1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pumpkin dip

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I remember making a pumpkin dip that I made some kind of cinnamon triangles to go with, but I can't find it on CC and can't remember which cookbook it was in, I've looked through a lot of them, but still can't find it.... does it ring a bell to anyone and do you know which cookbook it would be in? TIA!

Sep 21, 2009
  2. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread
    1/4 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
    4 ounces (reduced-fat cream cheese)
    1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
    1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
    2 red or green apples, cut into wedges
    Cinnamon Pastry Wedges (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add pumpkin, brown sugar and spice blend; mix well. Spoon mixture into Small Oval Baker using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Top with marshmallows and pecans.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Cut apples into wedges using Crinkle Cutter. Serve warm with apple wedges and Cinnamon Pastry Wedges, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (2 tablespoons dip, 2 apple wedges): Calories 80, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 35 mg, Fiber 2 g

Tip: Pantry Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend can be substituted for the pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Also, you can just use apples to dip it.....

Sep 21, 2009
  3. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

We serve that at all of our fall/holiday functions - love it!

Attached Files:

Sep 21, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

That's probably it... what cookbook is that in?

Sep 21, 2009
  5. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

That sounds delicious! Is there a recipe for the Cinamon Pastry wedges?

Sep 21, 2009
  6. ChefPaulaB

Found it, Seasons Best F/W 2004! Yay! I thought I was losing my mind!
    It is really good and a 2 Tbsp. serving is only 1 point on WW. The Cinnamon Pastry Wedges are good, but they fall apart when you try to dip and they are 2 pts. each. I would just use apple wedges or like cinnamon graham crackers.
    Here is the recipe for the Cinnamon Pastry Wedges

Cinnamon Pastry Wedges

2 Tbsp Sugar
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz pkg.), softened as directed on package

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Unfold crust into lightly floured Large Round Stone. Roll seams lightly, forming an even 12" circle using Baker's Roller. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture; cut into 16 wedges using Pizza Cutter. (Do not separate.) Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven; cool completely.
    Yield: 16 servings.

Sep 21, 2009
  7. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

Only 1 point! Yeah! That'll be a great fall treat! I guess I'll skip the pastry wedges and maybe get some fat free graham crackers.

Sep 21, 2009
  8. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I used flour tortillas...brushed a little water on them with the silicone pastry brush and sprinkled the cinn/sugar on them...then baked til crisp - used those instead of the pastry triangles.

Sep 21, 2009
  9. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I also did this and got rave reviews...Use a bat or pumpkin shaped cookie cutter for a great Halloween treat!

Sep 21, 2009
  10. aksusan

aksusan Member

You could double up 2 sheets of puff pastry (cinnamon sprinkle in between & on top of them) and use the bat or pumpkin cookie cutter on that.

Sep 21, 2009
  11. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

OMG, why did I never see this recipe before? This looks amazing - gotta try it! THANKS!!

12. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I am definately going to make this!

Sep 21, 2009
Have something to add?