• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Renew My PWS or Let it Expire?

In summary, the business has been in a slump for a while, mainly because the owner hasn't had time to invest in it. The PWS for the business is up for renewal in the first week of September, and the owner is seriously considering dropping the business. The biggest issue the owner has is that he doesn't have the money to renew the PWS right now. The owner does have a Facebook page which is accessible to anyone, even if they don't have a Facebook account. The owner doesn't know what his business plans are,
NooraK
Gold Member
So my business has been in a slump for a while, mainly because I haven't had time to invest in it. My PWS is up for renewal in the first week of September, and I'm seriously considering dropping it.

I've received one online order in the last 90 days for $28.00.

In the last 12 months I've had 13 shows, six of which had online orders. Three of those had eight and nine orders each, the next closest is 4.

The biggest issue I have is that I don't have all of the money to pay for it right now. I have tried to make a habit of putting a small amount of each commission aside for supplies and expenses, though I haven't been the best at doing that consistently. Right now I have about $50, and 6 months of the website would be $66. That means I would have to dip into non-PC money to pay for the site.

I don't see my business picking up soon, unless DH suddenly gets a new job. I just hate to have all this stuff out there with my website address, and it not be valid.

I have a fairly unique enough name/PWS address that I'm not worried about it being snatched up by someone else, so if I were to reactivate the site, the info would be up to date again.

Opinions, please?

I would find the $16. I don't get as much traffic on mine as I would like but in this day an age I feel a web presence is a must. JMHO

I didn't think that you could get the same name again later. Didn't folks run into that problem when they came back and tried to take their old URL name?

What are your long term plans for your business? Do you plan on sticking with PC...if yes, I would keep it.

I knew I was phasing my business out - so that is why I got rid of mine. And, I also did not feel like I got a lot of traffic/use.

BUT, I don't believe your customers can order outlet items from YOU if you get rid of it. And it was a pain to remove the web address from all my material.

It was also nice to direct hosts/guests to my website (with instructions) on how to order for their show. Not many did, but the option was there.

Now, I have people say "Oh, I'll just look online" and I have to make sure they don't order online.

Not sure (since I don't have one) but aren't there newsletter features associated with the PWS now? That would be a bonus, too.

Good Luck!

BethCooks4U said:
I would find the $16. I don't get as much traffic on mine as I would like but in this day an age I feel a web presence is a must. JMHO

I would still have my Facebook page, which is accessible to anyone, even if they don't have a FB account.

esavvymom said:
I didn't think that you could get the same name again later. Didn't folks run into that problem when they came back and tried to take their old URL name?

I only remember of one such issue, and it had to do with a PWS address that included "your" in the title and had been grandfathered in before the rules about names took effect. I suppose I could call tech support...

kam said:
What are your long term plans for your business? Do you plan on sticking with PC...if yes, I would keep it.

I knew I was phasing my business out - so that is why I got rid of mine. And, I also did not feel like I got a lot of traffic/use.

BUT, I don't believe your customers can order outlet items from YOU if you get rid of it. And it was a pain to remove the web address from all my material.

It was also nice to direct hosts/guests to my website (with instructions) on how to order for their show. Not many did, but the option was there.

Now, I have people say "Oh, I'll just look online" and I have to make sure they don't order online.

Not sure (since I don't have one) but aren't there newsletter features associated with the PWS now? That would be a bonus, too.

Good Luck!

I don't know what my busines plans are. I really would like to keep it going, but I don't know how long it will take my family to get to a place where I can do that.

You're right about the outlet stuff, I forgot about that...

Yes, there's the danger of them ordering from the .com site and getting routed to the lead system, but I've had that happen even with the PWS.

I don't use the HO newsletter, so that's not a sticking point with me. I wouldn't have access to the customer connection emails either, but I suppose I could make do without.

Well, it's fall....with the Christmas shopping season coming I sure wouldn't let it go....

Nanisu said:
Well, it's fall....with the Christmas shopping season coming I sure wouldn't let it go....

Good point!

I vote for doing the 6-month renewal. You can reevaluate at that point, which will be after the best part of the year (good point Nancy!). Just pay yourself back the $16 out of your next commission.

I'd say find the extra $16 to renew, then make a point of utilizing it! Be sure you're signed up to send out the newsletter, you'll get warm call reports telling you who's looking at it. Use your facebook page to set up facebook parties, directing them to your website to shop online. If you can't get out and about to do cooking shows, then utilize the website to set up catalog parties.

It is a waste of money if you don't do anything with it. But it will pay for itself and then some if do.

1. What is "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?"

"Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" is a decision-making tool that helps individuals evaluate whether or not they should keep a particular item in their possession. It is designed to assist with decluttering and organizing, and can be used for physical items as well as digital files.

2. How does "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" work?

The tool presents a series of questions related to the item in question, such as its usefulness, sentimental value, and frequency of use. Based on the user's answers, it calculates a score that indicates whether the item should be kept or not. It also offers suggestions for alternative solutions, such as donation or digitization.

3. Is "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" free to use?

Yes, "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" is completely free to use. It is a web-based tool that can be accessed from any device with internet connection.

4. Can "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" be used for any type of item?

Yes, "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" can be used for any type of item, whether it is a physical object or a digital file. The questions are designed to be applicable to a wide range of items, but users can also customize the questions to fit their specific needs.

5. How can "Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" help with decluttering and organizing?

"Pws Dilemma - Keep It or Not?" can assist with decluttering and organizing by providing a systematic approach to evaluating possessions. It helps users make more objective decisions and avoid holding onto items out of guilt or fear of letting go. The tool also offers suggestions for decluttering strategies, such as the "one in, one out" rule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristanmary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennifer E
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chesse