• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pros and Cons of Paper Napkins - Debate Weighed In On!

In summary, Carolyn thinks that the paper napkins are good for demos, but she would not pay $4 or $6 for them. She also thinks that the price is a little high.
rennea
Gold Member
Alright everyone seems upset/unhappy about the paper napkins and I'd like to weigh in on this one. Yes I think cloth napkins are much, much nicer;) But I think the paper napkins are good for our demo's I wish that we were able to get them at a much lower price. It would be nice to be able to give them to customers with there appy's. When we do casual dinning in my home I often use paper napkins........tea/coffee with cookies etc.(my husband always jokes that when he gets a paper napkin and not paper towel it's fancy) We have friends over at least every other weekend and I always serve after dinner sweets with a nice "paper" napkin. Anyways I'm rambling, I just would like them to be less expensive for us they would be great to add to shows keeping with our "theme" this season:)

I personally hate the fact that we are selling paper napkins. I dont mind them. I use paper napkins at home all the time. But the price is a little up there. My husband remarked that we could go to the dollar store and get colors that match or close for much less. I am really surprised that as a consultant we cant get them really cheap so we can demo them.

I just wish they put them on the supply list so we can order them cheaper...

I would never pay $4 or $6 for paper napkins - not for a 20 count. What were they thinking?? I don't think we'll sell any - not for that price.

My family is so busy that we eat out most of the time or use paper cups, plates, and napkins at home to save time...we are eating on the run anyway....kind of against what PC is all about, but that is the way it is right now. But, I would never pay that much for napkins....even for a fancy party. Are they superior quality? Even a party store doesn't charge that much for napkins.

lkspeir said:
I would never pay $4 or $6 for paper napkins - not for a 20 count. What were they thinking?? I don't think we'll sell any - not for that price.

OMG you only get 20 napkins for that price?! I guess I didn't notice. Ouch! Gosh that is about a day's worth of napkins around our house!

lkspeir said:

I'm with you on that........again if only they were cheaper:(

Mine arrived on Friday - I am not impressed with them.

dannyzmom said:
Mine arrived on Friday - I am not impressed with them.
Carolyn,
Did you get both sets? Mine arrived Friday also in a padded envelope that looked like it was reused more than once. The flap was even torn. Only the large napkins were in the package and they are very wrinkled like the package was manhandled.

I called PC and they said that they'll send me the ****tail napkins but I doubt any will sell and I don't intend to buy any.

BethCooks4U said:
Carolyn,
Did you get both sets? Mine arrived Friday also in a padded envelope that looked like it was reused more than once. The flap was even torn. Only the large napkins were in the package and they are very wrinkled like the package was manhandled.

I called PC and they said that they'll send me the ****tail napkins but I doubt any will sell and I don't intend to buy any.

Mine came similarly packaged. I got one pack of dinner sized and one pack of ****tail sized. I am supposed to receive 2 of each - one from teh Director's Benefit pack and one I earned witht eh sellathon

BethCooks4U said:
Carolyn,

I got mine Friday, too. Had both sizes and they were in good condition. I couldn't figure out what the UPS man was dropping off. Then I started thinking of the cost of sending all of these napkins (which most people aren't excited about) via UPS. EEEEK! Not the best use of finances.

Maybe that's why chicken wire was used at conference to display the napkins...you know 'cause the napkins are so darned expensive they had to find something really cheap to display them in!!

soonerchef said:
Maybe that's why chicken wire was used at conference to display the napkins...you know 'cause the napkins are so darned expensive they had to find something really cheap to display them in!!
...hadn't thought of that! You are too funny! I thought that chickenwire thing was just SO cheesy! Who would spend that kind of money for napkins just to put them in chicken wire?? It's wasn't even cute. IMHO.

If you've ever tried to plan a party and buy "matching" napkins to go with your theme, you would see that our napkins are about the same price as what you would buy at a party store.

For my every-day napkins, I would not pay this much... but when I host parties in my home, I like to use something a little "nicer". I think these are actually a great item for people who are excited about the Simple Additions pieces. This will allow me to entertain at home and be able to match the napkins with the dishes! I LOVE IT!!!

They were 3-ply and a lot cuter than I thought they would be, but I wouldn't buy them. I am going to use mine up, then call it good. I think it was the same person that designed the cake stencils that thought these up!

I bought cups, plates and plastic forks for my Open House in very pretty Burgandy & Eggplant colors - at a 1/2 Off Party Store - I didn't buy the napkins, because I thought I would use the Tiles Paper Napkins. I could have purchased very pretty napkins that would have matched everything perfectly for $1.29 for a 24 count package....I live in a Dutch Community (if you know anything about Dutch people - they are very frugal - Frugalness is next to Godliness for them!) and I KNOW for a fact that NO-ONE will purchase $6.00 napkins! I love matching paper products myself - but I have never spent that amount for napkins! In fact, for my B-day, my hubby had a Surprise Luau Party, and had adorable Luau plates, cups and napkins and he spent $2.99 for my super cute Luau napkins!!! (so cute -they looked like a Hawaiian Shirt with a lei around the neck!)
The kicker is - I got mine UPS last week, and they aren't even that pretty! The colors aren't vibrant at all, and the design is just a small border - I can't imagine anyone thinking "Oh - I just have to have these!"

I am getting them with the Sample Pack I ordered.
NO DESIRE to ever buy them again!!
I signed up to pay off bills, and my money can go towards something I can reuse again. Save your money and get your paper supplies at the dollar store!
Although...
If a guest loves them and just has to have them,...
I will not have my thoughts be known to a paying customer!!!
Schel

I really am not crazy about paper napkins! Epecially at that cost and I will not promote or buy them at all. That is one item that will not last! I can almost guarantee that! almost as bad as a single layer cake mix for $9.00!!!:eek: :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PC! I just think some idea's are out there in left field. Like, about 3-4 years ago they brought out the Super Salad Summer, (mid season stuff) but at the beginning of the spring season they discontinued the salad tongs?:confused: :eek: I don't get it! Anywho, anyone who sells these paper napkins and likes them, keep us posted on how you do!

I cannot imagine paying that for napkins. I get mine at the Dollar Tree for $1. It about kills me to pay $2.50/$2.99 when I have to buy them somewhere else, I would die of a heat attack I reckon if I bought these! :p I think anyone would be crazy to buy them, but of course, I will be willing to take their money.

Your not going to believe thisWell I gave a sneak peak to my friend and she wants to order 4packs of each size. For all of you who thought nobody would buy them I guess my friend is "crazy";) My aunt loves the idea of having them as well and said she wants to buy them to!!!

:D I just got mine today!!:D

rennea said:
Well I gave a sneak peak to my friend and she wants to order 4packs of each size. For all of you who thought nobody would buy them I guess my friend is "crazy";) My aunt loves the idea of having them as well and said she wants to buy them to!!!

I also have a few people that want to buy them.:D :D :D

See? It just goes to prove that we should not pre-judge :) There will be a few customers who LOVE these napkins and will likely want to stock up on them (I will be one of those customers! I'm weird that way! lol I'm a self-proclaimed Pampered Chef addict ;))

I hope I did not offend anyone with my "crazy" comment. It was all meant in good taste, not remotely intended to sound rude. :D

What are the pros of using paper napkins?

The main advantage of using paper napkins is convenience. They are disposable, making clean-up after a meal quick and easy. Paper napkins are also readily available and come in a variety of colors and designs to suit any occasion. Additionally, they are usually more affordable than cloth napkins.

What are the cons of using paper napkins?

The biggest drawback of paper napkins is their environmental impact. They contribute to deforestation and generate a lot of waste. They also tend to be less durable than cloth napkins and may tear easily. Depending on the quality, they may also feel rough on the skin.

What are the benefits of using cloth napkins instead of paper napkins?

Cloth napkins are a more sustainable and eco-friendly option. They can be reused multiple times, reducing waste and the need for constant repurchasing. They also add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any table setting. Cloth napkins are also more durable and can withstand multiple washings without losing their quality.

Are there any downsides to using cloth napkins?

The main drawback of cloth napkins is the initial cost. They are typically more expensive than paper napkins, and may require additional time and effort for washing and ironing. They also take up more storage space. Additionally, if not cleaned properly, cloth napkins can harbor bacteria and germs.

Which type of napkin is best for the environment?

Cloth napkins are the more environmentally-friendly option as they can be reused multiple times. However, if choosing paper napkins, opt for ones made from recycled materials and dispose of them properly to reduce their impact on the environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • rbvernon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefcharity