• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Pumpkin Chiffon Torte in a Deep Dish Pie Plate?

In summary, you can use a deep dish pie plate to make a pumpkin chiffon torte, but it may take longer to bake. No adjustments to the recipe are necessary. If you don't have a deep dish pie plate, you can still use a springform pan, but adjust the baking time. The appearance of the torte may be affected when using a deep dish pie plate. A glass deep dish pie plate can be used instead of a metal one, but the baking time may be slightly different due to differences in heat conductivity.
MLinAZ
Gold Member
I want to make the Pumpkin Chiffon Torte but I'm wondering if there's any reason I couldn't do it in the Deep Dish Pie Plate rather than the Springform pan...anyone know?

MMMMMMMMMMM...recipe can be found where????

I don't see why you couldn't do it in the deep dish pie plate- it would just be more of a pie than a torte :)

I ended up doing it in the pie dish and yes, I made the crust go up the sides instead of just the bottom like a torte.

It went over wonderfully!

Thanks for letting us know the outcome....may need to make this one soon! lol

Any chance someone took a pic of their creation? Sounds like a great recipe to send to our customers....just in time for the Holidays.

Last edited:

1. Can I use a deep dish pie plate to make a pumpkin chiffon torte?

Yes, you can use a deep dish pie plate to make a pumpkin chiffon torte. However, keep in mind that the torte will be thicker and may take longer to bake compared to using a traditional cake pan.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments to the recipe if I use a deep dish pie plate?

No, you do not need to make any adjustments to the recipe if you use a deep dish pie plate. The ingredients and measurements will remain the same.

3. Can I still use a springform pan if I don't have a deep dish pie plate?

Yes, you can still use a springform pan if you don't have a deep dish pie plate. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as the torte may be thinner in a springform pan.

4. Will a deep dish pie plate affect the appearance of the torte?

Yes, using a deep dish pie plate may affect the appearance of the torte. It may have a slightly different shape and may not be as tall or as smooth on the edges compared to using a traditional cake pan.

5. Can I use a glass deep dish pie plate instead of a metal one?

Yes, you can use a glass deep dish pie plate instead of a metal one. Just be aware that glass may conduct heat differently and the baking time may vary slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • lmklipfel