• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Loaded Baked Potato Soup

In summary, the recipe calls for adding milk a little at a time and whisking until it is smooth. If the cream cheese is added too quickly, it will result in lumps.
katem51
I love this recipe and whenever I've made it it's a hit.

But is there a trick to getting the cream cheese to be fully incorporated into the soup without looking like little lumps?

Don't know if I'm explaining this right, but I always have little lumps of cream cheese in the soup and I hate the way that looks; like curdled milk!!

Still tastes good but I don't think it looks all that appealing. So, does anyone know if you can ever get that cream cheese perfectly smooth and blended with the milk?

Thanks in advance !

I like to warm up the cream cheese in the microwave a bit before I start whisking in the milk, otherwise I'm whisking the cheese for a while until it becomes smooth. Also, add the milk in a little at a time. Incorporate it before you add more milk. Make sense?

Yep, like Jane said...make sure the cream cheese is softened first. Then add a little bit of milk at first, whisk it good, add more milk, whisk again...like that. Gradually add that milk and whisk and it will be perfect. :)

That's what I do also...microwave the cream cheese until it's pretty soft. Then add the milk a little at a time, stirring it until it's well mixed. (each time you add the milk) It usually works pretty good!

I don't whisk the cream cheese anymore - I read somewhere that a person put the block of cream cheese directly on the mix in the DCB and put the lid back on for it to soften - after cooking the potatoes and BEFORE using the Mix 'n Chop. It's so much easier than doing the whisking. After I use the Mix 'n Chop, I add the rest of the milk etc and then finish cooking it in the microwave.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I was adding too much milk at a time. Like the idea of the cream cheese right into the DCB and will probably try that trick. Otherwise, I'll just have to be more patient and not so quick to add the milk.

If I add just about a tablespoon of milk and whisk, then add a 2nd tablespoon and whisk a little more, I don't get lumps. I think the recipe could be clearer on what "slowly add 3 cups" of milk means!

I am going to try the idea about just putting the cream cheese on there to melt. It sounds a lot easier.

What are the ingredients for loaded baked potato soup?

The ingredients for loaded baked potato soup typically include potatoes, bacon, cheese, broth, milk, onion, garlic, and seasonings. Some recipes may also call for sour cream, green onions, and additional toppings such as chives or shredded cheese.

Can this soup be made in a slow cooker?

Yes, loaded baked potato soup can definitely be made in a slow cooker. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. For a thicker consistency, you can also mash some of the cooked potatoes before serving.

What is the best type of potato to use for this soup?

Russet potatoes are often recommended for loaded baked potato soup because they have a high starch content, which helps thicken the soup. However, you can also use red or Yukon gold potatoes for a creamier texture. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.

Can this soup be made vegetarian or vegan?

Yes, this soup can be easily adapted to be vegetarian or vegan. Simply omit the bacon and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also use plant-based milk and vegan cheese if desired.

How should I store leftovers of this soup?

Leftovers of loaded baked potato soup should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for 3-4 days. To reheat, you can use the stovetop or microwave, stirring occasionally to ensure even heating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lakamper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies