• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Finding Pumpkin Puree for My Open House

In summary, there are several places where you can find pumpkin puree for your open house, such as your local grocery store or specialty stores like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. You can also make your own by roasting and blending fresh pumpkin. It is not recommended to substitute pumpkin pie filling for pumpkin puree, as they are not the same. The amount of pumpkin puree you need will vary depending on your recipe, but a general rule of thumb is that one 15-ounce can is equivalent to about 2 cups. Frozen pumpkin puree can also be used, but it should be thawed and drained before using. Unopened canned pumpkin puree can last up to 3 years, while opened pumpkin puree can last
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
Please someone help!!!

I am trying to make this pumpkin trifle for my Open House tomorrow and the recipe calls for Pumpkin Puree. I cannot find it anywhere and am wondering if it's something different that just canned pumpkin? And if it is, where do I find it??
Any help is greatly appreciated.....TIA!!!

It's just canned pumpkin. I think sometimes they call it puree just to make sure people are using the canned pie mix.

I think Becky meant to have a "not" in there. They want to make sure people are not using the canned pie mix.

thank you Becky!!!
I have canned pumpkin at home, but had been searching high and low for pumpkin puree....now I don't feel like such a dork!!

pampchefsarah said:
I think Becky meant to have a "not" in there. They want to make sure people are not using the canned pie mix.

Thanks for knowing what I meant! :)

Which recipe are you using?

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks for knowing what I meant! :)

Ah, well, when you virtually hang around people enough . . . :love:

1. Where can I find pumpkin puree for my open house?

There are a few places you can find pumpkin puree for your open house. You can check your local grocery store in the baking aisle, as well as specialty stores such as Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. You can also make your own pumpkin puree by roasting and blending fresh pumpkin.

2. Can I substitute pumpkin pie filling for pumpkin puree?

No, pumpkin pie filling is not the same as pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling already has added sugar and spices, whereas pumpkin puree is just the pureed pumpkin. It is important to use pumpkin puree for recipes that call for it.

3. How much pumpkin puree do I need for my open house?

The amount of pumpkin puree you need will depend on the recipe you are making and how many servings you need. A general rule of thumb is that one 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree is equivalent to about 2 cups.

4. Can I use frozen pumpkin puree?

Yes, you can use frozen pumpkin puree for your open house. Just make sure to thaw it completely before using it in your recipe. You may also need to drain any excess liquid from the thawed puree before using it.

5. How long does pumpkin puree last?

Unopened canned pumpkin puree can last up to 3 years in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. If you freeze homemade pumpkin puree, it can last up to 3-6 months. It is important to always check the expiration date on canned pumpkin puree and use within the recommended time frame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • winklermom