• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Customers Rather Shopping on Ebay or Amazon

In summary, the author is struggling to get bookings and sales from their business. They've run into this situation where people say they will just buy it cheaper on eBay or Amazon. They suggest looking into the online training to help with overcoming shyness. They also suggest that people may be interested, but are not ready to make a commitment yet.
Shelbi
Hey! So I did a vendor booth at an elementary a couple weeks ago. Nothing. Which I was ok with as it turned out horrible all around hardly anyone came it was bad. But i ran into this a couple times and i have heard it before and I would like your opinions.... I had a couple people ask me about products and all was going well they really seemed to want the product and I though they were going to order but then at the end they blew me off saying they would just find it on ebay or amazon and probably get it cheaper. I have to admit I was a little shocked. I know there are pople selling pampered chef products on ebay and amazon and I did talk to them about hosting a party to get the items for free or at discount. Have any of you ran into this and how did you handle it?I have been struggling to progress with the business. I dont get many booking or sales. I am not very outgoing and am shy so maybe its just the way I approach things?

I've run into it a few times. I mention that it's not likely that they'll find exactly what they're looking for, since The Pampered Chef doesn't allow us to sell that way. And, I always remind people that anything they might be able to buy that way doesn't have the wonderful Pampered Chef warranty. Other than that, there's not much you can do or say. The Home Office does a fairly good job of policing that if it's consultants, but they can't stop everyone.

Thanks! I didnt think to mention the warranty. I have been pretty amazed how much new pampered chef stuff i have seen for sale on ebay and some on amazon.

I can't remember getting that comment- but I'm sure I've had people thinking that. I am always prepared with the warranty statement. To me it's huge. Pampered Chef does a great job standing behind they're products.

I've looked for PC stuff on Ebay just out of curiosity in the past, and most times it is regular price plus shipping, so they are not getting a deal on it. Or if it is free shipping many times I've seen the price higher than normal price. So, it's usually not a better deal and they don't get our guarantee if they don't like it.

Getting over the shyness, have you taken the online training? One thing that's highlighted several times is, you will hear a lot of "No" before you hear a "Yes". I think it helps to know it happens to everyone, and it's not just me/you.Since I don't know how you approach things, maybe you could mention something specific? If people say no, do you ask if they know anyone who would want to host? It takes someone who wants quite a few things to want to go to the trouble of hosting a party, I think.About buying on ebay/amazon, it just definitely is simpler & less expensive in time & money to buy one item from ebay. This is absolutely true, that most current catalog items can be gotten for cheaper. Even as JennyJennJen points out, if they are priced higher with free shipping, it is still usually less expensive than the PC website when you take into consideration tax + shipping minimum $7.25.The warranty is the only answer to this, especially if they are buying something with a lifetime guarantee (cookware, forged cutlery).Agree with Rae, PC tries to stop this, but they can't catch everyone. I get the most distressed when I see stuff for a new season before the season has started, so you know it's a director selling it.Then I get distressed at ebay seller kitchencache, who has been selling on ebay for years - all new in box stuff, with some consultant-only items now & then. I would hope PC bought at least one item from this seller to see the real name on the return address. But, if the ebay account is in somebody else's name, I guess PC can't catch them.Did anyone at the booth express interest, but isn't ready right now? That's how I got out of my family/friend circle, was vendor booths, and follow-up. So don't give up hope. It's a difficult time of year to get anyone to book, right now.

They can certainly look, and like the others, I tell them there is NO warranty (no matter what the vendor may say). But truthfully, I've looked at products on ebay and amazon a time or two, and they almost always are HIGHER in price than buying from PC directly. So they'll find out on their own. And truthfully, if that is the mentality of the client, you don't want to be bothered too much with them. I know that sounds terrible, but from those of us who have dealt with "that customer"....they'll know what I mean.Otherwise, I'm sorry the events didn't turn out like you wanted. They are a gamble...but sometimes you get that one or two and it pays off. Keep trying.

Hand out slips of paper with your QR code and your web site address. Tell them they can shop on line at your web site, just like Amazon or ebay, except they can qualify for the free item for that month and also their purchase will be receiving the wonderful Pampered Chef warranty and ebay and Amazon cannot provide that service.

1. How does the quality of products on Ebay or Amazon compare to those sold by Pampered Chef?

The quality of products on Ebay or Amazon can vary greatly, as they are sold by a variety of sellers. However, at Pampered Chef, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality, durable kitchen tools and cookware that are backed by our satisfaction guarantee.

2. Are there any discounts or promotions available on Ebay or Amazon for Pampered Chef products?

We cannot guarantee the authenticity or availability of any discounts or promotions for Pampered Chef products on Ebay or Amazon. The best way to ensure you are getting the best deal on our products is to purchase directly from a Pampered Chef consultant or our official website.

3. Can I earn host rewards or discounts if I purchase Pampered Chef products on Ebay or Amazon?

Unfortunately, purchases made on Ebay or Amazon do not qualify for our host rewards or discounts. These benefits are only available through a qualified Pampered Chef party or purchase through a consultant.

4. Is it safe to purchase Pampered Chef products on Ebay or Amazon?

We cannot guarantee the safety or authenticity of products purchased on Ebay or Amazon, as these platforms do not have the same quality control measures as Pampered Chef. To ensure you are getting genuine Pampered Chef products, it is best to purchase directly from a consultant or our official website.

5. Can I return or exchange Pampered Chef products purchased on Ebay or Amazon?

Returns and exchanges for Pampered Chef products purchased on Ebay or Amazon are subject to the policies of the individual seller. We recommend purchasing directly from a consultant or our website to ensure a smooth and hassle-free return or exchange process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies