• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about HO's Fruit Salad Staining on Green Material

In summary, Lisa has a customer who ordered a fruit salad and it stained the green part. Lisa suggests that the customer try baking soda paste to remove the stain. HO said that the red - from strawberries, or blue from blueberries would stain it. Lisa also heard back from HO about how to get rid of the watermelon stain.
lisa717
I have a question...I have a customer who ordered it....put a fruit salad in it...just the fruit..watermelon, cantelope, grapes...etc and it stained the green part...did HO say that would happen? I can't find the info on the email they had sent....

I would think the red---from strawberries, or blue from blueberries would stain it....heck it stains clothes and tableclothes too! But I cannot understand watermelon/cantelope or grapes.

I would contact HO.

Lisa - they said it would with tomato base products - I don't recall any information on Fruit products - Did she try baking soda paste?

I know Linda had a thread about the smell of onions on hers - see if there is any information on it and in the meantime - email HO

ick! Mine still smells like onions.
Oh well, I just use it for salads

Mine still smells too. HO said to use soft scrub with bleach. I keep forgetting to buy some.

OK I will email them I'll let you know what they say!

Did she have orange slices (including the rind) in her salad? I know that the oils from citrus will stain our chillzanne stuff...

pamperedlinda said:
Mine still smells too. HO said to use soft scrub with bleach. I keep forgetting to buy some.

Oh that is good to know!!! Let us know if it works Linda!

Good grief! :eek: I didn't realize fruit would stain like that AND retain the odor of onions. I have sold many of these...it is a good thing I read your posts and now I know what to tell them. What would we do without you guys? Thank you so much for the great advice! :thumbup:

Kelly...no oranges or rind...just the fruits I had listed..

Yeah... I'm not a fan of the collapsible bowl. I remember an email about tomato based products, and the cheeseburger salad (ketchup) causing discoloration but not fruit! In my personal opinion it kindof grosses me out that the Collapsible bowl holds smells... yuck!

lisa717 said:
I have a question...I have a customer who ordered it....put a fruit salad in it...just the fruit..watermelon, cantelope, grapes...etc and it stained the green part...did HO say that would happen? I can't find the info on the email they had sent....

Mine was stained with just watermelon. Nothing else... just a watermelon a friend cut up... I offered my collapsible bowl and now the green is stained.

I believe it was the watermelon that stained it oo..but HO didn't warn us of that...looking to get a replacement for her here.

I have done a fruit salad in mine with no problems!

I have been meaning to get one, but now I am afraid to.

I don't think this item will be staying in the catalog long. I don't have one either.

Mine got stained from a fruit salad at a host's house, mostly from the watermelon. I've washed it a few times and it has faded. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hmmmm . . . I've used mine several times with no problem.

Mine has a few small stains from the tomatoes in a salad. But I still love the bowl.

And to think I was going to order one to show...glad I didn't...lol Looks like it comes with some drama too!

I am going to take mine to the Cluster Meeting tonight and have two prep bowls of dip in the center and the chips/crackers around the outside. This will give me an opportunity to ask them about their experience with the bowl. I smelled mine last night after having the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad in it. I had to put my nose up against it to smell a slight hint of onion. Nothing powerful. No stains...yet!

My ex-director said hers stained due to watermelon ... but just like our scrapers, it fades when exposed to air.

Did you hear back from HO about how to get rid of the Watermelon stain? This happened to a host of mine too this weekend.

Watermelon stained mine :confused:
I do not suggest this bowl or bring it to my shows. I would never stop anyone from ordering it, but its not one of my favorites.

With so many problems you'd think they would recall this one. The metal sheet pans only discolored but you could still use the pans and they were recalled. I am confused. :confused:

My collapsible bowl's stains faded away to nothing. I was very upset that the staining from watermelon happened but when I took it to my last show, nary a stain mark. I did warn folks about the possibility of staining, of course, but was glad to see that at least with watermelon, it's not permanent.

Can you use that Cascade plastic container cleaner? I also remember reading somewhere that HO recommends not using the collaps. bowl for the cheeseburger salad-due to staining. But most salads use tomatoes, or if it's collapsed and used for salsa or 7-layer dip, I imagine there will also be staining. I have non PC white plastic bowls, and they all stain, but fade over time. Also, I learned that washing plastic in hot water sets in the stains. They still come out over time, but I try to not have the water quite so hot. Do preliminary cleaning with lukewarm or coolish water, then switch to hot.

babywings76 said:
Can you use that Cascade plastic container cleaner? I also remember reading somewhere that HO recommends not using the collaps. bowl for the cheeseburger salad-due to staining. But most salads use tomatoes, or if it's collapsed and used for salsa or 7-layer dip, I imagine there will also be staining. I have non PC white plastic bowls, and they all stain, but fade over time. Also, I learned that washing plastic in hot water sets in the stains. They still come out over time, but I try to not have the water quite so hot. Do preliminary cleaning with lukewarm or coolish water, then switch to hot.

On my bowl it wasn't the white parts that stained - it was the green collapsible part. Can't tell now though... which is a good thing. LOL..

I had watermelon stains on mine and they are non existant now. Just keep washing.

I have watermellon stains on mine too, will keep washing and see what happens.

1. What is HO's Fruit Salad Staining on Green Material and how does it work?

HO's Fruit Salad Staining on Green Material is a product that is designed to stain green material with natural fruit juices. The process involves placing pieces of fruit on the green material and allowing the juices to soak in and create a colorful stain.

2. Can any type of fruit be used with HO's Fruit Salad Staining on Green Material?

Yes, any type of fruit can be used with this product. Watermelon, cantaloupe, and grapes are just a few examples of fruits that can be used to create the stain.

3. Will the stain from the fruit be permanent on the green material?

Yes, the stain created by HO's Fruit Salad Staining on Green Material is permanent and will not wash out. It is important to keep this in mind when using the product on clothing or other items that may need to be washed regularly.

4. Did HO say that fruit staining would occur on the green material?

I cannot find any information in the email from HO stating that fruit staining would occur on the green material. It is possible that this was not mentioned in the email and therefore, it may have been an unexpected result.

5. Is there a way to prevent the fruit from staining the green material?

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent the fruit from staining the green material when using HO's Fruit Salad Staining. However, you can try using a barrier, such as wax paper or plastic wrap, between the fruit and the material to minimize the staining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tracyt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ElizabethPurvis
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ElizabethPurvis
  • kcmckay