• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Non-Spinning Microwave Bad for Food?

In summary, the glass turntable plate may not be rotating correctly and this can cause the food to not cook evenly. You can try baking soda paste and a lot of scrubbing with a kitchen brush, or you can put it in your oven and run a self-clean cycle.
blueikaos
I used mine for the first time in my new place last night to make the loaded baked potato chowder.

It just barely fits in my new microwave, so naturally it doesn't spin. Is it bad for it not to spin in the microwave?

You just need to rotate it a quarter turn through out the total time.

Make sure your microwave is at least 1000 watts. If not, you may overheat your microwave.

Ok, I turned it half way through, 180 degrees.My microwave is 900 watts I think.Thank you.

Make sure that you turn the glass turntable plate over so it doesn't break the piece that turns it, too.

So...I made the Apple Cherry Crisp in my DCB for Thanksgiving and now the inside of my DCB is pink from the cherries. :( Any ideas how to fix it?

Baking soda paste and a lot of scrubbing with a kitchen brush?

I'll try that... I hope it works! Pink isn't really my color...lol

It fades. I borrowed my Director's DCB when I first started and made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and it turned red - I felt terrible LOL But I scrubbed it (without soap) and cooked other stuff in it and it was fine :)

MLinAZ said:
It fades. I borrowed my Director's DCB when I first started and made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and it turned red - I felt terrible LOL But I scrubbed it (without soap) and cooked other stuff in it and it was fine :)

Yes it does fade over time!

I have also heard (although never tried) that you can put it in your oven and run a self-clean cycle. It cleans all the stoneware to look just like new-although this may only apply to the "seasoning" brown color. It might be worth a try if the scrubbing doesn't work.

PCCRachael said:
I have also heard (although never tried) that you can put it in your oven and run a self-clean cycle. It cleans all the stoneware to look just like new-although this may only apply to the "seasoning" brown color. It might be worth a try if the scrubbing doesn't work.

This is NOT recommended and will VOID your warranty.

1. Is it safe to use a non-spinning microwave for cooking?

Yes, it is safe to use a non-spinning microwave for cooking. The rotating turntable in a microwave helps to evenly distribute heat, but it is not necessary for the microwave to function properly. As long as the food is placed in the center of the microwave and stirred or flipped halfway through cooking, it will cook evenly.

2. Will my food cook evenly without a rotating turntable?

While the rotating turntable in a microwave helps to evenly distribute heat, it is not the only way to achieve even cooking. As long as the food is stirred or flipped halfway through cooking, it will cook evenly without a rotating turntable.

3. Can I use a non-spinning microwave for all types of food?

Yes, a non-spinning microwave can be used for all types of food. As long as the food is placed in the center of the microwave and stirred or flipped halfway through cooking, it will cook evenly without a rotating turntable.

4. Will my food take longer to cook in a non-spinning microwave?

It may take slightly longer for your food to cook in a non-spinning microwave compared to one with a rotating turntable. However, as long as the food is stirred or flipped halfway through cooking, it should not significantly affect the cooking time.

5. Are there any benefits to using a non-spinning microwave?

One potential benefit of using a non-spinning microwave is that it may be easier to clean since there is no turntable to remove and wash separately. Additionally, some non-spinning microwaves may have larger cooking capacities since they do not have a turntable taking up space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • yummy4tummy
  • Products and Tips
Replies