• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Applying Window Decals: Avoiding Mistakes and Maximizing Impact

Mine has a removable backing so I can put it on any window. :)Use a Nylon Pan Scraper!!!!Use a Nylon Pan Scraper!!!!Or better yet, I'll have my car-detailing pro of a husband use the nylon pan scraper!:DI'm certain mine had instructions--clean window, not less that 40 F, etc.does anyone have the big one with contact info on a vehicle that isn't a mini-van? i don't think i have a window i can put it on! Doesn't it have to be on a window that doesn't roll down?Yes, the instructions are on the back of the sticker. The decal does not need to be on a
babywings76
Gold Member
I just bought 3 of the Merrill Pampered Chef decals. I didn't order one with contact info, it's just the name and catch phrase "Discover the Chef in You". I'm thinking of ordering other lettering somewhere else to just spell out my website.

So, I'm nervous I'm going to mess these up. Are there any tricks that I should know about putting these on?

Just follow the instructions to the letter. You'll be fine.

Does anyone know if these work well with tinted windows?

I want to put them on the side windows of my Vue, and they have a slight tint to them. I was wondering if decals will show up okay, or if it isn't worth it to bother?

Becky, they go on the outside (at least the ones I bought did) and the writing is in white, so it should be fine.

Yes, the decals go on the outside of the windows & with tint I think they "stand out" more.

My windows are tinted and they show up beautifully.

I have a question about the decals...I had a friend who sells real estate tell me that if I put a decal in my van window I needed to report it to our insurance company and that it would change/increase our rates. Anybody familiar w/ any rules on this? Also, what kind of "success" rates have any of you had w/ using the decals?
Thanks!
Jenn

I'm pretty sure it depends on your state and your insurance carrier. It would probably be a good idea to check with your agent.

JMT said:
I have a question about the decals...I had a friend who sells real estate tell me that if I put a decal in my van window I needed to report it to our insurance company and that it would change/increase our rates. Anybody familiar w/ any rules on this? Also, what kind of "success" rates have any of you had w/ using the decals?
Thanks!
Jenn
Yes, that could be true - it varies from state to state.

Here in MI, if you have any personal info on the decal, it does change your insurance from personal to business, and there is a substantial rate increase.

I'm thinking I'm just going to get the decals that don't include my name or contact info.

That's what I've got. I sometimes get stopped in parking lots with info requests.

raebates said:
Just follow the instructions to the letter. You'll be fine.

They were supposed to come with directions? My decals didn't come with any instructions, so I just kind of winged it. I had some air bubbles in it and would try to lift it and try again. I use a flat craft stick and worked from the center out pressing firm to smooth out air bubbles, but I still ended up with some small ones. I'm afraid they won't hold up well over time. I don't know. I'm new at this, maybe they'll be okay. They look good overall. It's just when you are up close to the car you can see the bubbles. :(

babywings76 said:
They were supposed to come with directions? My decals didn't come with any instructions, so I just kind of winged it. I had some air bubbles in it and would try to lift it and try again. I use a flat craft stick and worked from the center out pressing firm to smooth out air bubbles, but I still ended up with some small ones. I'm afraid they won't hold up well over time. I don't know. I'm new at this, maybe they'll be okay. They look good overall. It's just when you are up close to the car you can see the bubbles. :(

Use a Nylon Pan Scraper!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Use a Nylon Pan Scraper!!!!

Or better yet, I'll have my car-detailing pro of a husband use the nylon pan scraper!:D

I'm certain mine had instructions--clean window, not less that 40 F, etc.

does anyone have the big one with contact info on a vehicle that isn't a mini-van? i don't think i have a window i can put it on! Doesn't it have to be on a window that doesn't roll down?

I have a chev pickup truck... I have a large pc logo ,my name , phone and web site all listed on the back window:sing:

I have the big one on the back window of my chevy malibu and it looks awesome. I was worried about the winter and how it would hold up to the snow/ice but I of course never scraped my window just let the defroster do all the work and it's still holding up :)

1. How do I properly clean the surface before applying the window decal?

Before applying the window decal, it is important to clean the surface with a mild soap and water solution. This will ensure that there is no dirt, dust, or residue that could prevent the decal from adhering properly.

2. Can I apply the window decal on a tinted window?

Yes, our window decals can be applied on tinted windows. However, please note that the colors may appear slightly different on a tinted window compared to a clear window.

3. How do I remove air bubbles from the window decal?

If you notice air bubbles after applying the window decal, you can use a credit card or squeegee to gently push the bubbles towards the edge of the decal. If the bubbles persist, you can also use a small pin to prick the bubble and smooth out the decal.

4. Can I reuse the window decal on a different surface?

No, our window decals are designed for one-time use only. If you attempt to remove and reapply the decal, it may not adhere properly and could result in damage to the decal or the surface.

5. How long will the window decal last?

The lifespan of the window decal will vary depending on the placement and exposure to elements such as sun and rain. Typically, our decals can last for 2-3 years when applied on a clean, smooth surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ameliasurf
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ameliasurf
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rchamelin