• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Bbq or Sweet & Saucy Meatballs

In summary, the Sweet & Saucy BBQ Meatballs recipe from the Easy Appetizer CB is a favorite of many, and the Grape Jelly or Jellied Cranberry sauce version is also popular. The Easy Appetizer CB recipe calls for frozen meatballs, which is a quick and easy appetizer. The recipe for the Sweet and Tangy BBQ Meatballs from the Pampered Chef is also easy and popular, and can be made with any BBQ sauce.
kam
Staff member
Sweet & Saucy Meatballs:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/American/Sweet+&+Saucy+Meatballs/37192
Sweet and Tangy BBQ Meatballs:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/Sweet+and+Tangy+BBQ+Meatballs/795220
BBQ Meatballs:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+&+Snacks/American/BBQ+Meatballs/9762Above are some links to pampered chef meatball recipes. I have never made any of them.At parties I always make the meatballs with Chili Sauce and either the Grape Jelly or Jellied Cranberry Sauce. I am looking for something a little different. I was wondering how different any of the above recipes are - or are they very similar to the Chili Sauce & Grape/Cranberry jelly version?I LOVE the Chili-Lime Meatballs from the Easy Appetizer CB - but just don't have the time to make them this time around.Thanks!

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question, but I wanted to chime in as I hoped you'd get a response. I too use the chili sauce/grape jelly recipe regularly, but wanted to do something new this weekend. Thanks in advance to anyone with experience in these recipes who can weigh in!

I have made the Sweet and Tangy BBQ meatballs at several parties, always to rave reviews. I had a past host call just today to tell me they were the first item gone at their Super bowl party. I too used to always use the chili sauce and jelly recipe, but I've put that aside for this one. Since they call for frozen meatballs they are also a fairly quick easy appetizer. Without fail I'm always asked for the recipe. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

ChefG said:
I have made the Sweet and Tangy BBQ meatballs at several parties, always to rave reviews. I had a past host call just today to tell me they were the first item gone at their Super bowl party. I too used to always use the chili sauce and jelly recipe, but I've put that aside for this one. Since they call for frozen meatballs they are also a fairly quick easy appetizer. Without fail I'm always asked for the recipe. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Thanks! I wanted something a little different - but didn't want to go through the add'l work/ingredients for the same taste (as the chili sauce/jelly recipe). So, this is good to know! Now I can't wait to try this!

Here's an awesome easy and simple, tangy sweet meatball recipe: 1 bottle Yoishida's Teriyaki sauce (we buy at Costco) but you could use the Pampered Chef one on the outlet right now and equal part Barbecue Sauce. We do the Costco one, but any BBQ sauce works. Add frozen meatballs, put it in a crockpot, heat about an hour and you're good to go!

scottcooks said:
Here's an awesome easy and simple, tangy sweet meatball recipe: 1 bottle Yoishida's Teriyaki sauce (we buy at Costco) but you could use the Pampered Chef one on the outlet right now and equal part Barbecue Sauce. We do the Costco one, but any BBQ sauce works. Add frozen meatballs, put it in a crockpot, heat about an hour and you're good to go!
Oh! That's great - and so easy! I will have to try it. I made meatballs for a work thing this past Monday and was going to do the PC Sweet & Tangy recipe - but it was just too many ingredients (and some that I didn't have) that it wasn't worth it. I will try it eventually, though.Your recipe would have been perfect!

1. How do I make the BBQ or Sweet & Saucy Meatballs?

To make the BBQ or Sweet & Saucy Meatballs, you will need to mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, and seasonings in a large bowl. Then, roll the mixture into small meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the meatballs in the oven at 375°F for 15-20 minutes. Once they are cooked, you can either toss them in your favorite BBQ sauce or a sweet and tangy sauce.

2. Can I use a different type of meat for these meatballs?

Yes, you can use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef for a healthier option. However, the cooking time may vary slightly, so be sure to check the internal temperature of the meatballs to ensure they are fully cooked.

3. Can I make these meatballs ahead of time?

Absolutely! You can make the meatballs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking. You can also freeze the cooked meatballs for future use. Just be sure to thaw them before reheating.

4. Is there a vegetarian option for these meatballs?

Yes, you can substitute the ground meat with cooked lentils or a mixture of cooked quinoa and black beans. The rest of the ingredients and cooking instructions remain the same.

5. Can I make these meatballs in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make these meatballs in a slow cooker. Simply place the cooked meatballs and your desired sauce in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. This is a great option for parties or potlucks as the meatballs will stay warm and can be easily served straight from the slow cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • Chefkelly88
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies