1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about micro cooker

1. ChefLAM

ChefLAM Member

I had a past customer just leave me a voicemail regarding the micro-cooker. She said that she has used it 2 times and she is not happy because the lid doesn't fit tightly on it and it has made a mess in her microwave each time she's used it. Any suggestions on this product and how to use it and not make a mess? I don't have one and am not sure how to give her tips if I haven't used it myself. Thanks!

Oct 6, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Let her know that it acts as a steamer, and she doesn't need to add liquid if she is cooking frozen veggies in it. If it's fresh veggies, she just needs a few TBLS. of water in the bottom.

Also - she may just be overfilling it. I've never had a problem with either of mine overflowing.

Oct 6, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I've never had an issue with it overflowing either and I use mine all the time!

Oct 6, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Same here - it's either in the microwave or the dishwasher.:)

Oct 6, 2009
  5. ChefLAM

ChefLAM Member

Thanks so much! I will let her know!

Oct 6, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

She may have a defective one. My MIL had one that had an ill-fitting lid. We did a replacement, and she now loves her micro-cookers.

Oct 7, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

My original lid didn't fit right, it was a little warped and it wouldn't lay on top well and make contact with the rim of the micro cooker, so HO sent me a new lid and everything's great now.

Oct 7, 2009
  8. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Is she making rice in it? That would do it too.

Oct 7, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted