• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Booth @ Fair


Feb 23, 2006
I am planning on doing a booth at my city's Riverfest that they hold yearly during the Craft & Flea Market. I was looking over the information and the price for 2 days is awesome, and everyone who is anyone comes out to this event.

The problem is that they are asking for something that I don't have...

It's asking for a copy of my Illinois Sales Tax Certificate.
I don't have one and I have no clue on how to get one orif I even can. I'm thinking about asking HO about it, but before I did so, I wanted to know if anyone had something similar asked of them and how you got it.

Today after being down, I have been a busy little bee trying to get things in line for myself.
Last edited:


Senior Member
Gold Member
May 18, 2005
Don't have the answer...

Sorry, I don't know the answer, Carly, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you for picking yourself up and getting back on track. I read your other thread, and I'm so glad you're not giving up hope. Sometimes it just takes that one good lead to get you going.

Great job! You're an inspiration!


Kelley Sells

Feb 2, 2006

may want to call your town hall and let them know that you are an independent consultant for a larger company. You may be able to get something from HO, but typically that is just letting them know that you are able to sell in that state......definatly call the town hall first and verify and they may tell you to call the HO and get something from them.....


Oct 3, 2005
I know it's a little bit different but here in Hawaii you have to have a General Excise license to even be able to sell as a consultant. My hospitality director took care of getting me the packet to fill out. Maybe your director would know something about it or you could even ask the people in charge of the event, I'm sure they would be able to point you in the right direction.


Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I'm almost sure HO gives it to you:confused: . If you go to CC & go to manage business or something like that, they have a whole bunch of #s to call for legal stuff. I hope this helps.:)