1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Question about January Host/Guest Special

1. AmyjonesPC

AmyjonesPC Member

I'm a little confused about this month's Host special.

Why are they offering a 60% discount on the Sweetheart towels to Hosts, when Guests get them for free with a $50 purchase?

Are the Hosts no longer able to purchase $50 themselves and qualify for the Guest special?

I feel like I may have missed something when they tightened up on the Guest special for guests only at a show.

Jan 5, 2006
  2. lynnguilm

lynnguilm Member

The host might not spend an extra $50 after she gets her free stuff. As far as I know, if the host spends the $50 in products, she can get the guest special too. Alot of hosts dont spend too much money after getting their free and 1/2 price products. In my previous shows, the host who spent $50 got the guest special too. I dont think it is different this month.
    Anyone correct me if i'm wrong!

Jan 5, 2006
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

They can still get them for free, I think, if they spend $50 out of pocket just like any other month.

The reason why the host special items are so small is because the host is getting 1.5 times for FREE! That's better than 60% off anything, I think!

Jan 5, 2006
  4. ddcook

ddcook Member

I had some questions about the towels too, so I checked with the HO. Here is what they said.

"A Guest can only receive one set of the towels as the bonus for an appropriate value order. The Host does have the option of purchasing additional sets using code #9558 at the cost of $14.25. The may use her free product dollars toward this purchase(s) or take them at discount on her regular Host discount or as a half price item if she has that option available to her.

If the Host pays out of pocket the amount of $50.00 for her items, she
    may also be awarded one free by listing the Guest Special number on her
    order."

HTH

Jan 5, 2006
  5. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

they do have 2 hostess specials so the hostess can get the towls for free if they choose then pick the dessert plates at the hostess special dicount

Jan 6, 2006
Have something to add?