• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Pampered Chef Totes/Bags for Shows

In summary, the Rolling Case and the Carry-All Tote may be a good option for those that are tired of hauling around crates and bags. The Rolling Case is easier to use, but the Handle may be weak if extended. The padded envelopes are big enough to fit the DCB.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm tired of hauling around crates, etc and them being so heavy no matter what I do! I limit it to 2 product crates/bags, and then I end up with 2 for catalogs, my laptop, food, etc.

I am seriously considering getting the Rolling Case and the Carry-All Tote to fit on top of it.

What size are they, and when loaded- is the rolling cart sturdy? Is the Handle- when extended strong? I know sometimes they seem to be weak and I'm afraid they'll break.

The padded envelopes- the photo on the Supply Fact sheet- makes it look like the smaller one is holding either the DCB or the DCB lid? Is it big enough for that?

Are they worth getting? especially the rolling cart. (I know Sheila loves hers! :D)

I use my roller at all shows but it can get heavy (especially when you have stairs like I do). But I love it. Didn't use the carry all when I had it, so I sold it. I do use the new consultant tote (as I had the old crate when I started) and my TTA bag so I have 3 totes that I bring to all shows.

The padded envelops were big enough to carry the DCB. Hope that helps.

my handle on the rolling tote broke while I was pulling it up a step. I still found if I packed it, that it was heavy as well. I am trying to lighten up my load as well but it never seems to happen.

I love the padded envelopes. The small one fits the deep covered baker and the lid if you turn the lid upside down (use the cookware protectors to keep it from bumping too hard. The large ones are great for larger SA pieces or for stoneware.

I am looking at doing the same - how does everyone learn to pack lighter? I try and try and try and I still end up with a super heavy bag, my TTA bag, a side bag and then a bag with my catalogs/supplies and then carrying my laptop. AHHH!

Does the 12" skillet fit in the larger padded envelope?

I actually think the crates were lighter than the bags. The rolling crate is hard to use if there are steps (there are soft side straps so you can carry it thus causing less stress on the handle) or gravel drives. I only use it for fairs.

I use the consultant tote, the carry all tote, the tool turn about tote and a bag for my computer and catalogs. I have considered going back to the crate but the matching bags are more professional looking.

I love my crate and think it's easier to carry than the bags. I had the carry all tote but it wasn't the easiest thing to pack for me. I have my crate, TTA tote, laptop bag, catalog tote and my DCB in the small envelope. I can make it into the host's house in two trips, three if they need the table in my trunk.

D Levad said:
my handle on the rolling tote broke while I was pulling it up a step. I still found if I packed it, that it was heavy as well. I am trying to lighten up my load as well but it never seems to happen.

My handle eventually broke and I had to have my rolling case replaced. However, I never, ever used the handle to get it up stairs. You're not supposed to lift it by the metal handle, just by the webbed handles.

I love my rolling case. I took, the liner with the pockets out to lighten it. It is heavy, especially when I take the DCB.

Remember that everyone's different, so just because I love it doesn't mean you will.

raebates said:
My handle eventually broke and I had to have my rolling case replaced. However, I never, ever used the handle to get it up stairs. You're not supposed to lift it by the metal handle, just by the webbed handles.

I love my rolling case. I took, the liner with the pockets out to lighten it. It is heavy, especially when I take the DCB.

Remember that everyone's different, so just because I love it doesn't mean you will.

Me too about the liner and taking it out! :p

I'm not of much help. After 5 years of PC, I too am tired of lugging so much. Even though I don't think I bring alot it seems SO heavy lately. Maybe I'm just getting older :) I take my red crate with the products for the recipe, cooling rack, tablecloth, dishcloth and towel and door prize basket resting on top. Then I also take my 3 section tote with the DCB in the middle, spices and cookbooks on one side and then a small piece of each cookware on the other along with little things such as the host special, guest special (smallest piece of each). Then I have my TTA in its bag, my briefcase with my pens, change bag, host packs and guest packs and my laptop bag. So it's one crate and 4 bags. 2 trips but I'm huffing and puffing on each because both my crate and my 3 section bag is heavy and I've got a couple other bags with each! UGH

Note: Unless you are using the DCB for a reccipe you don't need to take it with you. Just show the picture and talk it up. I sold 4 at my last show and I did not have it with me.

I find that if I don't take it *and use it* I don't sell any. They don't seem to believe me until they have tried the end result. Would love to not take it, as tonite I am taking my 12" skillet for Creamy One Pot Pasta and the DCB. My weight limit is already over and I didn't finish packing. UGH!

Do you all take your batter bowls or Stainless instead? I'd love to give up my batter bowl (for weight reasons) but i always sell them when i use them. But I know the Stainless can lead to bookings.

See, I started taking it recently, and seeing it made all the difference with my sales. I've never made anything in it at a show.Everyone's different and has a different customer base.

Have you thought about not taking the laptop? Think about the recruit leads who see a laptop and get turned off from becoming a consultant b/c of it b/c they don't have a laptop or the $ for one.

The rolling case got too heavy for me and my handle pops sometimes, though I'm able to get it back together. I, too, use it only for fairs. I didn't like having the carry all on top of it. It was fine for rolling the two together, but I always had enough in the carry all that it was cumbersome putting it on and off the handle of the rolling cart, and I'm 5'11" so I have the height advantage of pulling the bag up.

Love the padded envelopes, small for the DCB and large for the Dots Large Round Bowl or Large Round Stone.

I've pared down what I take, but it's like packing for a trip. I add a few extra things I don't really need just in case. Simple Addition months are always heavy. I just can't embrace the concept of only taking what you need for the recipe.

I make one trip in!! I take the rolling case and the carry-all tote. I LOVE the new Carry-all tote. They've made the sections a little larger. I can put my DCB in the padded envelope in one section of the CAT and the TTA in the bag in another section of the tote. I use the wide, but narrow strip of the CAT for most of the other stones I may need or SA I might need. In the middle section of the CAT I put the catalogs. I stopped using lapboards because they were just too heavy!!

In my Rolling Case I put the cookbooks in one of the outside pockets. Along with the Round-Up trivet. In another outside packet I put slippers in case my host asks me to remove my shoes. Then inside of the RC I have the knives in one of the inner side pockets. When I take my UM I put it in one of those pockets as well. I take both of the oils and Spritzers. Then I take both Batter Bowls, 3 Prep Bowls, 2-cup Bowls, Mesh Colanders, the 16-cup Stainless mixing bowl. I also bring the Slicer set, both types of cookware (8" skillets), Bamboo Grinder set, Meat Tenderizer and the Cutting Board and Bar Board.

Those items usually cover just about anything I need for my demo. If I have to adjust I do, but my rule is 1 trip!! If I want to bring more to show off an item something else has to come out. The hardest thing with the Rolling Case is if your host has stairs. For me that has been rare. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the Rolling Case!

Would anyone mind telling me the dimensions of the Rolling Case? HxWxD? I'm just trying to decide if spending $90 on it is worth it, or if I can just get a large folding crate on wheels from the office supply store (with a lid) and accomplish almost the same thing for less money probably? I have a smaller wheeled crate, but it's not quite big enough to be worth the effort sometimes! It does hold my papers/computer pretty well...and I need my laptop. I may be turning away a recruit lead or two now and then, but I'd really turn away more customers if I didn't have it- because I have a tendency to be scatter brained and would screw up the order (I've done it!) and cost me money or forget to add something, or would be having to look up items by hand (versus using P3 to look it up). It goes faster and more accurately if I use my laptop. :)**NEVERMIND- Just found the dimensions on one for sale on Ebay- 20"x20"x13"***

Last edited:
For fairs ... I use a rolling suitcase, a canvas bag with catalogs and paperwork ... and typically, one other box. The suitcase is packed with as many of the heavier items as I can fit in it! It usually takes 2 trips.

For shows, I try to put everything in the New Consultant tote and other stuff in a plastic tote. This generally has a canvas bag with paperwork and items I KNOW I will use. At the end of the show, the tote is filled with dirty dishes. Paperwork and stuff I didn't use generally fits in the new consultant tote. Sometimes I carry items for display (like a DCB or Triffle bowl) and since I don't have any totes for these, I generally take them in their original box.

I use one red crate and the carry all tote for all my products and catalogs and then one bag (the quilted cranberry stripe one) for all my check out paperwork. That's it. I LOVE packing light.

DebbieJ said:
I use one red crate and the carry all tote for all my products and catalogs and then one bag (the quilted cranberry stripe one) for all my check out paperwork. That's it. I LOVE packing light.

That's almost what I use too - except that I use the Consultant Tote in place of the carry-all tote. I like the handles on the sides. :)

My heaviest bag is usually my paperwork bag. (I use the quilted cranberry striped one, also.)

Do you all take the DCB with you to all shows? I feel like I put that in the consultant bag and its already 25lbs on my shoulder. Add a batter bowl or few other things and its like lugging concrete around. I cannot seem to master "light".

Melissa78 said:
Do you all take the DCB with you to all shows? I feel like I put that in the consultant bag and its already 25lbs on my shoulder. Add a batter bowl or few other things and its like lugging concrete around. I cannot seem to master "light".

My DCB goes in my red crate with lightweight stuff. Bamboo tray & S&P set, seasonings, etc...so I don't sling it over my shoulder.

I don't ever bring the batter bowl. It's too heavy. I bring prep bowls, and talk about the batter bowl family with those. I bring my ERMC set, and the SS bowl set. Between those 2 sets, I have bowls covered. (the ERMC set I use for things that have to be micro'd)

I would take the stainless bowls if I had them ... but since I don't I use the batter bowl at every show.

1. What types of totes/bags does Pampered Chef offer for shows?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of totes and bags for shows, including a Large Utility Tote, a Rolling Tote, a Convertible Tote, and a Deluxe Utility Tote. Each tote is designed to be durable and functional for carrying your Pampered Chef products to shows and demonstrations.

2. Are the totes/bags from Pampered Chef machine washable?

Yes, all of our totes and bags are machine washable for easy cleaning. However, we recommend spot cleaning as needed to maintain the integrity of the bag.

3. Can I customize my tote/bag with my name or logo?

At this time, we do not offer customization or personalization services for our totes and bags. However, you can easily add your own personal touch with a keychain or luggage tag.

4. Are the totes/bags from Pampered Chef covered by a warranty?

Yes, all of our totes and bags come with a one-year warranty against manufacturer defects. If you experience any issues with your tote or bag, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I use my tote/bag for purposes other than Pampered Chef shows?

Absolutely! Our totes and bags are versatile and can be used for various purposes, such as grocery shopping, beach trips, or as a general utility bag. They are designed to be durable and functional for everyday use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • dwyerkim
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrstephens