• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Buy a Gift for My Real Estate Agent When Purchasing a House?

In summary, don't give your realtor a gift. They get paid for their services, and thank you for using them.
acsbein
i am in the process of purchasing a house and i am wondering if anyone knows if i should get my agent a gift. also price range what is a good gift??? i was thinking of the Pizza Party set but i dont know if that is to much or not enough.....

guess i just dont know much today!

chelsey

IMHO, no, you don't get your agent a gift, THEY get you one. When we bought our first two homes our agent got us a bottle of wine. When we built this last one our builder got us a HUGE poinsetta plant. The agent is getting paid, he should be thanking YOU for your business. HE/SHE is just doing their job. JMO.

gosh i feel bad i feel like we drove her crazy we saw SOOOO MANY HOUSES!!!

LOL....and I'm sure you probably DID drive her crazy ;) LOL.... but then the next client she gets will choose the 2nd house they look out....it all balances out in the end. Maybe I"m wrong but that's how our purchases went. My DH also tried his hand at real estate for a couple of years and purchased gifts for his clients not the other way around.

Maybe someone else on here will give you a different opinion. But I'm also thinking we try to 'target' real estate offices so that agents can purchase gifts from us for their clients. So in this case.....the client is YOU! :D

Nope, they get a gift for you, though not every realtor does this. . .just the good ones. ;) We got a poinsetta when we bought our first house.

Spin it
acsbein said:
i am in the process of purchasing a house and i am wondering if anyone knows if i should get my agent a gift. also price range what is a good gift??? i was thinking of the Pizza Party set but i dont know if that is to much or not enough.....

guess i just dont know much today!

chelsey

Yes The realtor normally gives a gift BUT use this as advertising( write it off) and give her a SMALL basket with some PC pantry items ( use the sample ones) in there along with a letter Thanking her for her great job and then outline your business and what great items PC has to give to home buyers, and also ask her to share your info with her friends in the biz!. Never miss the opportunity to have a potential customer!

I like KristenAnne's idea... giving a small gift basket with samples of things, she will appreciate it, and it will be your foot in the door to ask to do a presentation at her office's weekly sales meeting.
My real estate lady got us a $50 gift certificate to Lowe's ...
If real estate agents got $50 worth from me each time they sold a house... ahhh... the new fall products would be mine!!

Giving her a small something is not a bad idea for business promoting purposes...but, she is getting paid for the work she did and for driving you around to see houses, it's her job! She needs to thank you for buying a house through her. Just like our guests don't give us gifts because we let them buy a product, it's our job to do it...we give them the gifts because they bought from us. I hope that makes sense.

I really like the idea of a small gift basket and hopefully drumming up business!!! Don't forget to run the numbers, though. Agents typically earn 3-6% of the house price. That will help if you start to feel guilty!

they earn that much of each house! i should go in to real estate instead of nursing, its a boomin business :)

I hate dealing with real estate agents (based on our experiences thus far). They get so much of your money. We just sold our house in Austin, TX and had to pay our agent almost $2000 for NOTHING!! Between him and the buyer's agent the sale had fallen through. The buyer called us personally and we were able to fix the deal. I don't feel like we owe either agent a penny. The buyers were our tennants so it's not like our agent had to find the buyer. It was very upsetting. The agent is going to make out with more money from the sale than we are. That is ridiculous!!

Just my little vent. I could go on about the agents we've had the last few years, but I know it is not PC related. So my opinion is they are making enough money just on the commission. But if you want to get your name out there a Season's Best with your info stamped inside is a nice inexpensive gift.

Question 1: Can I purchase a gift for someone else through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase a gift for someone else through Pampered Chef. We offer a variety of gift options including gift cards, gift certificates, and gift bundles that can be shipped directly to the recipient.

Question 2: How can I personalize a gift purchased from Pampered Chef?

You can personalize a gift purchased from Pampered Chef by adding a gift message during the checkout process. We also offer personalized gift options such as engraving on our products or adding a personalized note to the gift packaging.

Question 3: Can I have a gift shipped directly to the recipient?

Yes, you can have a gift shipped directly to the recipient. During the checkout process, you can enter the recipient's address as the shipping address and choose to add a gift message or personalized note.

Question 4: Do you offer gift wrapping services?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping services for an additional fee. You can select the gift wrapping option during the checkout process and we will wrap your gift in our signature Pampered Chef wrapping paper and add a personalized note.

Question 5: Can the recipient return or exchange a gift purchased from Pampered Chef?

Yes, the recipient can return or exchange a gift purchased from Pampered Chef. Our standard return and exchange policy applies to all gifts purchased from our website. The recipient can contact our customer service team for assistance with a return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Meigs
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DuchDi
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • mandalie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
2 3