1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Question about increasing sales

1. AmyR

AmyR Member

Hello~
    I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried setting up a PC club where 12 people commit to spending $20/month on PC products and then one person from that group gets the host benefits for the month? If so, I would like to have more information about it. :)

Nov 15, 2005
  2. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

I have never tried it but have heard of Stampin' Up doing that. I would be interested too!

Nov 15, 2005
  3. PCBeliever

PCBeliever Novice Member

The problem would be finding 12 people. You may find a couple who love the product that much, but then what if you didn't find 12 for a while. I'm not sure... you'll have to keep us posted if you try this.

Melody

Nov 17, 2005
  4. MSmith

MSmith Member

I have been attending a Stampin' Up workshop the last couple of months and it's been fun plus I'm starting to get addicted! The consultant is a teacher and she invites her friends and teachers each month. My neighbor works with her and invited me, so her workshops get perpetuated by word of mouth. Everybody pays $5 for supplies b/c we use all of her stuff...but, if you buy something, the fee is waived. She said that the fee goes towards replenishing supplies. She does a talk about Stampin' Up for people who are new but if there's nobody new, we just get to making cards, eat, talk and have fun...and she even gives out door prizes.

I would like to try something like this w/ PC. Hold cooking classes, charge $5 for the class (unless they buy something), have fun themes, make it hands-on, and send them off w/ recipes. The fee would pay for the food, possibly even for the door prizes, and maybe even more products for people to use in class.

Most likely people will buy, but I think that if it's not a requirement to be part of the club, there's more of a chance for the cooking club to keep its momentum and maybe be lucrative long term but at a minimum, just from having your name out there, honing your craft, and keeping people involved w/ PC would be a great thing.

Nov 20, 2005
  5. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

I like your idea

I like the idea holding of cooking classes but where would you do it? My kitchen wouldn't be big enough to do something like that with more than about 3 people. Who would you market to? I'm thinking college kids and/or newly weds or engaged? It sounds like lots of fun! Do you have any of the basics figured out or are you still thinking? Let us know! I'm definitely interested in finding out how it goes.

Nov 20, 2005
  6. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

O, that sounds like fun

Please keep us updated if anyone tries this, that would be something neat to try, especially since I live in a small town there is nowhere around here that would have something of the sort that would compete, I know I took cake decorating classes in the back of a bakery when I was pregnant with my first child just for something to do and I had lots of fun, and there were about 10 people there give or take on each session. I might have to try this myself, maybe mail out a questionaire about this and see how many people would be interested in something like this. HMMM, now you got my brain going into overdrive, lol, just what I needed. ;)

Nov 20, 2005
  7. MSmith

MSmith Member

I don't have anything figured out b/c I've only been thinking about it since going to my 2nd Stampin' party. I would probably start in my home, tho it would be really cozy to have 4-5 people in here cooking.

just rambling now, but I know of an ideal place at a friends church b/c of it's layout, I'm not sure if they'd let me do something like this (just have to ask!)...perhaps if I donated something (time or $$) it would work. But the stamp parties are held in a community room of our local police station...surely I can find something like that w/ a kitchen. It's just going to take some research and creativity. We've got a place called the Jones Center for Families where everything is free- gym, courts, ice skating, pool, daycare, classes, computer lab...it is AWESOME! They offer free classes (you can charge for supplies only) for the community, and I had looked into that but, I can't promote my business if I did something like this basically, I couldn't sell any products. I'm still thinking about this one b/c even if I just did the classes, I could still get my name out there and practice.

Good luck with your efforts...I am really interested in hearing more ideas!

Nov 21, 2005
  8. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

MSmith, I'd do that just for advertising your biz. If people come to these classes, they'll see how much fun they can have in the kitchen, how easy it is to use our products, and they'd be able to work with them in person.. in the kitchen, where they're going to use them in their own home. It seems like an awesome idea to get your name out there and get some bookings out of it.. You never know, you could get recruits from it too! The best form of advertising is word-of-mouth, and this is just the thing people talk to their friends about!

Good luck, and let us know what your results are if you try this..
    God bless!
    -Amanda

Nov 21, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted