• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Questions: Working for PC & Party Hostess Responsibilities

I do this all while staying home with my boys and keeping our house under control. I live in a small town as well but the parties just keep coming.
angfen
I'm about to become a new consultant in about a month or so after I finish moving. Right now I'm trying to get some information. My questions are: How does everyone like working for PC and is the Money what you thought it would be? Also when you do a party does the hostess take care of buying the food you'll need to cook or do you have to do that?

Thanks! :)

I love PC. Everytime I get that automatic deposit in my account I think this is the greatest job. Just today I was printing off my commission checks to show future consultants and was figuring I make an average of $ 80.00 and hour. WOW!!! I do that all the while staying home with my boys and keeping our house under control. I live in a small town as well but the parties just keep coming.
You can do however you like with the food. I send the host a list of what she needs to buy but I know of severl consultants who have mentioned on here that they buy the food and have the host pay them back. You just have to do what feels best for you. I personally feel funny about asking for $$ from them.
Well, goodluck with your move and let me know if I can help you anymore.

Hi !Hi ! the great thing about PC is that you make it what you want to be ! My Show average is $500.00 , so i make about $100.00 per show. Not to bad for 2 hours worth of work ! Including travel time!The person having the show buys the food for the recipe ! there are so many recipes for you to try when you are fisrt starting out. I love earning free products every month ! If you have any more questions feel free to pop me a email !! :)

Hi there!
When someone hosts a Kitchen Show, they are the ones to provide the ingredients for the recipe or two a consultant makes. Sometimes I offer various incentives or something where I supply the ingredients, for example if it's part of a raffle prize that someone wins. I do know that there are consultants who purchase the ingredients and have the hosts pay them back. I have never tried this, but mainly I've had success with hosts buying the right things and following through. I know some have had some unfortunate experiences with hosts who don't necessarily listen to the directions a consultant gives them!

Regarding the commission and paychecks....it's turned out to be better than I imagined. Obviously some months are different from others, but the goal I've set for myself and the budget that my husband and I have developed has almost always been met. A lot of months, the money I bring in and add to the income is more than what we have in our budget, so that's an extra bonus! To be honest, I got into this more to have a night away from the house every so often and the income wasn't as big a draw for me. But once I saw what it could bring, I set some goals to get even bigger paychecks. If it's a slower month and not as big, it's usually because I have other obligations going on, so I adjust my schedule to have fewer shows. That's the great thing about this business!! You can make it what you want. If you need a bigger paycheck toward the holidays, start booking more shows a few months before that.

One of the best tips I got at conference this year was to double book one of your months. It may be crazy to hold twice the shows that you normally do, but it gives you a good idea of how you can really turbo charge your business. I know it's hard to get bookings sometimes, but when you're able to, double book and see where it takes you. It shows you the potential!

Please feel free to post any other questions here! Everyone is very friendly and willing to help out. If you don't already have a consultant you work with, feel free to contact me via email or private message and I'd love to help you explore this more. :) I would be more than happy to help you get started.

P.S. There are some GREAT promotions going on right now, so it's a great time to start up!

Last edited:
The best decision I ever made was to join PC. I have been so blessed by the friendships I have made and the personal growth I have made. The best part has been helping others whether it's customer care, getting a host what she wants or helping someone start their own business - I get the best reward because I know that I helped someone to have success in some way.

Whenever things seem to be slipping I just sit back and say a prayer. At first it was "If this is what I'm supposed to be doing please help me see the way" and now it's more like "Thank you for all the blessings I have gotten. Guide me to know my next step". Starting in Mid-June I was away from my business because of personal events and I returned just this last week in July. I thought that I would go into relinquishment because I didn't think that I would reach the $350 director sales minimum or the $4000 team sales minimum but again I was blessed!!

On my way home I got a message that a host called excited about her party. I had left her a message explaining that we needed to reschedule but she had not gotten that message. So, since I got home during the night before I decided to do it - no host coaching-eek! She had a $768 show! (No, she wasn't interested in signing.)

A good friend who has done tons of $150 shows for me decided she wanted to get the Chillzanne Server so she did a show the other night and so far it's $500! She'll close tonight. That's 2 shows in July (charm, basket, NC basket, $1,250 in sales!!)! AND I usually cover most of the $4000 team sales so I hadn't told my team about that requirement before this but I did send out a note that if they each did a $150 show we could make it with the orders that they had already submitted. As of this morning we reached $4100 (with my orders) and I know there are at least 2-3 more coming in!

I truely am blessed in this business!! (PS: I also had a recruit sign while I was still away with my family! I had only communicated with her via email so it was a wonderful surprise! She has already shown that she will be a great addition to our team and a good friend!)

Last edited:
Questions about PartiesThank you so much for all your responses to my questions everyone. You really made me feel like I'm making the right choice. The way I decided to get started was this... My husband is starting law school in the fall "full-time" I have a 9 month old baby. Our families are really backing us up on this but as far as our income we have what's in savings, that will last us a while.

After a nice melt down from all the stress of moving, packing, and trying to figure out a budget I decided to take a break and i came across the website for PC. I remembered all the parties I used to go to before we moved to where we are now and I love the product. Not to mention the fact that I love to cook and eat LOL.

Anyway, As I checked out the site I thought this would be the perfect thing to do. It would be a night out, where I would be able to stay home with my baby and also to bring in some extra cash. I am very excited about starting once I'm settled in after this move.

Thank you all again for your support and encouragement you made me just confirm wheather I was guided to this decision or not that it's definately the right one. I love this web-site and I will definately keep asking questions and I look forward to talking to you all and exchanging ideas

THANK YOU!

angfen said:
Thank you so much for all your responses to my questions everyone. You really made me feel like I'm making the right choice. The way I decided to get started was this... My husband is starting law school in the fall "full-time" I have a 9 month old baby. Our families are really backing us up on this but as far as our income we have what's in savings, that will last us a while.

After a nice melt down from all the stress of moving, packing, and trying to figure out a budget I decided to take a break and i came across the website for PC. I remembered all the parties I used to go to before we moved to where we are now and I love the product. Not to mention the fact that I love to cook and eat LOL.

Anyway, As I checked out the site I thought this would be the perfect thing to do. It would be a night out, where I would be able to stay home with my baby and also to bring in some extra cash. I am very excited about starting once I'm settled in after this move.

Thank you all again for your support and encouragement you made me just confirm wheather I was guided to this decision or not that it's definately the right one. I love this web-site and I will definately keep asking questions and I look forward to talking to you all and exchanging ideas

THANK YOU!

I recently became a consultant and love it. It feels like Christmas when the UPS man comes ringing doorbell. If you don't have a recuriter yet, I would love to assist you getting your OWN Pampered Chef business started. This is a great time to join.
All you consultants signing their agreement between July1 and August 31 receive the NEW Roasting Pan with Rack FREE.
Consultants Promotions are super right now.
WOW the free stuff you can get as a new consultant is amazing.
Well, let me know if I can help you in anyway.
Email me if you have any questions.
Charlene

www.pamperedchef.biz/charnskitchen

UPS and Christmas!!!I feel the same way when the UPS guy shows up!! I just can't wait. Now is a really great time to sign up since they are giving away the new Roasting Pan!! I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

If you have any questions or just want to talk IM me. I'm a stay at home mom too and love to chat to my friends online. You can talk to a bunch of people at once!!! :D I'd love to answer any of your questions or even help you get started. If you don't have a recruiter already. It be great to have a recruit to make the Pampered Chef journey with and help challenge each other to do better!

1. How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you will need to connect with a current consultant or visit the Pampered Chef website to sign up. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the essential tools and resources you will need to start your business.

2. What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn up to 50% commission on your sales, receive discounts on products, and attend training and conferences to help grow your business. You also have the flexibility to work from home and set your own schedule.

3. What are my responsibilities as a party hostess?

As a party hostess, your main responsibility is to invite friends and family to attend a Pampered Chef party. You will also be responsible for providing a space for the party to take place, and possibly offering light refreshments. Your consultant will take care of the rest, including demonstration and sales.

4. What kind of support and training can I expect as a new consultant?

Pampered Chef offers extensive training and support for new consultants. This includes online training courses, mentorship from experienced consultants, and regional and national conferences. You will also have access to a consultant community for any questions or concerns.

5. Can I still work for Pampered Chef if I have another job?

Yes, you can work for Pampered Chef while holding another job. Being a consultant allows for a flexible schedule, so you can work around your other commitments. However, keep in mind that the more time and effort you put into your business, the more successful it is likely to be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bostonbelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • chef tso