• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for the Perfect Pumpkin Roll Recipe

In summary, the conversation began with a guest asking for the pumpkin roll recipe and not being able to find it in the CC Recipes or through a Files Search. Another member suggested it may be in one of the old stoneware cookbooks, specifically Stoneware Sensations or More Stoneware Sensations. However, after checking, it was found that these cookbooks did not have the recipe for pumpkin roll but did have a similar recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares. Another member mentioned a Harvest Pumpkin Cake Roll in SB Fall/Winter 1999. The conversation then turned to what to do when a guest wants a recipe that is discontinued and someone suggested looking it up on Allrecipes.com. The conversation then shifted to discussing the pumpkin recipes
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Hi,

Had a guest ask what cookbook has the "pumpkin roll" Recipe. I could not find it in the Recipes on CC nor in a Files Search. Anyone know?

Thanks!

It's in one of the old stoneware cookbooks - Stoneware Sensations or More Stoneware Sensations.

Stoneware Sensations has Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares..but not pumpkin roll

chefheidi2003 said:
Stoneware Sensations has Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares..but not pumpkin roll

Actually, I have a lot of old PC cookbooks, and that recipe could be in any one of them. I just remember seeing the picture. Sorry.

There is a Harvest Pumpkin Cake Roll in SB Fall/Winter 1999...

I'd type it for you, but I don't have this SB :( - I must have borrowed from my Director just so I could index it. Sorry.

JAE said:
Actually, I have a lot of old PC cookbooks, and that recipe could be in any one of them. I just remember seeing the picture. Sorry.

I only knew because I actually have the Stoneware Sensations cookbook sitting right at my desk..so I was able to look it up right away

Thanks to all of you! = ) You are wonderful and fabulous! I appreciate the info and help!

She insisted in was in one of the cookbooks, because she used to own it. A friend borrowed it and never returned it. I looked it up and did not see it listed, so I assumed she could not purchase another. It's too bad.

What do we do when a guest really wants a recipe and is willing to purchase a cookbook, but it is discontinued?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks to all of you! = ) You are wonderful and fabulous! I appreciate the info and help!

She insisted in was in one of the cookbooks, because she used to own it. A friend borrowed it and never returned it. I looked it up and did not see it listed, so I assumed she could not purchase another. It's too bad.

What do we do when a guest really wants a recipe and is willing to purchase a cookbook, but it is discontinued?

Tell the guest to look it up on Allrecipes.com. I can usually find every recipe there.

Here's the only pumpkin recipe in the More Stoneware Sensations...

Pumpkin Pie a la Easy
(More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook...pg 88)

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 eggs
2 (15 oz) cans solid pack pumpkin
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
Thawed frozen whipped topping (optional)
Pecan halves (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Chop pecans using Food Chopper. Add to Batter Bowl. Melt butter in Covered Micro Cooker on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Stoneware Bar Pan. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs in Batter Bowl using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, spices and salt; whisk until smooth. Pour over crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature. Cut into squares; serve using Mini Serving Spatula. Garnish each serving with whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator, pecan halves and additional ground cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate any leftover pie squares.

Makes 24 servings

Here's the only pumpkin recipe in the Stoneware Sensations...

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares
(Stoneware Sensations cookbook, pg 80)
Marbled with a cream cheese filling, these moist squares are lightly spiced with just the right amount of sweetness. There’s no need for frosting…just cut and serve.

Filling
½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1 egg

Batter
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 egg
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (optional)

Preheat oven to 375F. Using Kitchen Spritzer, lightly spray 9” x 13” Baker
with vegetable oil. For filling, whisk cream cheese, sugar and egg with 10"
Whisk in 1-Qt. Batter Bowl until well blended, set aside. For batter, combine pumpkin, sugar and egg and oil in Classic 2-Qt. Batter Bowl; mix well. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger. Pour into prepared Baker. Drizzle cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with knife several times for marbled effect. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels, if desired. Bake 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool, cut into squares.

Yield: 18 squares

Approximately 150 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving

Hmm...I wonder where I saw that recipe. I know I have a picture of it some place. I've made it before, too.

JAE said:
Hmm...I wonder where I saw that recipe. I know I have a picture of it some place. I've made it before, too.

I think that maybe it's an alternate recipe for a lemon roll recipe in (maybe) the old Celebrate Cookbook...

Or tell the guest to keep an eye on the Outlet because it just might show up there!

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32372

JAE

Thanks again to everyone! I need to follow up with the customer, after Christmas. Hopefully, it will pop up on the outlet. = )

Here are the ones I've found thus far....if any sound like the real deal, let me know! = )

Pumpkin Roll
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cup flour
1 15 pz can of pumpkin
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ginger
2 Tbsp cinnamon

Beat eggs. Add sugar. Add pumpkin. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.

Bake on large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. While still in the pan, sprinkle top with powdered sugar, place dishcloth on cake, flip over so cake is on top of the dishcloth, remove pan, sprinkle with powdered sugar (sprinkling the dish towel and the cake before you roll it up helps it not to stick to the towel...pretty clever!).

Bring up the edge of the dishcloth and roll like a cinnamon roll (the long ways), incorporating the dishtowel. This helps make the cake not stick to itself when it's rolled up. Place in fridge to cool. Best if made the night before, or refrigerate at least 4 hours. This time also helps solidify the 'roll'. The towel also protects it from getting dried out.

Frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cube of butter, softened
2 boxes of cream cheese, softened
4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups of chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)

Beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and cream cheese. Unroll cake and remove dishcloth. Spread ½ frosting and ½ nuts inside; roll up again. Spread top with frosting and sprinkle with nuts.

1. How do I make sure my pumpkin roll doesn't crack?

To prevent your pumpkin roll from cracking, be sure to roll it tightly while it is still warm. This will help the cake maintain its shape and not crack when unrolled.

2. Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned for a more homemade taste. Just make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin before using it in the recipe.

3. Can I make the pumpkin roll ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the pumpkin roll ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to tightly wrap it in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

4. Can I freeze my pumpkin roll?

Yes, you can freeze your pumpkin roll for up to 1 month. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. Thaw it in the fridge before serving.

5. Can I substitute the cream cheese filling with something else?

Yes, if you are not a fan of cream cheese, you can substitute it with a different frosting or filling of your choice. Some popular options include whipped cream, chocolate ganache, or pumpkin spice buttercream.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies