realtor is a licensed professional who represents buyers, sellers, or both in real estate transactions. They help their clients navigate the buying or selling process and ensure that their best interests are represented.

2. What qualifications do realtors have?

In order to become a realtor, one must first become a licensed real estate agent. This typically involves completing a certain number of hours of pre-licensing education and passing a state exam. Realtors are also required to adhere to a strict code of ethics set by the National Association of Realtors.

3. Do I need a realtor if I am buying or selling a house?

While it is possible to buy or sell a house without a realtor, it is highly recommended to have one. Realtors have extensive knowledge and experience in the real estate market and can help you navigate the process, negotiate deals, and protect your best interests.

4. How do realtors get paid?

Realtors typically work on a commission basis, meaning they receive a percentage of the final sale price of a property. This commission is usually paid by the seller, but can also be negotiated to be split between the buyer and seller.

5. Can I work with multiple realtors at once?

While it is not illegal to work with multiple realtors, it is not recommended. This can create confusion and conflicts of interest. It is best to choose one realtor to represent you in your buying or selling process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
ChefAggi
  • ejleinenbach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen