• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Pull-Apart Bread Recipe | Troubleshooting Tips Included

In summary, Jennifer made the caramel pull-apart bread again and it did not over flow or smoke up her oven. She cut down on the amount of caramel used and will continue to do so in the future.
jenniferlynne
Ok, I wanted to make the carmel pecan pull-apart bread that goes in the small saute pan for my show last night. I was hoping it would help sell some of the cookware. Well, I dont like to make anything without practicing it first. So, Sunday morning before church, I made it for my family for breakfast. It was awesome and everyone loved it. I made it for my show last night exactly the same except I added the pecans (one of the my kids won't eat them so I left them out). While it was baking, it began to bubble over and drip all over the bottom of my hostess' oven, and she had just cleaned it the night before just for the show! :eek: Then it started to smoke a little, and then a lot. We put a pan under it to catch the drips but this seemed to only make it worse! Soon the smoke was literally rolling out of her oven. The bread still turned out just fine and everyone loved it and laughed about the whole thing. I told them all that I just made the exact same recipe a few days before and that did not happen to me. I'm just wondering what went wrong. I didn't add very many pecans at all incase there was someone there that didn't like them. I had one idea of what might have been the cause, but not for sure. When I made them at home, the biscuits went straight from my fridge to be cut up and into the pan. I supplied the ingredients for this show, so they had to ride in the car with me to her house about 45 minutes. I did stick them back in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes before I made the recipe. Do you think that because the biscuits had a chance to warm up and soften that they just swelled up more and caused a spill-over? Any advice would be very helpful. This recipe is so great and simple I would hate to not demo it again, but scared to death of the over flow happening again. :confused:

I would just back off on the carmal a bit. The bread could have been the cause, but also did you use a full stick of butter or a half? I have found that a half works just as well, less fat. I haven't had this happen, but I don't put a full jar of carmal in. I only do half, and they taste awesome! :D

Both times I did use a full stick of butter and a full jar of caramel. The only difference the second time was the pecans (about 1/2 cup) but maybe that was just enough to do it. I also have an electric oven and she has a gas one, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Oh well, I am going to practice with the apple cinnamon ones today for a brunch I have coming up. Thanks for the advice!

Haha, the same thing happened to me at my show last Friday. I think it was because I used the whole jar of caramel. I felt so bad for smoking out their kitchen. We had to move the demo to the living room. I just hope none of the guests thought I was incompetent. At my show the next day I did the apple cinnamon pull apart bread instead. I didn't feel like smoking out another kitchen.

apple cinnamon pull apartHey! I will start selling PC in April and am collecting recipes from this site. Yall post soo many great ones! Could you post the recipe for the apple cinnamon pull apart - just the name of that sounds wonderful. What cookbook would yall recommend me getting as the best for easy show recipes?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Pull Apart Bread RecipesHi Jennifer,

I've been doing the same thing for recipes and I downloaded this document that someone had posted. It has different recipes for the different types of bread. This is a GREAT start for people just starting out like you and me!!

Brooke

Attachments

• pull apart bread.doc
    21 KB · Views: 615
thanks!Brooke, Thanks for the document! I cannot wait to test some of these for myself! I may gain a bunch of weight "testing" all this stuff!!! ha!

Here's some more pull-apart bread recipes.

Enjoy, Linda

Attachments

• Saute Pan Biscuits 2.doc
    27 KB · Views: 683
thanksThanks, Linda! I am sure I will enjoy them.

Jennifer

UpdateOk, I made the caramel pull-apart again at my show Saturday. I did cut down to 1/2 jar of caramel, but left the butter at a full stick just to see what would happen. It still ran over just a little but not nearly as bad as Tuesday nights show, and it didn't smoke up her house at all. I will cut back on the butter next time too.

Thanks for everyone's help!

saute pan pull-apartsHello, I am very intrigued by the pull-apart bread recipes for the saute pan. I cannot open any word docs, does anyone know where I can find these recipes other than in word docs? Any help would be appreciated!

Here's what I havePull Apart Bread

Apple Cinnamon

1 stick butter
Pantry Cinnamon Plus
¼ cup sugar
1 apple, sliced and chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

Caramel Pecan

1 stick butter
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

Garlic

1 stick butter
Pantry Italian Seasoning
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 package Pillsbury Grand Biscuits

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Small Sauté Pan on stovetop, over medium heat—add ingredients, except biscuits, and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Using Utility Knife, cut biscuits into quarters. Add all the biscuits to the pan, toss with butter mixture, immediately put in oven and bake 18-20 minutes.

Thanks!Thanks Jodi..exactly what I needed!

"Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Small Sauté Pan on stovetop, over medium heat—add ingredients, except biscuits, and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Using Utility Knife, cut biscuits into quarters. Add all the biscuits to the pan, toss with butter mixture, immediately put in oven and bake 18-20 minutes."

I am very challenged by cooking so please forgive me for asking questions that should be obvious.

1. Which utensil do you use to bake these?
2. Add the biscuits to which pan?
3. Toss with butter mixture implies that you toss everything around like a sald. Hmmm...could this be right?

Help me...........please somebody

If you are using the Saute Pan, or any non-stick pan for that matter, do not use metal utensils! Use nylon or wooden/bamboo. I actually use my little bamboo spoons for this recipe.

First you melt the butter in the saute pan, then add the spices, then add the biscuits to the butter/spice mixture in the saute pan. Stir the biscuits around until they are all coated in the butter mixture, use a wooden/bamboo spoon. Then pop this whole pan, butter/spices/biscuits and all, into the oven.

In about 15-20 minutes the biscuits will have puffed up and cooked, take the saute pan out of the oven, remember to use oven mitts. You can eat these out of the pan or flip them over onto a plate. The bamboo tongs work good and I guess the silicone tipped chef's tongs would work well too. We just let it cool down a bit and use our fingers.

I hope this helped. Linda

What Size Carmel Sauce is this??Hi all,
I really want to make these, but I went to store and there is like 4 different size of caramel sauze you can buy, so which size do you suggest?? Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear Hi all,
I really want to make these, but I went to store and there is like 4 different size of caramel sauze you can buy, so which size do you suggest?? Thanks,

Lisa
Hi lisa I usually use smuckers brand 12.5 oz I believe. Personally I don't use the whole jar I generally use a 1/2 to 3/4. Try it out before making it at a show. I hope this helps.:D
Amanda

adventurechef said:
Here's some more pull-apart bread recipes.

Enjoy, Linda

With these pull-apart biscuits, is there a specific way we arrange the quarters in the pan? Thanks!

tossed in....I just tossed them in the pan and then folded the mixture over them...it seemed to work fine...I hope I did it right.:eek:

but be sure to put a pan below to catch the dripping when it's in the oven....:eek: i started it and heard the sizzle.....:rolleyes: LOL...

How much cinnamon have you all put in the cinnamon apple one? I made it for my famiy, and just sprinkled a good amount on there, I didn't measure, but it definitely needed more cinnamon. and the recipe doesn't say how much. I haven't made the caramel one yet...so I'm glad I read this first!
The garlic is a family favorite now!

For the carmal ones I don't use the whole jar because of the boiling over factor. I don't want a mess in my oven or a hosts.
For the apple cinnamon I use a tablespoon of our cinamon plus mix. I hope this helps. They are all very yummy.

I use 1/2 stick of butter in the Garlic and Caramel ones. You really dont need a whole stick.

I don't have the saute pan yet...Would these recipes fit in the mini oval baker?

kelleyg Would these recipes fit in the mini oval baker?
I would think they would it holds roughly about the same. I have used two cans in the fluted stone works really well and looks nice too.:D

could u make more in the 10" skillet??? i want to show this more!!

Don't feel so bad. I quadrupled the recipe to make in the grill pan for a fundraiser show and the same happened to me. Only I was making the ones with brown sugar and butter! It was a mess! I sold a grill pan and a roasting pan that day though!

in 12"executive skillet?Hi, I am doing a brunch tomorrow and wondered if I could do this in the 12" skillet? Do you think a full jar of caramel and 1 stick of butter would work? Also, I made it in the saute pan with cresent rolls and liked it much better than biscuits. :) Thanks for input on those that have tried the 12". Do you flip it out with the 12" or serve out of the pan?

Great Ideas!I'm so excited to try these recipes! I've been wanting to do a Pampering for some businesses and didn't have a clue as to what I could take. I don't like the idea of having to leave a stone or something. :) I can hardly wait to try it. I'm sure my family will love trying these recipes!

Thanks!

Anita

Same as ChefNic asked ... how much cinnamon do you use on the apple cinnamon pull-aparts?Tanya

I fixed them today for my show and I put about 1/4 teas in mine and they tasted great. I also had the problem with the over flow and smokey kitchen, but we just put a pizza pan under them and that seemed to catch the most of it. I think I will try cutting it to a half stick of butter, see if that fixes the spill over problem.

1. What could have caused my pull-apart bread to bubble over and drip in the oven?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One possibility is that the bread was overfilled, causing it to expand and overflow. Another possibility is that the biscuits used were not cold enough, causing them to soften and expand more. It could also be due to the type of pan used, as some materials conduct heat differently and may affect how the bread bakes. Lastly, oven temperature and placement of the pan in the oven could also play a role in the bread overflowing.

2. Why did my pull-apart bread start smoking while baking?

Smoking can occur if the bread is overbaked or if the oven temperature is too high. It can also happen if there are any spills or drips in the oven, especially if the pan is not placed on a baking sheet or tray. It is important to keep an eye on the bread while it is baking and adjust the oven temperature as needed.

3. How can I prevent my pull-apart bread from overflowing in the future?

To prevent overflow, make sure to not overfill the pan and leave some space for the bread to expand. It is also important to use cold biscuits and place them in the pan immediately before baking. You can also try using a larger or deeper pan to give the bread more room to rise. Additionally, keeping the pan on a baking sheet or tray can help catch any spills or drips.

4. Can using warm biscuits instead of cold ones cause the bread to overflow?

Yes, using biscuits that are not cold enough can cause them to soften and expand more, leading to overflow. It is important to use cold biscuits for this recipe to ensure the best results.

5. Is there a particular type of pan that works best for making pull-apart bread?

The type of pan used can affect how the bread bakes. A non-stick or cast iron pan are good options as they conduct heat evenly and can help prevent sticking. It is important to use a pan that is deep enough to allow the bread to rise without overflowing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • priscilla
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies