• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Qsp and 12 Cup Muffin Pan

In summary, Lisa's co-worker will be placing an order at another co-worker's show and she has the following questions. The mini muffin pan is easy to clean and the small qsp is easy to use. The stone muffin pan is easy to clean, but the batter can drip on the edge and it is easy to clean. The family size quick stir pitcher is easy to use and the Tupperware pitcher that it so wonderfully sealed, the girls can't use it because the girls can't turn the lever. The small QSP is as easy to use as the family size.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I have a co-worker who will be placing an order at another co-worker's show, and she has the following questions. Since I don't have either of these items, I'm hoping someone here can help.

1) She intends to buy the 12 Cup Muffin Pan to try it out herself, since she hates silicone (cuts too easily) and metal (too hard to clean). She loves all the stoneware, so she doesn't need to be convinced it will cook well, but wants to know if the cups are difficult to clean, or if the scraper fits in there pretty well. Also, if batter drips on the edge, will it clean pretty easily, too? She knows all about the importance of seasoning stone (she actually hates buying new stones!!), but she wants to make sure no food will be permanently baked on.

2) She owns the Family-size Quick Stir Pitcher, and loves it, too. The best part is that her young daughters can easily move the lever to close, open, pour. She has a Tupperware pitcher that it so wonderfully sealed, they can't use it because the girls can't turn the lever! She now wants the small QSP, and wants to know if it's as easy to use as the Family-size.

Your answers will be greatly appreciated - even if you've had bad experiences, because I'd rather she didn't spend money on an item, then buy something and be unhappy.

The mini muffin pan is very easy to clean. I use mine a lot. The only thing I have found that I do not like baking in it is brownie bites. I don't know why but they always stick. Don't use a metal spoon to scoop anything out either because I now have a scrape mark in each muffin hole. The small qsp is very easy to use and I use mine more than the family size. Both are great products!

I can't answer about the smaller QSP, but regarding the Stone Muffin pan....I've had mine a long time, and I don't think it's difficult to clean. BUT when using it for cupcakes and muffins, I usually use the Tin-muffin liners. (I've used it for meatloaf cups though). I am pretty sure the scraper fits in it, but I actually just use a wet washcloth (no soap of course), or sometimes I have one of those round-scrubby brushes for scrubbing dishes- and it's "soap-free"- those work well too...she could easily have one just for the stone- just not put soap in it.Mine cleans off the edges easily though. Nothing a few minute soak hasn't been able to cure. :D

The small QSP is even easier to use than the large one. There's no way to put the lid on backwards! :eek:

I LOVE my muffin stone. It was a little harder to clean when I was seasoning it, but now that I've had it for several years, it's a breeze to clean. Although, like Bobbi, I usually use the tin liners - but I've used it for mini meat loaves, and for butterfly rolls....and I keep wanting to use it for Au Gratin Potato Cups like Keith does. I really need to do that.

Oh - but the top and sides of it clean off beautifully - no issues with baked on food.

I love my 12 cup muffin pan.........but hated it before it was seasoned (I got it before a consultant and was NEVER told about Pan-eze) and now I always provide that recipe for people who order muffin, mini loaf pan, or fluted pan.

HTH,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I love my 12 cup muffin pan.........but hated it before it was seasoned (I got it before a consultant and was NEVER told about Pan-eze) and now I always provide that recipe for people who order muffin, mini loaf pan, or fluted pan.

HTH,

Lisa

What is Pan-eze?

I googled it:

Here's a great do-it-yourself pan coating for any recipe that tells you to grease and flour a pan.

Pan-Eze

Make up a batch of this to have handy for all your baking needs. Eliminates the mess of flouring a pan and much less expensive than commercial oil/flour sprays. No artificial ingredients or chemicals either!

1 part solid shortening (Crisco)
1 part flour,
1 part vegetable oil.

Using the 10-Inch Whisk blend the flour and oil together until smooth. Add solid shortening and blend until you have a smooth paste. Then "paint" onto the inside surfaces of the pan with the Pastry Brush.
I use ¼ cup of each ingredient, mix it up and store in the refrigerator between uses. This is the best coating you can use in your Stoneware Fluted Pan! It won’t leave the sticky residue that you often get from commercial sprays. It doesn’t leave a white coating on your cake either!

I love and use both the qsp and 12 cup muffin pan on a regular basis. I had to stop using the family size as my DH was having trouble holding it securely (due to his problems). I use our easy kitchen brush to clean all of my stones instead of the scraper as it gets into all areas faster and easier and it does have a scraper on top if I need that. I am always commenting to others how easy and fast it is to clean our products, I am so amazed each time and you would think that the novelty would wear off!

Thank you, all! You're the best. My friend wasn't in the office today, so I'll pass the info to her tomorrow.

Love the Pan-eze recipe! I wonder if that would have made my cookies come out of the DMMP easier when I used it last night.:grumpy:

I got a hostesses hubby's attention once when he was going to be leaving the house...........

I was talking about stoneware and how to season it and I had someone ask me about the fluted pan, one they bought was still in the box :eek: because you "Can't cook bacon on it or put crescent rolls over it easy, so how do I make it not stick?"

I said, well I use my Paneze of course!

I must have said it Really quick because....husband turned around and said "ok This is more interesting than I thought a PC show would be, when do you bring out the panties??" :D

I started laughing and said, "No, this is not a panties show, I said I use my Pan - EZE, and everyone that knew him were just busting on him. His face was red :blushing: and he left quickly.

When he pulled back into driveway there were still a couple girls there and they were really quiet and then when door opened........"Hurry quick put the panties away, he's back" He just walked through room and went into the back of the house. Wife was laughing until she was crying and said it was best laugh she'd had in a long time and she hoped when she did get her "panties" out for him that she wouldn't start cracking up.

Just wanted to make sure you say it carefully at a show if you are going to share with guests.

Lisa

I have used Pampered Chef stoneware since 1983 and I have never done anything more than either spritzing oil on it with our spritzer or putting a drop of oil on and spreading it with a paper towel. Using it is what seasons it.

I just wanted to point that out because I have had several people complain that stoneware is too much work.

I tell them that they are the easiest pans they'll ever use. Just put a little oil on when they're new and after a few uses you don't even need the oil. Clean up is a breeze - at worse soak for a few minutes in hot water and scrape off any food left on it. ...that being said I do use oil every time I use my well seasoned fluted pan to ensure that nothing sticks (too many crevasses to trust I guess).

I'm not criticizing the use of special pastes, etc - what works for you is great for you - but I do know that for some people having to do that extra stuff would make them decide to not purchase.

I agree w/ Beth totally on this. I've come across too many people that say they haven't gotten their stoneware out of the package yet cause they didn't know how to season it, or want to "mess it up," or go through a lot of trouble to use it. Once I let them know that you don't have to do anything special to it other than grease it, they do a huge sigh of relief. I tell them how it seasons as you use it, just grease it first. I tell them if they cook high fat content foods it'll help speed along the seasoning process, but if they just brush it w/ oil or crisco, they're good to go. I also recommend they get the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush, it's perfect for getting all the nooks and crannies.Here's my question.....
What's the best way to clean the grid part of the quick-stir pitchers? I hand wash mine because I'm nervous to put it in the dishwasher since people have had theirs melt even in the upper rack. But the grid part I have a hard time cleaning.Back to Sarah's questions though, I let my 12 cup stone cool completely, then I put water in each cup, then just use hot water and the scraper or the kitchen brush, and it comes clean really well. I've had drips and they just come right off, too. They might discolor the stone in spots though, since it's sort of like "seasoning" it in spots. ;) But that depends on what kind of drips, how big, and how they cook. It doesn't always leave a discolored spot on mine.

BethCooks4U said:
I have used Pampered Chef stoneware since 1983 and I have never done anything more than either spritzing oil on it with our spritzer or putting a drop of oil on and spreading it with a paper towel. Using it is what seasons it.

I just wanted to point that out because I have had several people complain that stoneware is too much work.

I tell them that they are the easiest pans they'll ever use. Just put a little oil on when they're new and after a few uses you don't even need the oil. Clean up is a breeze - at worse soak for a few minutes in hot water and scrape off any food left on it. ...that being said I do use oil every time I use my well seasoned fluted pan to ensure that nothing sticks (too many crevasses to trust I guess).

I'm not criticizing the use of special pastes, etc - what works for you is great for you - but I do know that for some people having to do that extra stuff would make them decide to not purchase.

It would make me not want to purchase it. In fact, my first stone was a wedding gift, and it sat in the cupboard for 6 months because I was scared to use it. A friend finally told me that I didn't have to do anything special to it, and gave me some ideas for using it...and that was the beginning of my stone obsession!

I probably wouldn't have ever gotten it out if I'd been told I had to use a special paste and season it first, etc.... For one thing - I don't buy vegetable shortening, so it would have meant a special trip to the store...

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I got a hostesses hubby's attention once when he was going to be leaving the house...........

I was talking about stoneware and how to season it and I had someone ask me about the fluted pan, one they bought was still in the box :eek: because you "Can't cook bacon on it or put crescent rolls over it easy, so how do I make it not stick?"

I said, well I use my Paneze of course!

I must have said it Really quick because....husband turned around and said "ok This is more interesting than I thought a PC show would be, when do you bring out the panties??" :D

I started laughing and said, "No, this is not a panties show, I said I use my Pan - EZE, and everyone that knew him were just busting on him. His face was red :blushing: and he left quickly.

When he pulled back into driveway there were still a couple girls there and they were really quiet and then when door opened........"Hurry quick put the panties away, he's back" He just walked through room and went into the back of the house. Wife was laughing until she was crying and said it was best laugh she'd had in a long time and she hoped when she did get her "panties" out for him that she wouldn't start cracking up.

Just wanted to make sure you say it carefully at a show if you are going to share with guests.

Lisa

Meatloaf! She can make meatloaf in it, that is very fatty and will help season it quickly, without having to use the extra seasoning step...

1. What is QSP and how does it differ from a regular muffin pan?

QSP stands for Quick-Stir Pitcher and it is a unique product from Pampered Chef that allows you to mix, strain, and pour all in one container. It differs from a regular muffin pan because it is specifically designed for easy mixing and pouring of batter.

2. Is the QSP compatible with all muffin pan sizes?

Yes, the QSP is designed to fit all standard 12-cup muffin pans. It can also be used with mini muffin pans, but the measurements may be slightly off.

3. Can the QSP be used to mix other ingredients besides muffin batter?

Yes, the QSP can be used to mix a variety of ingredients such as pancake batter, cake batter, scrambled eggs, and more. It is a versatile tool for any kitchen.

4. What material is the 12 cup muffin pan made of?

The 12 cup muffin pan is made of heavy-duty carbon steel, which allows for even heating and durability.

5. Is the 12 cup muffin pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the 12 cup muffin pan is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water to prolong the life of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kwright67
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sklay723
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • AnnieBee