• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

WoW Puff Pastry Desserts - Simple Ideas for a Host!

In summary, the chicken pot pie recipe from the "Casserole Queens" cookbook calls for a 9x13 pan, which is not the right size for the puff pastry. The pastry does not unfold correctly, and the recipe is from a book that is not the right size for the pastry. The pot pie was worth it, but the pastry was not perfect.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have a host that wants a dessert that uses a puff pastry. No particular recipe...she just wants to see how the pastry works and believes it will be WoW! So, does anyone have some WoW suggestions....that won't be too complicated?

You can do a recipe search on CC for a specific ingredient and it will pull up all the recipes we have for it.

but it is always so much more fun to see all the great recipes the wise, wonderful consultants have up their sleeves!

Never used them before!

The strawberry-ameretto thing that comes in the new consultant kit recipe instructions cards uses pastry puffs (I'm almost positive). One of my consultants made them for a show and said they were fabulous. I know that's a bit criptic but if you find the recipes for new consultants...

Strawberry Amaretto Pastries from S/S 2006 Seasons Best uses puff pastry and is a great recipe.

Yes, I agree. The Strawberry Amaretto Pastries!

It wasn't a dessert, but last night I made chicken pot pie topped with puff pastry. It reminded me why I avoid working with that stuff! No matter how I thaw it according to package directions, I have never been able to unfold it. It always ends with me getting out the rolling pin and rolling out dough.

I do not say this as a discouragement, but rather as ENCOURAGEMENT to try it out before the show. And report back here on your unfolding secrets :D

Because it really is WOW!

ShellBeach said:
It wasn't a dessert, but last night I made chicken pot pie topped with puff pastry. It reminded me why I avoid working with that stuff! No matter how I thaw it according to package directions, I have never been able to unfold it. It always ends with me getting out the rolling pin and rolling out dough.

I do not say this as a discouragement, but rather as ENCOURAGEMENT to try it out before the show. And report back here on your unfolding secrets :D

Because it really is WOW!

Did you do the pot pie in the DCB? I keep making it and my pastry topping is NEVER right...

minirottie said:
Did you do the pot pie in the DCB? I keep making it and my pastry topping is NEVER right...

No, I think the DCB is too deep and not wide enough for this recipe. It is from the "Casserole Queens" new cookbook and was in the newspaper. It calls for a 9x13 pan. In the DCB you would not have a perfect ratio of crust to filling, do you know what I mean?

If I could have unfolded the pastry, I think it would have fit perfectly over the pan...my rectangular baker broke from thermal shock so I used Pyrex.

My poor kid, he stayed up late because he wanted to taste it. Kept coming around asking if the pie was done. :chef: I totally underestimated how long it would take me to chop everything up. My knife skills are slow, hah.

Oh, it was worth it though. He had two helpings and toddled off to bed. I think I am gonna make some more later today and freeze it. There is another puff pasty sheet, after all! LOL. I wish they sold singles.

1. What is a WoW Puff Pastry Dessert?

A WoW Puff Pastry Dessert is a simple and delicious dessert made with layers of flaky puff pastry and a variety of sweet fillings. It is a perfect dessert for any occasion and can be easily customized to suit different tastes and preferences.

2. How do I make a WoW Puff Pastry Dessert?

Making a WoW Puff Pastry Dessert is easy and requires minimal ingredients and effort. Simply roll out your puff pastry dough, add your desired filling, and bake it in the oven until golden brown and flaky. You can find step-by-step instructions and recipe ideas in our WoW Puff Pastry Dessert guide.

3. What kind of fillings can I use for my WoW Puff Pastry Dessert?

You can get creative with your WoW Puff Pastry Desserts and use a variety of fillings such as fresh fruits, chocolate, nuts, cream cheese, and more. You can also experiment with different flavor combinations to create your own unique dessert.

4. Can I make a WoW Puff Pastry Dessert in advance?

Yes, you can make your WoW Puff Pastry Dessert ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. This is a great time-saving option for busy hosts or for preparing desserts for a large party.

5. Are there any tips for serving WoW Puff Pastry Desserts?

To make your WoW Puff Pastry Desserts even more impressive, you can dust them with powdered sugar, drizzle them with chocolate or caramel sauce, or top them with whipped cream or ice cream. You can also serve them warm with a cup of coffee or tea for a delightful after-dinner treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • dns2202