• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clarifying Bookings and Host Specials for Catalog Shows and Fundraisers

If the host was booked from a catalog or cooking show within the last 6 months, they can purchase the monthly host special at the fund-raiser show.
ayalaa
I just hosted a Catalog Show and I have 3 bookings from it. But now that April is here the young lady who hosted the catalog show wants to purchase the host special. I tried to enter it in Pampered Partner and it would not recognize her as a past host on the new show that was booked from her's (which is a fundraiser). I am confused? Does this not work with Catalog shows? Or is it cause the booking is a fundrasier?

Just need some clarification...Thanks!:D

ayalaa said:
I just hosted a Catalog Show and I have 3 bookings from it. But now that April is here the young lady who hosted the catalog show wants to purchase the host special. I tried to enter it in Pampered Partner and it would not recognize her as a past host on the new show that was booked from her's (which is a fundraiser). I am confused? Does this not work with Catalog shows? Or is it cause the booking is a fundrasier?

Just because it is a catalog show shouldn't have anything to do with past host specials. Before you submitted her show did you say that the host was booking from herself within the next 6 months? I ALWAYS put down that my hosts are re-booking and I tell them that as well. They already know what goes into hosting a show or they can even show a book! :p

Make sure when you are adding her name (if she did re-book) that you put the past host discount number and you should be able to add the host special IF she was a booking!

HTH!!

I thought a fundraiser worked differentlyIf a host books from her own fundraiser, I do not believe there is a past host discount number assigned to the host. So she would not qualify for the monthly host special. The way to check is to go to Consultant's Corner, then Host Look up. Pick the state then key in your host's name. If it appears with the date of the fundraiser, I am wrong. If it does not appear, I was right. There is no past host discount given to fundraiser hosts.

I checked. I have three hosts who did Help Whip Cancer Fundraisers last May. They were NEVER assigned Past Host Discount numbers. Therefore they would not have qualified for ANY of the monthly host specials at shows booked from that fundraiser.
Sorry.

Last edited:
I just checked on PC website and she is a past host but on Pampered Partner I can not place a host order on the fundraiser that was booked off of her show. Very strange. Thanks for the input and advice, I appreciate it!

Did you enter her Past Host Discount number in Contact Management? That's probably why it won't let you.

Just because it is a catalog show shouldn't have anything to do with past host specials. Before you submitted her show did you say that the host was booking from herself within the next 6 months? I ALWAYS put down that my hosts are re-booking and I tell them that as well. They already know what goes into hosting a show or they can even show a book!

Kristi, can you explain what you mean here? Do they always have the 2nd show or is it so they can buy the host special? Thanks

ayalaa said:
I just checked on PC website and she is a past host but on Pampered Partner I can not place a host order on the fundraiser that was booked off of her show. Very strange. Thanks for the input and advice, I appreciate it!

Are you trying to enter a "host order" or a guest order. Your past host is now a guest and you must have her PHD# in her contact information. Once you enter the guest order, in the item # box enter the host special.

ayalaa said:

How long ago was the catalog show? Sounds pretty recent from your description, but just wanted to be sure. And the fundraiser is in April, correct? Hmm...

In Recipe for Success, it says, "If the fund-raiser was booked from a Cooking or Catalog Show, that past host can purchase the Monthly Host Special at the fund-raiser Show".

So you SHOULD be able to do it. Now if we can only figure out WHY you are having a problem.

I appreciate the advice, I really have no idea why it does not work. The catalog show was in March and the Fundraiser is the end of April. I will try to double check the bookings again and verify I did not miss something.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll keep you posted.

Andrea Martinez-Ayala
Perkasie, PA

When you entered the past host in as a guest did you look her up under your contacts? That's what I do because I enter the PHD right away under that person so it in PP.

Otherwise if you go to the "Special Shipping, Bookings, & More" tab, then go to "Pampered Chef Status" tab and make sure there is a check next to Past Host Discount Number AND enter the Past host discount number.

This is what it says in red right below that:
"*This number is required in order to apply 10% Past Host Discount and to allow the purchase of the Past Host Booking Benefit."

Maybe you want to make sure you have the correct past host discount number by looking it up again on CC.

Sk8Mom209 said:
Are you trying to enter a "host order" or a guest order. Your past host is now a guest and you must have her PHD# in her contact information. Once you enter the guest order, in the item # box enter the host special.

I also agree this could be the problem. Make sure you are entering her order as a guest order just like everyone else. She is now the guest.

1. How far in advance should I book a party?

It is recommended to book your party at least 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure availability and give your guests enough time to RSVP.

2. Can I book a party for a specific date and time?

Yes, you can request a specific date and time for your party. Our consultants will do their best to accommodate your preferred date and time.

3. How many guests should I invite to my party?

The average party size is between 10-15 guests, but you can invite as many or as few as you'd like. Keep in mind that the more guests you have, the more benefits and rewards you can earn.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a party?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free products and exclusive discounts based on the total sales from your party. The more sales, the more rewards you can earn.

5. Can I book a party if I don't have a large space to host it?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to work with all types of spaces, from small apartments to large houses. We can help you find the best setup for your party to ensure a fun and successful event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • topchef.heather
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
Replies