• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Past Host Special This Month

In summary, there is some confusion about how the past host benefit works this month. It was previously believed that the past host's order could contribute to the show hitting $650, but now it seems that it must reach that amount before the past host can order a set. However, the cost of the past host set will drive up the overall show sales for the current host, allowing them to reach a higher guest level and receive more benefits. The past host can only choose one item at 60% off and their purchase will not count towards commissionable sales, but rather overall guest sales. Ultimately, it seems that the past host's order will count towards the $650 needed for the current host to receive additional benefits. The host special flyer
grgann
Hi folks,
So I am finding myself a bit confused about how the past host benefit works this month. My past host wants to get a set, which I believe she can do if the show hits $650 in sales, but my question is does her order contribute to that show hitting $650? If it does not for her, does it for the current host?
I know last year we could use the past host benefit to count towards that amount, but I heard that changed... any help would be appreciated!
Claire

The show has to be at 650 before the past host can order a set, however the cost of the past host set will drive up the over show sales for the current host, thus bumping her up a guest level.

The fine print says that, but doesn't exactly spell it out plainly.

Once the show goes over $150 the past host 60% off item DOES count toward the host benefits. So if the host has a $532 party and the past host wants the Executive 5 pc set, she can order it for the 60% off price of $118 and the show total (for host benefits) goes up to $650. That gives the host the benefits of a $600 show and she gets to choose 2 cookware items, including sets at 60% off too!

okay so these two responses contradict each other... I know that it used to work the way Beth said, but I was told it changed... are folks sure it is not the way Dezi said? I would hate to tell my past-host misinformation...

I also thought it was that the show had to be at the $650 level now before the past host could order the second level items. But I haven't encountered that situation yet to know for sure. Her purchase will increase the guest sales, but cannot be used to get the sales over the $650 level.

The cookware sets become part of the selection at the $650 level for the host. That is when the sets become available for the past host to purchase too. The past host is only eligible to choose one item at 60% off.

Her purchase will raise the overall guest sales, not commissionable sales.

It is on the host special flyer.

So I went in and played around with an open show that is at $550, and the past host hasn't ordered yet. I put in a 7 pc. stainless set w/ the past host item number, and it seemed to take it just fine. The only flag was a yellow one because she is now eligible for the guest special. Before I put in her order, I added the same 7 pc. set to the host order and got a red dot. As soon as I added the past host order, the red dot went away.

SO - from this little experiment, I would say that Beth is right - once you get past the $150 to qualify as a show, the past host order counts towards the $650.

ChefBeckyD said:
So I went in and played around with an open show that is at $550, and the past host hasn't ordered yet. I put in a 7 pc. stainless set w/ the past host item number, and it seemed to take it just fine. The only flag was a yellow one because she is now eligible for the guest special. Before I put in her order, I added the same 7 pc. set to the host order and got a red dot. As soon as I added the past host order, the red dot went away.

SO - from this little experiment, I would say that Beth is right - once you get past the $150 to qualify as a show, the past host order counts towards the $650.

Funny, I just did the same thing on a $500 show and got the red dot... which said LV95 - guest sales must total $650 or more to receive this product

Directly from the flyer-

"Past Host Booking Benefit: For the past host to redeem the booking benefit, guest sales (excluding the booking benefit) must first reach $150. When guest sales reach
$150 or more, the past host from whom the March Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Sept. 1, 2011) is eligible to receive his or her choice
of ONE item at 60% off. The past host may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show."

Last edited:
vanscootin said:
Funny, I just did the same thing on a $500 show and got the red dot... which said LV95 - guest sales must total $650 or more to receive this productDirectly from the flyer-"Past Host Booking Benefit: For the past host to redeem the booking benefit, guest sales (excluding the booking benefit) must first reach $150. When guest sales reach
$150 or more, the past host from whom the March Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Sept. 1, 2011) is eligible to receive his or her choice
of ONE item at 60% off. The past host may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show."
It does not say that the past host's order can't count towards the $650 though.
And I just tried it again with a couple different #s and it worked both of those times too. (including LV95 for the past host special) Make sure that when you put in the host's order, you're putting it in under the host order # (LV71) and not the past host # (LV95) - I did that the first time too, and then realized my mistake. When I went and looked at the screen under the "Finish" tab - there are yellow yield signs for free product not being used, and for free guests specials not ordered, and a red dot for payment that still needs to be made - but there is NO red dot for the way that the past host and current host specials were ordered.

I have done it several times the way I described and the show always goes through without issue. The thing that changed was that the show first must now hit $150 before the past host benefit can be used. After that as long as the show sales hit the level of the chosen 60% off item it works.

It used to be that the past host benefit counted even if the show hadn't hit $150 and it was causing issues for consultants qualifying. They could put a show in that qualified as a show but the commissionable sales weren't enough to qualify the consultant for that month. Now it is much more clear -> show submitted = qualified consultant.

Then I'm confused... it is my understanding that the PAST HOST can order 1 of the products that is available to the host.

And because of my confusion I called HO, twice, and spoke to 2 seperate reps and got the same answer both times. The past host CAN NOT order a set UNLESS guest sales are at $650 or more BEFORE the Past Host's order.

So if Suzy host's show is $350.00 she is eligible for 1 60% off item, that does NOT include a cookware set. Patty Past Host, is NOT eligible for a cookware set at 60% off because it is NOT available to Suzy Host because her guest sales are less than $650.

It clearly states on the flyer "The past host may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show"

So if the show is $650 in sales, the cookware sets them become part of the choices for current host, thus making them available for the past host to select 1 as well. Then that would add to the over all guest sales, raising the show total to another guest level.

If P3 lets it work for you then fabulous. I don't understand why it won't let me do it. I know how to enter past host numbers, etc. I am going based upon what the flyer says and what home office says.

Call your upline (Exec level or above) and ask her. When you call the solution center you are getting the operator's opinion or guess. They are often and are usually right but not always. The top level consultants know the correct answer or can check more easily with the powers that be. In this case, I am 100% sure that I do have it right.

The past host special is available once a show qualifies (reaches $150 in guest sales) then the past host can choose one item at the level the show reaches. It does not say anywhere that the past host order doesn't count to get to that level once that $150 is reached.

I don't doubt that you know how to enter numbers, Dezi but possibly you might be missing something. I have KNOWN I had everything right and something didn't work and then I finally saw it so hopefully that is what is going on here that it won't work.

I think it is confusing when it is closer to the $650.

Let's say host is at $600 pure guest sales.

Past host adds something from the LOWER level (Level 1, since at this moment, it is still technically under 650).

BUT, let's say the PAST host adds a Level 1 $90 skillet. That would push the Sales to $690, which it is NOW over $650.

The host is NOW able to order from LEVEL 2, which according to the flyer, the past host can also now order from:
"The past host may select from the products available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show"

I don't know the answer, but this has happened to me once before (even after the $150 requirement). I believe it let me allow the past host to order something from level 2.

BethCooks4U said:
Call your upline (Exec level or above) and ask her. When you call the solution center you are getting the operator's opinion or guess. They are often and are usually right but not always. The top level consultants know the correct answer or can check more easily with the powers that be. In this case, I am 100% sure that I do have it right.

The past host special is available once a show qualifies (reaches $150 in guest sales) then the past host can choose one item at the level the show reaches. It does not say anywhere that the past host order doesn't count to get to that level once that $150 is reached.

I don't doubt that you know how to enter numbers, Dezi but possibly you might be missing something. I have KNOWN I had everything right and something didn't work and then I finally saw it so hopefully that is what is going on here that it won't work.

I called my NED.... so she and I must both be wrong then.

BethCooks4U said:

No one ever said that the past host order didn't count after the 150 in sales. Just that the past host can't buy a cookware set until the show sales were at 650 which is when the sets become available to the host.

Okay. I can see you're confused and I'm not explaining it right for you so let's just each do it the way we think is correct. You go ahead and make your host get to $650 first. That's more commission in your pocket and a higher level show for her. Win-win. I just know that it is allowed and that when my host isn't able to add more orders to her party my past host is really happy that they can get the higher level choice and host is happy for the new level that gives her. Again, win-win.

Don't have to worry about it because not a single one of my 15 hosts wanted any piece of cookware this month.

All I can say is...this sure is confusing. I thought it was as Dezi has explained. That's what I understand the fine print to say, too. The fact that P3 is allowing it I think is probably a glitch...a nice one, though. ;) Glitches are happening in P3 because I have a consultant on my team who forgot to enter in bookings for her hosts a couple different times. Each time she did those follow up shows, P3 allowed her to give the past host the booking benefit special. That's amazing to me! I thought for sure it wouldn't go through and the show would go on hold or something, but she said it's worked just fine on other shows and this time it also worked out. So if P3 is allowing that then I don't know what to think anymore.

When they first made this change I did check with my upline and she checked further and said the way I'm doing it is totally allowed so I don't feel it is a glitch at all. The point of the change was to get qualified shows to always be enough for a consultant to be active.As far as the bookings thing... I know it used to be that while we had to put a name and date down for the booking, all that really mattered was the number of bookings so if Mary booked at Jane's party and then Mary didn't do a show but Sue did Jane could use that as her booking from the show. I believe it is still that way but I am not positive about that one.

So this was bothering me last night and I played around in P3 and Beth you are right and I am wrong. It does work. Go ahead, do the happy dance... you know you want to :)

Regardless of whether it worked or not, the method still contradicts what the fine print in the flyer says. I'm not a moron, I have a college degree and I know how to read. This also means that everyone on my cluster is apparently doing it wrong too. To me, this is a very blurred line, that is obviously open to slight interpretation. Because if I am confused then there must be other consultants that are confused as well.

And after this eureka moment that it does in fact work, I still won't do it this way. If I'm confused as a consultant imagine how a customer would feel trying to explain to the past host, that oops her order for that set didn't make the show 650 or more so she can't order it. It would be much less complicated to say, wow, the show reached $650 so now you can have your choice of a set instead of an open stock piece!

And so what if it's more commission in my pocket? That's the point of the business right? To make money. Not to sell 60% off cookware that I don't make commission on that I will inevitably have to replace out of pocket because HO feels like they don't have to honor the warranty even though the PU&C was followed to the T and I would like to keep my customer.

Amanda - I doubt it's a P3 glitch... as it's obviously a case by case scenario since the acceptability of the past host buying a set will only be allowed if it brings the show sales up to 650 or more. For expamle, the red dot shows up on a set if it's just a $150 show + the past hosts order.

No happy dance. I can't tell you how many times I didn't get something that was plain as day and i also went to college... so I know where you're at. I tell the past host to give me a choice from level one too in case the show doesn't make it and I encourage her to ask around to see if anyone wants to add to her friend's party. They always understand and so far we've been able to get her the set she wanted. I think it helps motivate the host too. "Mary's order will be less if I don't get more orders... I don't want to disappoint her and I want more free."I agree that the higher the show the better for us and I always have the host go for the $1000 show but some can't seem to get there. This scenario is for them.

BethCooks4U said:
No happy dance. I can't tell you how many times I didn't get something that was plain as day and i also went to college... so I know where you're at. I tell the past host to give me a choice from level one too in case the show doesn't make it and I encourage her to ask around to see if anyone wants to add to her friend's party. They always understand and so far we've been able to get her the set she wanted. I think it helps motivate the host too. "Mary's order will be less if I don't get more orders... I don't want to disappoint her and I want more free."

I agree that the higher the show the better for us and I always have the host go for the $1000 show but some can't seem to get there. This scenario is for them.

I like the way you ask them for a level one and level two option. I never thought of that because honestly I've not given the past host special much thought until reading this thread. I am glad you guys discussed it and I definitely think I will ask my past hosts for the two options and also encourage them to try and get more orders for their friend's party! Very Smart!

What is the current host special for this month?

The current host special for this month is the "Get It All" set, which includes the Quick Cooker, Rockcrok® Dutch Oven, and Rockcrok® Everyday Pan. This set is available for 60% off for hosts who meet the minimum party sales.

How can I become a host and take advantage of the special?

To become a host and take advantage of the special, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. Our consultants will guide you through the process and help you earn rewards and the monthly host special.

Can I choose a different host special if I don't want the "Get It All" set?

Unfortunately, the host special for the month is predetermined and cannot be changed. However, we offer different specials each month, so you can always wait for a different month if you're not interested in the current host special.

Is the host special available for online parties as well?

Yes, the host special is available for both in-person and online parties. Our consultants will work with you to determine the best option for your party and ensure you receive the host special and other rewards.

Can I combine the host special with other promotions or discounts?

No, the host special cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can still earn free products and discounted items based on your party sales and bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • RachelLyn915
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
workingontwo
  • Nikki0896