• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Office Pampered Chef Show Turn Out a Success?

In summary, the consultant was setting up her show in a breakroom when HR-Lady approached her and asked if she was allowed to have the show there. The hostess had not given HR-Lady written permission, so the consultant was asked to leave. The consultant was very upset that she had to leave and was not happy about it.
esavvymom
Staff member
I've been trying to get this catalog show -host 'pinned down' for months. We set something up, then she waffles on me. From the start, she wanted to do something at her office. I agreed (although I don't think I'll do this again- simply because of kids/schedules, etc) to do it.

FINALLY have her set on a date at the office. She took forever to ask about being able to do it, etc., then was on vacation or just "too busy". We're set for Thursday over the lunch-hour. I asked her how many she thought might stop by- she said "about 10 or so". *gasp*. So I asked, "How many work in your office?" - About 100 or more! I said " Ok..here's what I am going to do and what I encourage you to do. I'm going to give you some mini-catalogs with the show information printed on the back (I used the HOliday-mini-invites labels) for you to pass out to your friends and co-workers. And I'm going to give you extra! Just put them on people's desks! Encourage your co-workers/friends to tell others they may know in the office." I gave her 24 catalogs :D and 2 flyers to post in the lunchroom and wherever else she might have.

She emailed me today all excited....she's handed out most of the invites, and said "alot more people love pampered chef than I thought!" Plus- we're setting up in the lunchroom where people come make their lunch- so even some who didn't find out about it formally will be coming through.

WOOHOOO!! I can only HOPE for a good turnout. I'm doing "no demo" or very little (I'll have pre-made the food) and will probably have products out that I CAN show as people ask me about them or look at them....thinking like a "potato show"..the versatile veggie. :)

Way to go, Bobbi. Excellent host coaching. Just goes to show that most people don't know what to do and with a little encouragement (coaching) can make a success of things. You should have a great time. I see some bookings in your future from this. Keep us posted!

I got kicked out!!! I went in, was setting up- I took 3 desserts that were simple and I already had ingredients for (and cheap). And I was going to use the Pineapple wedger and the Cookie Press for anyone who wanted to see it. (still drug in too much cr*p though!) I had 50 catalogs with me, my check-out material, etc.

As I was setting up on the island, there were several folks hanging around, basically waiting- or looking at catalogs while I set up. I wasn't doing a formal show or demo, just was really going to "hang out" and answer questions, etc. It was a "glorified" catalog show, not a full-fledged cooking show.

Well, some lady comes over and asked me who I was, etc...and my hostess stepped over, obviously knowing who this woman was or where she was going with her questions (I didn't have a clue at this point). She was from the HR dept. My hostess told her that she had gotten the 'ok' to have this shin-dig in the breakroom. HR-lady asked who told her 'yes'...Hostess gave her a name and said she thought she even had an email. HR-lady goes to confirm this. :eek: Hostess tells me to hurry up and set up (thinking maybe they won't make me leave)...I told HER to go find the email! This was one of the first things I had asked her to do before agreeing to this- make sure it was ok for the company.

The folks sitting around waiting for me were a little shocked- and we all made faces at each other like.."You've got to be KIDDING me!" So I set out the last couple items I had, and waited.

HR-Lady came back and quietly said, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave". I said I'd wait for the hostess to come back and let her know. Hostess came back in and I walked to the side so it wasn't awkward...while hostess and HR-lady discussed it. But, I had to go. Apparently, some miscommunication I'm guessing- Hostess didn't have it in writing, plus she said "it's become an 'ad-hoc party'"....so I'm guessing they thought SHE was going ot have food and catalogs, not the actual consultant. The company has a no-solicitation policy. I can understand- you let one, you have to let them all.

But she did say I could leave the food, and the catalogs- with the hostess. So my hostess was going to pass out the 2-dozen catalogs/order forms and try to get her orders that way after all, and I'm supposed to get my dishes from her (I hope she's careful! My babies! -DCB, Trifle bowl, and a Dots bowl :eek:)

All that work and it better pay off!! The Hostess was a bit irked at HR-lady, and a tad embarassed/felt bad for me...so hopefully she'll really work it! I don't think she would have otherwise. A bit frustrating- but what can you do?

I won't normally do an office-lunch show because of child-care, etc....but I was really hoping it would have been a Nov. Boost!

The hostess did call me in the afternoon asking a few questions for someone interested in booking- so hopefully she did what I asked and got her info so I can contact the person.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Clearly you understand that they could be opening a real can of worms if they let one person do something that they haven't let others do. I hope it turns out to be a real success.

Oh dear! Anytime you are going into a company over 20 people, it could hit this! I know HR departments are very leery of anyone coming in with anything nowadays! Hopefully she decided to work on her orders. It was nice everyone enjoyed all the yummy food! Wonder if HR lady got any of it after going off? LOL!

I'm dying to know? How did it go? Good for you for trying!:thumbup:

What is "Pulling a Show Out After All!"?

"Pulling a Show Out After All!" is a phrase commonly used in the Pampered Chef community to describe the successful completion of a cooking show, despite any obstacles or challenges that may have arisen.

How can I pull a show out after all?

To successfully pull a show out after all, it is important to have a positive attitude and be prepared for any unexpected issues that may arise. Stay organized and have a backup plan in case of any last-minute changes. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy the experience!

What are some common obstacles that may require "pulling a show out after all"?

Some common obstacles that may require "pulling a show out after all" include unexpected cancellations or no-shows, technical difficulties, and running out of a key ingredient or tool. These obstacles are inevitable, but with a positive attitude and preparedness, they can be overcome.

How can I stay organized during a cooking show?

To stay organized during a cooking show, it is important to have a detailed plan and timeline for the show. Make sure all necessary ingredients and tools are readily available and easy to access. It can also be helpful to have a designated area for dirty dishes and utensils to keep the cooking space tidy.

What should I do if something goes wrong during the show?

If something goes wrong during the show, don't panic! Take a deep breath and assess the situation. If possible, try to come up with a solution on the spot. If not, don't be afraid to ask for help from your guests or fellow Pampered Chef consultants. Remember, the show must go on, and with a positive attitude and quick thinking, you can still have a successful show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Tams
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies