• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Korintje Cinnamon for a Pumpkin Spice Cake: Help Needed!

In summary, for a standard 9-inch pumpkin spice cake, 1-2 teaspoons of Korintje Cinnamon is recommended, depending on personal preference. It is best to use Korintje Cinnamon for its bold and rich flavor, but other types of cinnamon can be substituted. No adjustments need to be made if using Korintje Cinnamon with other spices in a recipe. It can also be used in various types of cakes and should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for optimal freshness.
winklermom
I'm making a pumpkin spice cake in the fluted stone tomorrow. I've got the recipe but I thought I had read somewhere to add Korintje Cinnamon but I'm not sure how much and I can't seem to find that particular recipe now. Has anyone used any with this cake and how much do you suggest I use? Or should I just leave it out altogether?

The recipe I have says 1/2 tsp of the Cinnamon Plus- so I'd do about that at least.

esavvymom said:
The recipe I have says 1/2 tsp of the Cinnamon Plus- so I'd do about that at least.

I don't currently have any Cinnamon Plus...is there something else I can use? There are a few recipes that don't call for anything but I'm sure I saw one somewhere that used something else. Perhaps it was Cinnamon Plus and not the Korintje Cinnamon.

If you don't have the Cinnamon Plus (which would be a terrible thing to have happen - I LOVE that stuff!) then just use the Korintje Cinnamon. But I would only use 1/2 - 1 tsp so as not to make it too strong since it doesn't have the other spices in it. It will be great!

Sorry- that's what I meant- to just use the regular cinnamon you have.

Thanks, y'all! I'll try to think to post how it turns out sometime tomorrow. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

1. How much Korintje Cinnamon should I use for a pumpkin spice cake?

For a standard 9-inch cake, we recommend using 1-2 teaspoons of Korintje Cinnamon, depending on your personal preference for spiciness. You can always add more for a stronger cinnamon flavor.

2. Can I substitute Korintje Cinnamon with another type of cinnamon?

While you can technically use any type of cinnamon for your pumpkin spice cake, we highly recommend using Korintje Cinnamon for its bold and rich flavor. Other types of cinnamon may result in a weaker or different taste.

3. Do I need to adjust the other spices if I use Korintje Cinnamon?

If you are following a recipe that already calls for other spices such as nutmeg or ginger, you do not need to make any adjustments. Korintje Cinnamon pairs well with these spices and will enhance the overall flavor of your pumpkin spice cake.

4. Can I use Korintje Cinnamon for any other types of cakes?

Absolutely! Korintje Cinnamon is a versatile spice that can be used in various baked goods such as apple pie, banana bread, and even chocolate cake. It adds a warm and comforting flavor to any dessert.

5. How should I store my Korintje Cinnamon for future use?

To maintain the freshness and flavor of your Korintje Cinnamon, we recommend storing it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing it near any heat sources or in direct sunlight. It should last for several months if stored properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • pchockeymom