• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Dip Recipe Search: Can You Help?

In summary, the conversation is about a pumpkin dip that someone can't remember the recipe for. They are looking for help finding the recipe, but don't remember which cookbook it is in.
ChefPaulaB
I remember making a pumpkin dip that I made some kind of cinnamon triangles to go with, but I can't find it on CC and can't remember which cookbook it was in, I've looked through a lot of them, but still can't find it.... does it ring a bell to anyone and do you know which cookbook it would be in? TIA!

Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread
1/4 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
4 ounces (reduced-fat cream cheese)
1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
2 red or green apples, cut into wedges
Cinnamon Pastry Wedges (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add pumpkin, brown sugar and spice blend; mix well. Spoon mixture into Small Oval Baker using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Top with marshmallows and pecans.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Cut apples into wedges using Crinkle Cutter. Serve warm with apple wedges and Cinnamon Pastry Wedges, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (2 tablespoons dip, 2 apple wedges): Calories 80, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 35 mg, Fiber 2 g

Tip: Pantry Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend can be substituted for the pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Also, you can just use apples to dip it.....

We serve that at all of our fall/holiday functions - love it!

Attachments

• Spiced Pumpkin Pie Spread.doc
    25 KB · Views: 843
That's probably it... what cookbook is that in?

That sounds delicious! Is there a recipe for the Cinamon Pastry wedges?

Found it, Seasons Best F/W 2004! Yay! I thought I was losing my mind!
It is really good and a 2 Tbsp. serving is only 1 point on WW. The Cinnamon Pastry Wedges are good, but they fall apart when you try to dip and they are 2 pts. each. I would just use apple wedges or like cinnamon graham crackers.
Here is the recipe for the Cinnamon Pastry Wedges

Cinnamon Pastry Wedges

2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz pkg.), softened as directed on package

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Unfold crust into lightly floured Large Round Stone. Roll seams lightly, forming an even 12" circle using Baker's Roller. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture; cut into 16 wedges using Pizza Cutter. (Do not separate.) Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven; cool completely.
Yield: 16 servings.

Only 1 point! Yeah! That'll be a great fall treat! I guess I'll skip the pastry wedges and maybe get some fat free graham crackers.

I used flour tortillas...brushed a little water on them with the silicone pastry brush and sprinkled the cinn/sugar on them...then baked til crisp - used those instead of the pastry triangles.

dannyzmom said:
I used flour tortillas...brushed a little water on them with the silicone pastry brush and sprinkled the cinn/sugar on them...then baked til crisp - used those instead of the pastry triangles.

I also did this and got rave reviews...Use a bat or pumpkin shaped cookie cutter for a great Halloween treat!

You could double up 2 sheets of puff pastry (cinnamon sprinkle in between & on top of them) and use the bat or pumpkin cookie cutter on that.

OMG, why did I never see this recipe before? This looks amazing - gotta try it! THANKS!!

I am definately going to make this!

1. What ingredients do I need for the pumpkin dip recipe?

The ingredients for this pumpkin dip recipe are: canned pumpkin puree, cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and whipped topping.

2. Can I substitute the pumpkin puree with fresh pumpkin?

Yes, you can substitute the canned pumpkin puree with fresh pumpkin puree. Just make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin before using it in the recipe.

3. How do I make this recipe vegan-friendly?

To make this pumpkin dip recipe vegan-friendly, you can use vegan cream cheese and whipped topping. You can also substitute the brown sugar with a vegan sweetener such as maple syrup or agave nectar.

4. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this pumpkin dip ahead of time. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.

5. What are some recommended dippers for this pumpkin dip?

Some recommended dippers for this pumpkin dip are graham crackers, apple slices, pretzels, and vanilla wafers. You can also serve it with a variety of fruit such as strawberries, bananas, or pears.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • MrsNetNut404