• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin or Other "Fall" Recipes

L
ltkacz
I'm having aparty next Friday night for my in-laws. I thought I would do a "fall" theme with some fall recipes and/or something with pumpkin in it.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

I've posted a Halloween file that had some great pumpkin recipes--just search for it and you should find some good ones!

Here's another suggestion: I take a pie pumpkin, use the v-shaped blade to cut the top off, use the corer to take out the insides, and fill it with this dip. It's so yummy and festive!
Ingredients:
2 pkgs 8-oz cream cheese-softened
1 can pumpkin or pumpkin pie mix
1 box powdered sugar-sifted
2 teaspoons ground cinammon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
(or 3 teaspoons of apple pie spice instead of cinammon/ginger)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar
2. Add the pumpkin and spices & vanilla
3. Mix up and spoon into small pumpkin shells (or a dip dish)

Enjoy this with gingersnaps for dipping

Rebecca you have the BEST ideas !I love that !! It sounds good to !! Iam going to put that out at my open house in a few weeks !! Love it ! Thank you !!! :)

To make it a Pampered Chef recipeSimply substitue all the spices for 2 to 3 teaspoons of the Cinnamon Spice Blend, you would need to taste it of course to tell how much you would need and don't forget to use the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
I have a Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe that is great and it can be turned into Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars by using the Bar Pan.
However, the recipe is so involed that you would need to make it ahead. I think it actually is better though if you do make it the night before you serve it.
Check it out.

Attachments

• Pumpkin Cheesecake.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
I just posted a caramel popcorn recipe under the "Roasting Pan" thread. It's yummy and very "Fallish".

Another great one is the Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets

1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts - 2 crusts, the kind that come folded or rolled
15 oz. solid pack pumpkin
2 cups cool whip
1 tsp. Cinnamon Plus
1 pkg Cheesecake instant pudding
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 small orange, opt.

Preheat oven to 400. Roll one pie crust to a 12" circle. Cut 12 pastry pieces with the Scalloped Bread Tube. Press one into each cup of the Stoneware Muffin Pan with the Mini-Tart Shaper. Prick the bottom of the pastry. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes and remove from pan, cool completely. Repeat with second crust.

Combine pumpkin, cool whip and spice blend; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix, whisk until smooth and thickened. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Lightly sprinkle tart shells with powdered sugar. Fill EAD with pumpkin mixture and pipe into tart shells. Chop pecans and sprinkle over tarts. Zest orange and sprinkle over the tarts.

This recipe is a really good and shows lots of tools. I make the first set of shells at home and just demo the second one to save time.

Beth, I love the Pumpkin Spice Tartlets... they are always a hit!

Here's a Microwave Cake for the Stoneware fluted pan. I add raisins and/or walnuts for a little something extra.

Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake

3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (15 ozs) solid pack pumpkin
1 pkg (18.25 ozs) spice cake mix
Powdered sugar (optional)

Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush. In Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl, combine eggs and pumpkin using 10" Whisk; whisk until smooth. Add cake mix; mix with Mix `N Scraper until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly. Microwave on HIGH 14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Let stand in microwave 10 minutes. If necessary, loosen cake from sides of pan using Skinny Scraper; invert onto serving plate. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired.

Tips:
Brushing the Fluted Pan with vegetable oil or Pan-EZE (equal measures of Oil, Shortening and Flour) is the best method to coat the interior of the pan to prevent sticking. For best results do not use the Kitchen Spritzer or a non-stick cooking spray.

If using a microwave oven without a built-in turn table, rotate pan after 7 minutes of cooking.

The Pumpkin Spice Tartlets sound great! I've never seen that recipe, and I can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Mmm..pumpkinI had my first outside show last night, and I made the Pumpkin Pie Spread from last year's Season's Best - cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and pie spice baked in the sm oval baker with pecans and marshmellows on top! I made the cinnamon pastry wedges from the same cookbook, and cut apples into wedges for dipping :) YumYum

chefbilyeu said:
The Pumpkin Spice Tartlets sound great! I've never seen that recipe, and I can't wait to try it! Thanks!
You're welcome! It was in the Fall/Winter 2002 Season's Best.

Could you make the Pumpkin Pie Tartlets in the Mini Muffin pan? If so, what would change?

I did the pumpkin ribbon cake (I think it can be found in the Desserts Cookbook) the other day in the deep dish baker. It was SO good. Let me know if you don't already have that cookbook - if not, let me know and I'll post the recipe.

YUMMY! It is in the Delightful Desserts Cookbook!
PamperedPrincess74 said:
I did the pumpkin ribbon cake (I think it can be found in the Desserts Cookbook) the other day in the deep dish baker. It was SO good. Let me know if you don't already have that cookbook - if not, let me know and I'll post the recipe.

Oh my goodness! I just made this recipe too and LOVE IT! I think I am going to make it my 4 shows this month and maybe get more b/c of the recipe and the monthly host special! :D That's funny that you just posted that b/c I couldn't wait to let everyone know about it! :)

Pumpkin Ribbon CakeDo you bake this ahead of time? It looks like it would take an awful long time to make then bake at a show....any hints on how you pull it off?

Thanks,
Sandy

Last edited:
Microwave Spice CakeI agree with Mary. One of my favorites is the Gingerbread Cake, done in the stoneware fluted pan, in the Microwave. (11-14 minutes!)

Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake

This is a GREAT quick cake. At the end of cooking & cooling...I've melted Cinnamon chips (like chocolate, but Cinnamon) or I guess you could use White chocolate, anyway...melt them in the sm. micro cooker w/ a tbs. of oil & drizzle over the top of the cake!

This is such an AWESOME recipe. I always push this one in the fall!

Last edited:
Which cookbook is the pumpkin spice cake in?
I remember seeing it but I don't remember where.

The ribbon cake isn't something I made at a show (takes too long) but I made it for my open house (ahead of time) and since not that many people showed up, I took it to work the next day (I work part time in an office) and everyone loved it. It looks alot harder to make than it really is (since there seems to be a lot of ingredients) It's also very pretty once you decorate it.

Here's the Gingerbread Spice Cake (microwave cake)Mary had posted one version of the cake, earlier in this thread, but here's the recipe that I use. It's from the SB F/W 2000 cookbook.

The version I use calls for Molasses!

Attachments

• Gingerbread Micro Cake.doc
    22 KB · Views: 383

1. What are some popular "fall" recipes that I can make for my party?

Some popular "fall" recipes include pumpkin pie, apple crisp, butternut squash soup, roasted root vegetables, and pumpkin bread.

2. Can you recommend any dishes that incorporate pumpkin for my fall-themed party?

Sure, there are many delicious dishes that use pumpkin as the main ingredient. Some ideas include pumpkin lasagna, pumpkin soup, pumpkin risotto, pumpkin mac and cheese, and pumpkin chili.

3. Are there any other "fall" flavors or ingredients that I can incorporate into my recipes?

Absolutely! Some other popular "fall" flavors and ingredients include apples, cinnamon, maple, cranberries, and sweet potatoes. You can also experiment with spices like nutmeg, allspice, and cloves to add a warm and cozy touch to your dishes.

4. Do you have any suggestions for vegetarian or vegan fall recipes?

Yes, there are many delicious vegetarian and vegan fall recipes that you can make for your party. Some options include pumpkin lentil stew, roasted vegetable quinoa salad, pumpkin and black bean chili, and mushroom and spinach quiche.

5. Can I make these dishes ahead of time for my party?

Yes, many fall recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until your party. This will save you time and stress on the day of the event. Just be sure to follow proper food storage and reheating guidelines to ensure the safety of your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • babywings76