1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Putting window decals on

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I just bought 3 of the Merrill Pampered Chef decals. I didn't order one with contact info, it's just the name and catch phrase "Discover the Chef in You". I'm thinking of ordering other lettering somewhere else to just spell out my website.

So, I'm nervous I'm going to mess these up. Are there any tricks that I should know about putting these on?

Mar 30, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Just follow the instructions to the letter. You'll be fine.

Mar 30, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Does anyone know if these work well with tinted windows?

I want to put them on the side windows of my Vue, and they have a slight tint to them. I was wondering if decals will show up okay, or if it isn't worth it to bother?

Mar 30, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Becky, they go on the outside (at least the ones I bought did) and the writing is in white, so it should be fine.

Mar 30, 2009
  5. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

Yes, the decals go on the outside of the windows & with tint I think they "stand out" more.

Mar 30, 2009
  6. raebates

My windows are tinted and they show up beautifully.

Mar 30, 2009
  7. JMT

JMT Member

I have a question about the decals...I had a friend who sells real estate tell me that if I put a decal in my van window I needed to report it to our insurance company and that it would change/increase our rates. Anybody familiar w/ any rules on this? Also, what kind of "success" rates have any of you had w/ using the decals?
    Thanks!
    Jenn

Mar 30, 2009
  8. raebates

I'm pretty sure it depends on your state and your insurance carrier. It would probably be a good idea to check with your agent.

Mar 30, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

Yes, that could be true - it varies from state to state.

Here in MI, if you have any personal info on the decal, it does change your insurance from personal to business, and there is a substantial rate increase.

I'm thinking I'm just going to get the decals that don't include my name or contact info.

Mar 30, 2009
  10. raebates

That's what I've got. I sometimes get stopped in parking lots with info requests.

Mar 30, 2009
  11. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

They were supposed to come with directions? My decals didn't come with any instructions, so I just kind of winged it. I had some air bubbles in it and would try to lift it and try again. I use a flat craft stick and worked from the center out pressing firm to smooth out air bubbles, but I still ended up with some small ones. I'm afraid they won't hold up well over time. I don't know. I'm new at this, maybe they'll be okay. They look good overall. It's just when you are up close to the car you can see the bubbles. :(

Mar 30, 2009
  12. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Use a Nylon Pan Scraper!!!!

Mar 30, 2009
  13. ChefBeckyD

Or better yet, I'll have my car-detailing pro of a husband use the nylon pan scraper!:D

Mar 30, 2009
  14. raebates

I'm certain mine had instructions--clean window, not less that 40 F, etc.

Mar 30, 2009
  15. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

does anyone have the big one with contact info on a vehicle that isn't a mini-van? i don't think i have a window i can put it on! Doesn't it have to be on a window that doesn't roll down?

Apr 5, 2009
  16. whitetiger

whitetiger Member Gold Member

I have a chev pickup truck... I have a large pc logo ,my name , phone and web site all listed on the back window:sing:

Apr 5, 2009
  17. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I have the big one on the back window of my chevy malibu and it looks awesome. I was worried about the winter and how it would hold up to the snow/ice but I of course never scraped my window just let the defroster do all the work and it's still holding up :)

Apr 5, 2009
Have something to add?