• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are my brownies always coming out like rocks in the brownie pan?

In summary, the brownie pan is probably not calibrated correctly and the oven should be lowered by at least 20 degrees.
Brightknee
I’m at wit's end with the brownie pan! I have made brownies multiple times and EVERY SINGLE time they come out like rocks! I cook them according to the directions and check them closer to the end to make sure they are cooked all the way through. And I grease the pan and cook at 350 degrees and I just don't know what to do anymore

I have no words of wisdom for you, I've only used mine a handful of times. Any chance your oven runs hotter than the settings? Also, I'd suggest checking them sooner, if the toothpick (or whatever you are using) is clear, pull them out. And perhaps, if you haven't tried this yet, remove them from the pan right away (or after a 5 minutes cooling period). I know there are others out there who use this pan frequently -- thoughts, please.

Im willing to bet that your oven just gets hotter than its suppose to! Turn it down about 50° and check it about 15-20ish mins after putting brownies in oven. And check them every 5+/- until done! If takes forever bump your temp up about 8°-10° more.

Dark pans should always be 25 degrees cooler. I only cook 10-12 minutes.

You should get an oven thermometer and test your temperature first, then definitely drop by at least 25 degrees and cook a shorter amount of time untif you find what works for your oven. It is a great tool and people rave about it so keep trying!

If you google checking oven temperature there is a video on checking the setting of your oven and how to rebalance the setting.

Our oven cooks hot too - I lower by 20 degrees and always check it at the earliest possible baking time. My oven does mini muffins in just 6 minutes!

What are the dimensions of the brownie pan?

The brownie pan measures 9 inches by 9 inches and has a depth of 2 inches.

Is the brownie pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the brownie pan is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the lifespan of the pan.

Can the brownie pan be used for other baked goods?

Yes, the brownie pan can be used for a variety of baked goods such as cakes, bars, and even lasagna.

Does the brownie pan come with a non-stick coating?

Yes, the brownie pan has a non-stick coating for easy release of baked goods and easy clean up.

How many brownies can the pan make at once?

The brownie pan can make up to 12 brownies at once, depending on the size of the brownie slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chef131doreen