1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pros And Cons Of Going Inactive

1. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

Another consultant in our cluster has until the end of this 6th month to either turn in a show or be out of PC. She wants to stay in, but doesn't have any recruits and she's already lost her career sales a few months ago. She's thinking about letting the 6 months pass and resigning to get a new kit and paperwork and all the new consultant benefits. Anyone know of a reason not to do this?

Sep 24, 2009
  2. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

That's what I'd do!! Why not?

Sep 24, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Just as long as she "does it right"- have those starting shows lined up for her first 30 days, etc... :D Make it count!

But if she's already lost her sales, I don't think there would be anything else left "to lose".

Sep 24, 2009
  4. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I agree. She doesn't have the career sales to worry about. I'm there. I had under $150 in August, and shows that canceled in September. I sent out a mass email to my clients to help me retain my consultant status with $150. I'm almost at $50,000 and certainly didn't want to lose it. I got an email to do a catalog show, and two orders totally $90. I've got hope.

5. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I think in the six months she should be lining up shows so when she does re-sign she can have a bunch of shows and really get her business off to a solid start.

Sep 24, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I've never known anyone who did it. I'm sure they would give her a new consultant number which means she'd have to have a 2nd user account in P3 so that she could still access the old info of past hosts/guests for warranty purposes, but still enter & submit new orders under her new consultant number. If she has her consultant # on her marketing material, she'd need to re-do all of that too.

Otherwise, I don't see why not. ;)

Sep 25, 2009
  7. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I remember the agreement asking if you've been a consultant before, and what your number was. I think they might let you keep your number.

Sep 25, 2009
  8. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I know from personal experiance that they do not let you keep your old consultant number. My first consultant number 86512 and now I am 499891.

Sep 25, 2009
Have something to add?