• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fabulously Fantastic Cookies - Recipe & Tips

In summary, these cookies are fantastic and can be made ahead of time. A medium scoop is recommended for the dough, but using a flat spatula dipped in water is a helpful alternative for flattening the cookies. The icing can be made in advance and should be piped at slightly above room temperature. It is important to let the cookies cool completely before icing and to be generous with the icing. Using a fork to dip the cookies and tapping off excess icing works well. The recipe can be doubled and extra dough can be used for plain cookies. Overall, this is a great instructable and the cookies are a hit with families.
Dotty
Gold Member
These were fantastic! I planned on making them over Christmas and finally made them a few weeks ago. I forgot to post about how Fabulously Fantastic they are!!

Anyhow, tips on making them, Medium scoop worked great for the dough but I had a tough time flattening them with the back of the scoop as directed. I didn't flatten them at all which turned out fine, but I would suggest dipping a flat spatula in water and using the back to flatten each cookie. The cookies do not spread much, if at all, so you can pack them in pretty close on a cookie sheet. I used the new stoneware cookie sheet which worked great!

Icing - I actually made it months in advance.. it keeps very well refrigerated or frozen as long as it is tightly sealed. I recommend piping it at a temp slightly above room temp. I nuked it for a few seconds in the microwave, piped it, let it cool for a while on the table, then pushed on the second cookie. Once I had a tray full (working quickly), I put the whole tray in the freezer to set.

My husband's recommendation is to be generous with the icing. :)

I would also add that it is really important to let the cookies cool completely before icing. If you don't, the icing melts into the cookie and isn't as visually appealing. Enjoy!

He also recommends using a fork to dip the cookie into the icing, then gently tapping the cookie on the side of the bowl to remove excess icing. I made a double batch and used a full batch of icing and it was perfect. I used the rest of the dough to make a few plain cookies for my 2 year old to decorate with sprinkles. He loved it!I am very pleased with the recipe and will certainly make these again! Thank you for the great instructable!These sound great! Thanks for the tips and suggestions on making them, and for sharing your husband's recommendations as well. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed them! :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Fabulously Fantastic Cookies?

To make these delicious cookies, you will need 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of unsalted butter, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 2 cups of your choice of mix-ins (such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit).

2. Can I use gluten-free flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to use one that is specifically made for baking cookies.

3. How long should I chill the dough before baking?

We recommend chilling the dough for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours. This will help the cookies hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much while baking.

4. Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use?

Absolutely! The cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to use, simply thaw the dough in the refrigerator before baking.

5. How do I know when the cookies are done baking?

The cookies are done when the edges are lightly golden and the center is still slightly soft. The cookies will continue to cook as they cool on the baking sheet, so be careful not to overbake them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
keynibear
  • leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies