• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Micro Cooker causing a mess in the microwave?

In summary, a Micro Cooker is a stoneware dish specifically designed for cooking food in the microwave. It is made from a special clay that allows for even heat distribution and can withstand high temperatures. You can cook a variety of foods in a Micro Cooker, such as vegetables, rice, pasta, meats, and even desserts, making it a versatile tool for steaming, boiling, and reheating food quickly and efficiently. To use a Micro Cooker, simply place the food inside, add a small amount of liquid if necessary, and cover with the lid. It is safe to use in the microwave, but caution should be taken when handling the hot cooker. The Micro Cooker is also dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended
ChefLAM
I had a past customer just leave me a voicemail regarding the micro-cooker. She said that she has used it 2 times and she is not happy because the lid doesn't fit tightly on it and it has made a mess in her microwave each time she's used it. Any suggestions on this product and how to use it and not make a mess? I don't have one and am not sure how to give her tips if I haven't used it myself. Thanks!

Let her know that it acts as a steamer, and she doesn't need to add liquid if she is cooking frozen veggies in it. If it's fresh veggies, she just needs a few TBLS. of water in the bottom.

Also - she may just be overfilling it. I've never had a problem with either of mine overflowing.

I've never had an issue with it overflowing either and I use mine all the time!

ChefPaulaB said:
I've never had an issue with it overflowing either and I use mine all the time!

Same here - it's either in the microwave or the dishwasher.:)

Thanks so much! I will let her know!

She may have a defective one. My MIL had one that had an ill-fitting lid. We did a replacement, and she now loves her micro-cookers.

My original lid didn't fit right, it was a little warped and it wouldn't lay on top well and make contact with the rim of the micro cooker, so HO sent me a new lid and everything's great now.

Is she making rice in it? That would do it too.

What is a Micro Cooker?

A Micro Cooker is a stoneware dish with a lid that is designed to cook food in the microwave. It is made from a special clay that allows for even heat distribution and can withstand high temperatures.

What types of food can I cook in a Micro Cooker?

You can cook a variety of foods in a Micro Cooker, such as vegetables, rice, pasta, meats, and even desserts. It is great for steaming, boiling, and reheating food quickly and efficiently.

How do I use a Micro Cooker?

To use a Micro Cooker, simply place the food inside, add a small amount of liquid if necessary, and cover with the lid. Microwave according to the recommended cooking time for the specific food you are cooking. Use oven mitts to remove the hot cooker from the microwave.

Is a Micro Cooker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, a Micro Cooker is safe to use in the microwave. It is made from materials that are specifically designed for use in the microwave and can withstand high temperatures. Just be sure to follow the recommended cooking times and use caution when handling the hot cooker.

Can I put my Micro Cooker in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to preserve the stoneware. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers that may damage the surface of the cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Intrepid_Chef