• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Advestering on Facebook

...sell any Pampered Chef® products - current or discontinued - through online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any other Web site......use chat rooms or e-mail newsgroups to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants about the business......mention, advertise, or promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants.
whiteyteresa
I am doing a vendor event on November 7th, and the lady in charge is letting people know that she is doing this event and she put on there that Pampered Chef will be a vendor there.

That is all she wrote.

That is okay right ? ? ?

She didn't mention me, my website, or even pc website.

Just wanted to make sure that was okay.

I think it is but needed to ask

:chef:

It should be okay.

I hate that we can't advertise on our Facebook profile (or other social networking site). I think that as long as it's private, who cares? You're advertising to your friends anyway. I don't have anywhere on my fb profile that I am a pc consultant, but I have so many friends and family who ask me questions or book shows through it that it's unavoidable that it's going to be known. So I think you're fine. Even if she did put your name, you didn't.

I think its fine!

That's fine, as long as you are not listed as the consultant.Many people have mentioned that "if it's private it doesn't matter" but that's not the case. HO has indicated that it is absolutely against the rules to say "I am a consultant" online, or to post PWS links.

chefann said:
That's fine, as long as you are not listed as the consultant.Many people have mentioned that "if it's private it doesn't matter" but that's not the case. HO has indicated that it is absolutely against the rules to say "I am a consultant" online, or to post PWS links.
Can you tell me where I can find this info on CC or in the Consultants guide? I belong to a couple of social networking sites like this one and I want to make sure i don't break any rules.Just reading the past couple of posts it doesn't seem to make sense that I can't say "I'm a consultant" when in fact I AM a consultant. And if I can't post my PWS how are people supposed to find it? i know that rules are rules so if that is what it says then fine but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

It's on pages 37 and 38 of the consultant policy guide.
Links to Your Personal Web Site
Consultants of every level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Personal Web Sites. This includes both sponsored links and banner ads that you pay for, as well as non-sponsored links that you don’t pay for. For instance, if a friend posts a link on their family’s Web site to your Personal Web Site, you would be in violation of this policy. Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.There are only two very specific exceptions to the linking policy.The first pertains to Fundraiser Shows. If you have a Fundraiser with an organization that wishes to post a link to your Personal Web Site on their Web site, you may
do so only with prior written approval from Consultant Career Solutions. Fundraiser links may only be active for 60 days. All other linking to your Personal Web Site is
strictly prohibited.The second exception pertains to personal electronic communications. You may continue to include your Personal Web Site address as part of your contact information or signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently available through your Personal Web Site and your personal e-mails to your customers. These communications may link to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic mail pieces that may be developed by our licensed merchandise vendor.The ban on linking also prohibits the following:
• Listing or linking your Personal Web Site in Internet directories or search engines, such as Google or Yahoo.
• Purchasing or using a separate domain name to re-direct visitors to your Personal Web Site.
• Linking to Consultant’s Corner from any Web site.
• Linking to The Pampered Chef® corporate Web site from any Web site.It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your Personal Web Site is not linked to any other Web site that violates these policies.
Additional Guidelines
Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.
You may not purchase lists for e-mail marketing purposes.
Spamming is not allowed.You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current or discontinued — through online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site.You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants.Other than through your Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site, you may not promote or advertise your business on any other Web site, Internet directory, search engine, etc. There are three very specific exceptions:
• Executive Directors and above may develop their own Web site to train their downlines. Executive Directors may not link to their Personal Web Site from their
training site.
• If you have a Fundraiser with an organization that wishes to post a link to your Personal Web Site on their Web site, you may do so only with prior written
approval from Consultant Career Solutions. Fundraiser links may only be active for 60 days. All other linking to your Personal Web Site is strictly prohibited.
• If a bridal fair, home expo or similar event sponsor offers you space on the sponsor’s Web site as part of your registration fee, you may list your name, appropriate
Pampered Chef® title, which must include the word “Independent,” your phone number and personal e-mail address. You may not include your Personal Web Site address anywhere on a sponsor’s Web site. Your contact information must be removed when the
fair is over.
Additionally, I sent a query to HO several months ago about a consultant-only group on Facebook. HO indicated to me that such a group was against policy because it amounted to an online list of consultants (the moderator of the group validated consultant status before allowing people to join, and the list of members was public within FB).

What about posting recipes for friends and family. I don't say anywhere that I'm a consultant, they already know I am.

That's a grey area. HO does give us recipes to share, but if you link to the corporate site or use pics from HO, that's a no-no.

Thanks chefann for copying the info. I could have looked it up but thanks. Also the facebook group you are talking about is still there, it is completely private until you are verified as a consultant. So the list of members isn't public. but that might not be the same group you are talking about.
And doesn't those rules make this group illegal? We aren't verified to be consultants, we sell things to each other all the time and anyone can see the posts even without membership.hmmm. well like i said rules are rules. Hopefully that will be something to change a bit since communication is becoming more and more electronic every day. It seems like the rules are very old fashioned so that we have to advertise ourselves by word of mouth and posting flyers and doing booths which is too bad because we could connect with soo many more people if we were allowed to do so online.
For example, I have family and friends all over the country and hardly any where I live. We don't email each other we use facebook and other chat rooms but according to the rules I can't advertise on facebook or even tell people I'm a consultant on facebook.

What is Facebook advertising?

Facebook advertising is the act of promoting a product or service on Facebook by creating an ad that appears on users' news feeds or in other designated areas on the platform.

How do I create a Facebook ad?

To create a Facebook ad, you can use the Ads Manager tool provided by Facebook. Simply log into your Facebook account, go to the Ads Manager, and follow the instructions to create your ad. You can choose your target audience, budget, and ad format.

How much does it cost to advertise on Facebook?

The cost of advertising on Facebook varies depending on your target audience, budget, and the type of ad you choose. You can set a daily or lifetime budget for your ad and only pay when someone clicks on or engages with your ad. The cost can range from a few dollars to hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Who can see my Facebook ad?

Your Facebook ad will be shown to users based on the target audience you have chosen. You can choose the age, location, interests, and other demographics of the users who will see your ad. Your ad may also be shown to users who have visited your website or interacted with your brand on Facebook.

How effective is Facebook advertising?

The effectiveness of Facebook advertising can vary depending on your target audience, ad content, and other factors. However, with over 2.7 billion monthly active users, Facebook has a large and diverse audience that can be reached with targeted ads. You can track the performance of your ads through the Ads Manager and make adjustments as needed to improve their effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • raebates