• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Putting Lipstick on Your Pig...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of favorite shades and brands of lipstick. Some individuals express their dislike for lipstick and prefer tinted chapstick, while others mention their favorite brands and shades such as MAC, Lancome, Burt's Bees, and Revlon. The conversation also includes personal preferences and experiences with lipstick, such as using it for important events or daily routines.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Okay...this thread has nothing to do with a pig but I thought it was funny :) I'm sure KG will find us a picture soon enough!

In light of today's headlines I thought I'd ask the question...what is your favorite shade/brand of lipstick?

Personally, I hate lipstick! My recruiter used to buy us each an Estee Lauder lipstick as a pillow present for conference. After 3 years I had to tell her I was still using the FIRST one she gave me!

I prefer Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. It's like a tinted chapstick so I don't have that waxy, lipstick feel on my lips. Current colors in my purse...papaya and watermelon.

OOh I like those too - Rhubarb is my fave. It has just enough color.

I personally like lipgloss:)

Oh my gosh! I LOVE lipstick! If I even had to play Survivor...that would be the one thing I would have to bring. My bible I can memorize...my lipstick I need.

My favorite brand is MAC and Lancome. I love Mac's color "O" and I love Lancome's color Cloquette and Platinum...oh and Clinque I love their lipstick, too!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Okay...this thread has nothing to do with a pig but I thought it was funny :) I'm sure KG will find us a picture soon enough!

In light of today's headlines I thought I'd ask the question...what is your favorite shade/brand of lipstick?

Personally, I hate lipstick! My recruiter used to buy us each an Estee Lauder lipstick as a pillow present for conference. After 3 years I had to tell her I was still using the FIRST one she gave me! I prefer Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. It's like a tinted chapstick so I don't have that waxy, lipstick feel on my lips. Current colors in my purse...papaya and watermelon.

Feel free to mail the others to me! LOL I LOVE lipstick! It's sooo Purty (by the way, don't mind me...my back went out again and I finally broke down and took half a percocet- so I'm feeling groovy)

Loving the Buxom Lips from Bare Escentuals at this sec. Can't read the name, darn too tiny print on the bottom. Some favs.. Clinique black honey, Mac O, Hermes Red (pricy but a GREAT red), Paula Dorf Gilda (a great pink brown basic and a fundraiser to boot), Bobbi Brown slim gloss sticks in sunkissed (another limited edition but a great basic color for a nude lip. There are more, that's a start for me.

Great thread!

I am over 40 and still do not wear lipstick!! :)

My mom always asks when I am going to grow up and start using lipstick! lol!

I am a CHAPSTICK girl! Ever since 5th grade - addicted to the stuff.

I wore lipstick for my wedding. About twice a year, I will wear lip gloss.

GeorgiaPeach said:

Personally, I hate lipstick! My recruiter used to buy us each an Estee Lauder lipstick as a pillow present for conference. After 3 years I had to tell her I was still using the FIRST one she gave me!

I prefer Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. It's like a tinted chapstick so I don't have that waxy, lipstick feel on my lips. Current colors in my purse...papaya and watermelon.

Ohhh - I love this stuff! At Christmas, DH put in my stocking a Burts Bees Compact with 3 of them in it. Right now I have Nutmeg, Rhubarb, and Watermelon....and I also have a clear shimmer. It's all I ever wear in the lipstick department!

I have laughed over that "lipstick on the pig" line all day.....has KG responded to that yet? I do not leave the house without my lipstick!!!! I look completely washed out without it - I like the Cover Girl kind that last all day (I am not at home and drawing a complete blank on the real name)....I've heard alot of girl say it dries out their lips but I've never had a problem with that as long as I use the gloss that comes with it over top. The Revlon brand is very good too. I just love the fact that they truly last all day without reapplying. I have dark brown, almost black hair and wear alot of plum or brownish-red shades.

I quit wearing lipstick on a regular basis after I had my boys (not really sure why), but I used to not be able to leave my house without eyeshadow and lipstick on. I am obsessive about lip balm though (I truly think I'm addicted - and Burt's Bees is the ONLY one I love).
If I'm going out, I wear Revlon Color stay and here is my routine, lip balm, Revlon Colorstay lip liner all over and then Colorstay lipstick on top of that. Color stays on for HOURS and is not waxy (maybe a little matte though, but I can't stand tasting lipstick so I'll take matte).

too much information??? sorry:D

Currently I'm into CO Bigelow's Vitamin Mentha Tinted Lip Balm. They're available at Bath & Body Works. There are only a couple of tints available around here. Like the Burt's Bees balm, it's really light. Plus, the mint makes my lips tingle a bit. I like to wear it over Stainiac Hint of Tint in Beauty Queen. It truly stains your lips so it doesn't wear off easily, even with as much as I talk.

I didn't start wearing lipstick until after i was 40. I love it. Don'tknow why I waited so long. I love Nicole Miller Pink sorbet, and Bronzelite. Right now I am wearing Cilinic, it is my favorite and doesn't dry out my lips.

I'm am compulsive shopper, and one thing compulsive shoppers tend to buy is cosmetics. I have more lipsticks around the house and in various purses than I care to admit to. But since I stopped working FT, I haven't worn them often.My current fave is Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Shine That Pink. I have a couple of the all-day 2-part lipsticks, too, but I find that even with the gloss on top they dry out and make my lips a funny texture.

For those of us in the 40 and over crowd....I'm one of those who has never worn lipstick either. I've tried, and have all of the once and twice used tubes to prove it. Just could never get into it.

Then - I also went through the stage of helping out my friends who do skincare/cosmetics direct sales....and thinking I would use the lipstick I'd buy from them....but that didn't work either. I still didn't use it.

I do love my Burts Bees though. I think one reason I love it is because I don't need a mirror to put it on, and I can just slick it over my lips as I am getting out of the car, etc....

Kacey, honey, if I find any unopened tubes lying around - I'll send them your way!

lipstickpig.jpg

Hey, Janet, how'd you get a picture of me getting ready in the morning?

ditto what Lisa said.... AWESOME, Janet!

raebates said:
Hey, Janet, how'd you get a picture of me getting ready in the morning?

Don't know - didn't recognize you without the flip-flops. :D:rolleyes:

Cindy, I love that Cover Girl one too!

Funny thing, my Mom was a Mary Kay consultant, and even when I was in HS and when I became a Mom, she'd always say "can you at least put on some lip color??" I've never worn much make up anyway but she used to always say "lip color gives your face LIFE"
She passed away August 2005 but when I put on lipstick (and I try to wear it everyday) I think of my Momma!!

Thanks for the fond memories today Lisa!

Tammy

ChefBeckyD said:
I do love my Burts Bees though. I think one reason I love it is because I don't need a mirror to put it on, and I can just slick it over my lips as I am getting out of the car, etc....

Ha! Maybe that is why I don't like lipstick :) I need a mirror to put it on.

My funny lipstick story....my mom has worn "Naked Pink" my entire life. One day when I was in college I dropped by her classroom (she taught special education at an elementary school). I had tried her lipstick and when I walked in the room the kids started yelling "Mrs. Miracle, she has your lipstick on!!" It was SO funny!

I like Lorac lipgloss.

Well, I just got the info on the contents of my House Party package and I'm getting all kinds of Maybelline Lipstick!! I'm so excited! I don't really wear lipstick, but I still like it! LOL...especially if it's free.

I only wear my CS slippers for special occasions. Here I am in my normal slippers. Of course, this is before I've put myself together and before I've injested my morning coffee.
EarlyMorningMe.jpg

Don't you just love that girl/guy above? I sure felt that way this morning.

I rarely wear lipstick. I have a couple of Mary Kay ones I use when I go to church or a Show or an interview. Otherwise, my lips are naked...

Love, love, love my Burt's Bees...have Watermelon, Champagne, Merlot, Guava, Rhubarb...I love that minty tingle it gives you! :) But I really don't use lipstick as often any more.

ETA-www.burtsbees.com

In all honesty, I'm a morning person and wake up fairly perky. However, I love the picture and often tell people it's me first thing in the morning.

janetupnorth said:

Where'd ya get the pic of my first wife?

Cindy, it's #157 in the other thread.

:DTres harsh, KG! Surely she didn't start out that way or you wouldn't have given her a second glance...much less married her!

Sometimes actions speak louder than appearances.And it's okay. She speaks highly of me, too.

Leave it to KG to get in on a lipstick thread.:p

I wear lipstick on occasion... I didn't wear it much before 40 either. I find that most make my lips dry and even the all day stuff doesn't last on me at all. But I have to say that my lips feel better all day if I start with the Mary Kay lipstick so I have been more regular with that since I started wearing it. My color is pretty neutral although my DH always wants me to wear "hooker red". I'm serious!

I was invited back on Page 1.
splitform.gif
Well, sort of, anyway.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I was invited back on Page 1.

splitform.gif

Well, sort of, anyway.

You know you are always invited on any thread.

Well, sort of, anyway.
splitform.gif

I use the revlon version of the all day lipcolor. I stay with that because I HAAAAAATE the taste of lipstick... and once the revlon color dries, thats it, it lasts and lasts and NO taste - not even the gloss! ... oh and I hate having lipstick marks on my wineglass too... for some reason it grosses ME out!...

Laura420 said:
... oh and I hate having lipstick marks on my wineglass too... for some reason it grosses ME out!...

Tip of the day: lick your glass before you drink from it, and you won't leave lipstick prints.

chefann said:
Tip of the day: lick your glass before you drink from it, and you won't leave lipstick prints.

Ann, You rock!! I will have to remember this tip!! I HATE wearing lipstick b/c it is off w/in an hour and I dont like to have to reapply.

I am going to look into the Burt's Bees lip shimmers now. I use their regular chapstick everyday and now I will have to try this all out!!

Awesome thread!!

I wear lipstick all the time when out and about. I almost always put in on while driving down the street. Don't tell anyone. I've been doing it for years (at least 16) and have never had an accident.

I am one of those over 40 who never wear lipstick! My sisters made me wear it when I got married. I have tried a few times since them but still don't like it! I end up using lipstick to leave messages on the mirror so the family can't miss them!!

As I stated earlier... love the stuff. It really makes a difference when I put it on.

Another fav.. Nars Dolce Vita.. totally forgot about that, but love it.

1. What is the best way to apply lipstick for a smooth finish?

The best way to apply lipstick is to start with a clean and moisturized lips. Then, use a lip liner to outline your lips and fill them in with the same liner. This will create a base for your lipstick to adhere to and help prevent smudging. Next, apply your lipstick using a lip brush for more precision or directly from the tube for a more dramatic look. Blot your lips with a tissue and reapply another layer for longer lasting color.

2. How do I choose the right shade of lipstick for my skin tone?

When choosing a lipstick color, consider your skin tone and undertone. If you have warm undertones, go for shades with orange, peach, or coral tones. If you have cool undertones, opt for shades with blue, pink, or purple tones. Also, take into account your hair and eye color. Darker hair and eyes tend to look best with deeper or bolder shades, while lighter hair and eyes pair well with softer or lighter shades.

3. How can I make my lipstick last longer?

To make your lipstick last longer, start with a lip primer or a dab of concealer on your lips. This will create a smooth base for your lipstick to adhere to. Next, apply your lipstick and blot with a tissue. Apply a second layer and then dust on a light layer of translucent powder to set the color. You can also use a lip liner to fill in your lips before applying lipstick to help it stay in place.

4. What is the difference between matte and glossy lipstick?

The main difference between matte and glossy lipstick is the finish. Matte lipstick has a flat, velvety finish with no shine, while glossy lipstick has a shiny and reflective finish. Matte lipstick tends to have a longer wear time, but can be drying on the lips. Glossy lipstick is more hydrating, but may require more frequent touch-ups. The choice between matte and glossy ultimately depends on personal preference and the look you are trying to achieve.

5. Is there a way to wear bold lipstick without it looking too overwhelming?

Yes, there are a few ways to wear bold lipstick without it looking too overwhelming. First, choose a lipstick with a satin or creamy finish, rather than a matte finish, as it will be more forgiving on the lips. You can also pair a bold lipstick with a more neutral eye makeup look to balance out the overall look. Lastly, apply the lipstick with a light hand and build up the color gradually to find the perfect intensity for your desired look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies