• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About: Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes

In summary, the candy bars are good, but hard to find, and the batter is thick. The candies are best served warm.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Has anyone made these?? Are they good??

Are they good for shows??

Any tricks or tips you'd like to share??

Thanks, no one in my cluster when I checked had made them and I just wondered.

Lisa

I've made these several times just for us at home and for when we had company and also to give to neighbors. They are really yummy.-The candy bars can be hard to find, though. I tried substituting different candy for it and it just wasn't the same. I didn't try a 3 musketeers though, and that's probably the next closest thing to it.-I always end up with a lot of extra chocolate sauce that gets drizzled on at the end.-The batter is pretty thick and when it says to use a whisk, that gets pretty challenging. I usually start with a whisk, then give up and switch to the master scraper.-Make sure you use the right size cake mix. It's the smaller package. By me, Duncan Hines makes a "Cupcake" cake mix. Otherwise, it's hard to figure out exactly 1/2 of a cake mix, cause it goes by weight. One time I didn't have the small box and so just made a double batch.I don't have the floral cupcake pan, so I use the 12 cup muffin stone. I use Baker's Joy to grease and flour the pan. They release beautifully.They are best served warm.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't notice the cake mix part, I would have screwed that up.

For the Candies, when SB first came out I figured every PC person in my area would swoop these up when found, and after going to like 6 stores and not finding any I figured my PC sisters had taken them all. Well I went to our local K-Mart and they had just started putting Halloween candy out, and I picked up Reese's Whipped, I'm hoping that's what I was to buy, because I bought 5 bags and they've sat here sealed in a bin and it's been TORTURE to not eat them, but they are still here.

I've got the floral cupcake pan so I can use that, matter of fact I've got 2 of them, so if I did do a double batch should work, right??

Thanks again,

Lisa

You're welcome. :) Yes, it's the Reese's Whipps. If you have 2 floral cupcake pans, then you'll be fine doubling it. Just be sure to level off your scoop as you go. For some reason when I doubled the batch I seemed to run short of batter. But when I've made a single batch, it was perfect...actually had a little left over. It was weird.

If you use the little "fun" size Whipps (as if there's anything fun about a candy bar that's only 2 bites!), use 1/2 bar in each cake. It's a little more than it calls for by weight, but it's a heck of a lot easier to just cut 6 into halves. :)

MMMMM..Now I have to try this recipe..LOL..I saw it in the book..but never looked at it..until I found this thread..now I looked..and I want to try it

Of course, I send hubby to get ingredients and there's NO Jiffy mixes other than Muffin mixes and no Cupcake mixes, so now I"m going to have to make a double batch.

Oh darn, guess I'll have 24 to sample, or actually 19, after the kids get done, lol. But if I ate that many I'd be sicked than a dog.

I can't wait to try them. Off to make them now.

Thanks for all the advice,

Lisa

You can always just measure the box in half.

Thanks so much for all the advice. They are made, and I'm glad someone said to not put entire bottom layer down and come back to do tops. Since I made a double batch, what I did was entire first pan with just bottoms, put CB piece in, toppped, did peanuts and then put aside. With 2nd pan, I did 4 and completely finished them, did two more and two more and so on. I ended up only being able to make 10 in last pan. I did have plenty of drizzle, wasn't sure what to use to drizzle it with, so I just grabbed the smallest of the Exec. Cookware spoons, as what was closest in my kitchen at the time.

My family can't wait to get up in the morning and try them. I said, we might have to nuk to make them as good. Hubby said, he'd suggest a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on the side.

Again, that's for all the advice and help, as it made it go much easier.
My family gave this recipe for taste: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (and we're a family of 5 ;))

Lisa

Last edited:
Can't believe haven't tried these yet!

My family gave this recipe for taste: (and we're a family of 5 )

What's really funny is my youngest said, Mommy I even give this 2 big toes up. She's sitting in chair at table with both thumbs up and her toes up. Made me crack up.

Lisa

1. What ingredients do I need to make Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes?

To make Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes, you will need all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and semisweet chocolate chips. You can also add chopped nuts, chocolate chunks, or other mix-ins for extra flavor and texture.

2. Can I use a different type of flour instead of all-purpose flour?

Yes, you can use alternative flours such as whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour. However, the texture and taste of the mini cakes may be slightly different. We recommend sticking to all-purpose flour for the best results.

3. How do I prevent the mini cakes from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the mini cakes from sticking, we recommend greasing the mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or coating it with a thin layer of butter. You can also use mini cupcake liners for easy removal.

4. How long do I bake the Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes?

The Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes should be baked for approximately 10-12 minutes at 350°F. However, every oven is different, so we recommend checking the mini cakes after 10 minutes. The edges should be set, but the center should still be slightly gooey.

5. Can I make these mini cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply microwave them for a few seconds or warm them in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
DebPC