• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PSA: Don't Forget to Spring Ahead - Set Your Clocks One Hour Ahead!

In summary, most people in the United States have to set their clocks ahead one hour this time of year. This is a pain for people who have to get up early in the morning or for people who travel. There are some exceptions to this rule, and one person in this conversation is from Indiana.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
It's that time of the year again, when almost everyone (in the States, anyway) has to set their clocks ahead one hour, screwing up transportation schedules and people who will be an hour late for church tomorrow.

Except for some of you, and you know hoosier, that will be on the same time as me for the next six months.

So don't forget to set those clocks ahead one hour.

I am going to have to dig out some owners manuels to find out how to set some of my clocks! I am not looking forward to this!! :(

This is the first time this Hoosier will have to change the clocks. Used to be only 3 counties observed daylight savings time in Indiana. We got added to that list this year. I guess I will get used to it.

Here in Phoenix, AZ we don't change either. Makes it kinda tough with a 10pm deadline to post to PC.

Hoosier daddy?

Spring usually isn't too bad, since setting most digital clocks forward one hour is easy. It's in the fall when you have to set the *&*^%$#! clocks ahead 23 hours in order to set them back one hour. It's even worse on the older ones that jump the date ahead and then you have to do that one, too.

Why do we still pursue this madness? To have a little extra daylight at night at the expense of getting up in the dark? Someone said it was originally for the benefit of the farmers - like they don't use the sun instead of the clock. :rolleyes:

Who DOES exactly benefit from tearing up our internal clocks each Spring?

Yep. Indy tags along with the East Coast this year. Most of Indiana is going EDT. It's a tad bit annoying, to be honest.

My hubby was commenting that the time change to DST is going to be the Y2K that wasn't.

I grew up in the Chicagoland area so the changing thing isn't anything new, but I will say that I wish we would've gone Central instead of Eastern. :(

How about the entire world just drops back 30 min in the fall and let that be the final seasonal time shift EVER?! :D

I live in NC so we are in the Eastern time zone and I hate that. Growing up in the midwest I never appreciated the time zone! You have the best one! You can actually stay up for the night news and maybe the tonight show and then get up for the morning news.

Our evening news starts at 11pm and the morning national news is at 7am. It's like they think people on the east coast need less sleep or something.

BethCooks4U said:
I live in NC so we are in the Eastern time zone and I hate that. Growing up in the midwest I never appreciated the time zone! You have the best one! You can actually stay up for the night news and maybe the tonight show and then get up for the morning news.

Our evening news starts at 11pm and the morning national news is at 7am. It's like they think people on the east coast need less sleep or something.
I've always liked television primetime starting at 7:00 PM myself. In the Fall, the football games all start at noon on Sunday and I cannot, for the life of me, understand how you east coasters ever allowed ABC to put Monday Night Football on at 9:00 PM. That's just NUTS, IMHO. (With a tip of my hat to you west coasters who have to leave work early to watch the football game on Monday nights.)

[grumble] Right now, the time zone thing is about the only good thing I can claim for living in Cheesleand. Here, the government never met a tax it didn't like, in fact, it likes 'em so much, it finds creative ways to keep raising them. [/grumble]

The time zone thing really makes it annoying to travel through Indiana, too. Northwest Indiana (suburban Chicago, actually) seems to want to stick to the Chicago time zone while the rest of the state wants to pretend it's east coast cosmopolitan or something. Once you hit Lousiville, you've back in Central so it never makes sense to change watches.

Being in the relatively eastern end of the (Central) time zone, the sun is up very late at night and I've always liked that. When you're in the far western edge of a time zone, you really get shafted on daylight. If I were a Hoosier, I'd be all over the state government to move the entire state into the Central Time Zone, but what do I know?

I went ahead and purchased myself one of those nifty little alarm clocks that set the time itself, and changes accordingly itself! Yup, it was nice. LOL. After that all I have is the Microwave clock to set because all of the other times are through the cable box.

I have a grandfather clock that doesn't run. (Hey, gimme a break - it's right twice a day!) Every Spring, I set it ahead one hour and every Fall, I set it back one hour.

No one ever notices, but it remains one of my little practical jokes on my visitors.

BethCooks4U said:

Amen Beth! I agree completely! I have ALWAYS been in the eastern time zone being raised in Michigan and then moving to Florida. It's something thats imbedded in me I guess. I wouldn't know any different if I moved somewhere!;)

1. What does "Psa: Time to Spring Ahead" mean?

"Psa: Time to Spring Ahead" is a reminder to set your clocks forward one hour for Daylight Saving Time. This means adjusting your clocks one hour ahead at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March.

2. When does Daylight Saving Time start?

Daylight Saving Time starts on the second Sunday in March at 2:00 a.m. This is when you should set your clocks ahead one hour.

3. Do I need to manually change all of my clocks?

Yes, you will need to manually change all of your clocks that do not automatically adjust for Daylight Saving Time. This includes clocks in your home, car, and other devices.

4. What is the purpose of Daylight Saving Time?

Daylight Saving Time was originally implemented to save energy by taking advantage of the natural daylight during the summer months. It also provides more daylight in the evenings for outdoor activities.

5. How does Daylight Saving Time affect my sleep schedule?

The time change may disrupt your sleep schedule for a few days as your body adjusts to the new time. It is important to try to maintain a consistent bedtime routine and get enough sleep to help with the adjustment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
Replies