• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Appropriate to Sell HWC Fundraiser Items at a Garage Sale?

In summary, Gillian is having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday and she is also hosting a fundraiser for breast cancer. She is advertising her sale as a Pampered Chef & Rummage sale to help whip cancer. She has a seperate table set up for the fundraiser items. She is hoping that people will buy her PC items and donate part of their commission.
gilliandanielle
Hey everyone, I am having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday and I wanted to get everyone's opinions on having my HWC fundraiser stuff out. I am hosting my own fundraiser and have packets already made for people to order on the fundraiser, but so you think it is tacky to set them out? It is for breast cancer, so I am sure that it is okay, but I just wanted to get some feedback. I know some of you have done this not on a fundraiser and it didn't go very well, but I am thinking that people will be more open minded for breast cancer. Let me know what you think and I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on how to make this work!

I think you should totally go for it! People come to garage sales to buy things, so I don't think its tacky at all.

Why wouldn't you...it's a great way to promote your business!

If you are donating part of your commission I would definately put a note out saying so. Other than that, go for it and let us know what happens!disclaimer - I know we have talked about donating and not donating on other threads, this was just an idea in case that was happening.

I am doing one too this weekend...but I am doing a Saturday and Sunday even though it is Mom's day.
I am advertising it as a Pampered Chef & Rummage sale to Help Whip Cancer.
I have a ton of Pampered Chef I am discounting to sell, to get rid of really, then I will take orders for other stuff including the Help Whip Cancer Stuff. I have a seperate table all set for that. Then I have regular rummage sale stuff. It's like why not! My director has been doing this combo thing for years. Not just to promote Help Whip Cancer but to get rid of the excess stuff she has along with any Pampered Chef stuff that is just hanging around. It works very wellt o promote the rummage sale when you put Pamperd Chef Items in the ad along with the fact that you can then write off the ad!
Just another thing to about deciding what is right for your business. If you decide to do something like this, GO FOR IT. It never hurts.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I am trying to get up and running by noon today and I have more stuff to haul over (doing it at my mom's house in a better location) and I am trying to run it by myself with a 2 1/2 year old and a one year old. I think I am going to keep them in the car watching a movie for as long as possible!!

Here's the update... today was the first day of the sale, and not one person took a packet, asked about it, or even gave it a second glance. I put my odering packets out, posted the article I had in the paper, and wore my PC sweatshirt just to stir up business. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully full of PC possibilities

Good job on putting yourself out there! You never know what can happen if you do this every year or 6 months. People might come back to see if you have your PC stuff up tomorrow!

That really didn't make sense because I'm zzzzzzzzzz oh, tired.What I meant is that people might have thought about it today and could come back tomorrow AND people might come back if you have another yard sale in 6 months or next May again!

gilliandanielle said:
Here's the update... today was the first day of the sale, and not one person took a packet, asked about it, or even gave it a second glance. I put my odering packets out, posted the article I had in the paper, and wore my PC sweatshirt just to stir up business. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully full of PC possibilities

Gillian...make sure you are talking to these people about it. I know I wouldn't say anything unless someone brought it up to me, they will ignore it if you don't talk about it. Go out there and be a cheesey sales woman, the worst you will hear is "no".

Garage salehey I think its a great idea. My town I live in today had a town wide yard sale and my daughter's basketball team did a Fundraiser as well today. I made a Basket with some Pamperedchef stuff in for them to raffle off and guess what i got about 100 leads as of right now won't know what the grand total will be till later tonight but will let you. I am very excited about this and everyone thought it was a Great idea as well. So Go For It!!!!!

Any luck today?Hi Gillian,

How did today go? We had a garage sale two weeks ago and I gave out the old F/W PC catalogs with the new S/S mini catalogs. So far I haven't heard from anyone, but you never know! I figured the old catalogs are just taking up space in my house anyway, so I might as well get rid of them.
Just keep getting your name out there!

Wishing you much success in your business!

Last week I setup a table at my church's yardsale as a fundraiser for missions. I had a paper saying 20% of sales would be donated and still got nothing. A couple of people picked up cards, but no sales and no bookings. But you never know when someone will get back in touch. It's really funny because I've had a show with people from church and it turned out great. Sometime I think people attending yard sales just want those bargains. But it's another opportunity to get your name out there.

Jeanie Gay

Almost everyone glanced at it and one or two people asked if I sold pc. When I said yes one woman said "well isn't that nice" and got in her car and drove away. The other woman said "oh, you know those round clay cookie sheets??" I said yes, the stones, they are wonderful, thinking she wants one. She said I have it and I need the rack. I sold a grand total of $4.75 at two days of pretty busy garage sales. I didn't bring it up to people, which I should have, but I couldn't get up the courage in front of my mom. Thanks for the encouragement!

SamplesMy Mom had a garage sale this weekend and I had her hand out the orange peeler with my card in it to anyone who bought something. My Mom said there were several people who went OOOH. SO we will see!

Garage Sale success:) My MOMS Club did a fundraiser garage sale on Saturday and I had a Pampered Chef and Tupperware table (since I used to do a little of both until I became a director). My plan was to donate 20% of all sales. My goal was mostly to get a booking and a recruit (and it pretty much happened, but I need to follow up). I had products to sell off the table at mostly regular cost. Myself and other moms explained that it was regular price and 20% would be donated. I also had a simple additions caddy and bowls, saute pan and cancer products on a separate table. We explained that those items needed to be bought through the catalog. You wouldn't believe how many people wanted to buy the pan and cancer mug. One man is most likely going to do a show or order online. A lady was super interested in the opportunity and we talked for at least 20 minutes.

I sold about $60 worth of Tupperware since I really wanted to get rid of it and half way through the day marked down the prices lower and they also saw the original prices. I didn't sell any Pampered Chef, but I know I can sell these items at craft fairs and use for gifts and prizes.

By the way, I had a moving sale 2 years ago in AZ, and I sold a TON of Pampered Chef. I had the original and my discount price marked. Some of it, we looked up a price in the catalog and then decided on a discounted price together. I filled and emptied my pool table twice. This might help others. It does also help to list Pampered Chef in the ad.

Tina

My update too.Not so hot as far as HWC. No orders, no nothing except I sold some pins for 50 cents each. Oh well, no bookings but I sold alot of product and "garbage".
I did see alot of catalogs walk out so I am hoping to get some calls.
We'll see.
Good luck to anyone else out there doing one this Memorial Day Weekend.

Sorry it didn't go so well, John. Hopefully you will get some calls from the catalogs. If I did it over again I would have a drawing so I could at least have some contacts. Maybe next time!

1. How can I promote Pampered Chef products at a garage sale?

Promoting Pampered Chef products at a garage sale is a great way to reach potential customers and increase sales. Here are some tips to effectively promote Hwc at your garage sale:

• Set up a separate table or area specifically for your Pampered Chef products.
  • Display the products in an attractive and eye-catching manner.
  • Offer special discounts or deals on select products to entice customers.
  • Provide informational brochures or catalogs for interested customers to take home.
  • Utilize social media platforms to advertise your garage sale and mention the Pampered Chef products that will be available.

2. Can I offer demonstrations or samples at a garage sale?

Yes, you can definitely offer demonstrations or samples of Pampered Chef products at your garage sale. This is a great way to showcase the products and allow customers to try them out before making a purchase. Just make sure to have enough supplies and materials on hand for the demonstrations.

3. How should I price my Pampered Chef products at a garage sale?

Pricing your Pampered Chef products at a garage sale is ultimately up to you, but here are some suggestions:

• Consider the original price of the product and its current condition.
  • Factor in any special deals or discounts you are offering.
  • Be open to negotiating prices with customers, especially if they are interested in multiple products.
  • Do some research on similar products to get an idea of the market value.

4. Can I accept credit or debit card payments at a garage sale?

Yes, you can accept credit or debit card payments at your garage sale. Consider using a mobile payment app or card reader to make the process easier. You can also provide a QR code or link for customers to make payments through your online store.

5. How can I attract more customers to my garage sale featuring Pampered Chef products?

There are several ways to attract more customers to your garage sale featuring Pampered Chef products:

• Utilize social media platforms to advertise your garage sale and mention the Pampered Chef products that will be available.
  • Create eye-catching signs and place them in high-traffic areas near your neighborhood.
  • Collaborate with other vendors or local businesses to cross-promote your garage sale.
  • Offer special deals or discounts to entice customers.
  • Provide excellent customer service and encourage satisfied customers to spread the word.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSteph06
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • ChefTPhad
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • ferenczk