1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Q about show outline

1. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

I'm not sure if this is in the right post.

I have a question. I am in my 4th month as a new consultant. I would like some input on how you do your cooking shows. Do you have an outline that you follow. For example, After all the intro's and thanking the host when do you do booking slide and the ticket game. Also when do you talk about the recipe and do your demo? At what point do you start wrapping things up and close your show?

Thank you
    Linda

Jun 6, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Just wondering how much info to throw at you. :D How many shows have you attended prior to becoming a consultant? How many have you done now as a consultant? Has your recruiter or director gone over this with you?

Do you happen to have a copy of the training DVD or the Cooking Shows in Action DVD? They have excellent examples there, basically showing you great shows from start to finish.

Do you have access to Consultant Corner? I think the cooking shows in action segments are also on there.

But to answer your question...here's what I typically do:

Welcome, thank the host, show the Season's Best that I'm giving her as a thank you...pass it around. (If it's an interactive show, I skip that and do it later)

Go over the recipe and do the demo

Then when the recipe is cooking or is done (depending on what it is), I will tell them what the specials are for guests and also the upcoming host specials. I tell them about Round Up for the Heart and how I will help them regarding the tax and everything at my full service check out. Then when they are eating, I do the booking slide (if they are eating, they won't be talking or busy writing on their orders, so they are more of a captive audience :D) I do a door prize drawing. And sometimes I'll do a drawing of a ticket (during my demo sometimes I give out tickets for those who participate and help me, or I give out tickets every time they say "got it, love it or love it...gotta get it." Then I tell them I'm here to help if they have any questions. I'll be cleaning up a bit, but feel free to grab me if you're ready to get checked out.

I've only done the ticket game for recruiting one time. I did it before the whole booking slide thing was promoted, so I just did my typical explanation of hosting benefits and then did the ticket game--all at the end when they were sitting down and eating/filling their forms.

Jun 6, 2009
  3. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

i would suggest to do whatever you are comfortable with. I have been doing Shows for over 2 years - so I am able to go-with-the-flow, KWIM?

You could do Introductions, Thank the Host, demo, and then wrap-up. I think they recommend to keep a show about 1 hour (give or take a few)....

You can PM me if you need more info. :)

Jun 10, 2009
  4. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

I just go with the flow...I bring lots of tools so I show a lot of stuff...I have had good comments and excellent sales by showing a lot of our products....Customers have told me that they sometimes go to shows and the only thing they do is watch the consultant do the recipe and eat. The appreciate to view, touch and try the products before buying. This alos saves time for me from sending products that don't satisfy the customer's needs when it arrives. I usually do a second recipe that I have also prepared somewhat ahead of time and sometimes bring along a potato to demo the UM, a lemon to zest and score, an apple to wedge and core, I like gadgets so I use them ans sell them....My shows usually last about 2 hours tho but customers sure enjoy themselves and even stay longer to chat, chat and chat some more among them....I have a ball and make money at the same time.

So bottom line: no outline followed...

Jun 10, 2009
Have something to add?