• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Profiterole Puffs With Rice Flour

In summary, to make Profiterole Puffs With Rice Flour, you will need rice flour, butter, water, eggs, and any desired fillings or toppings. Regular flour cannot be used as a substitute as rice flour is essential for the desired texture. The puffs are done baking when they are a deep golden brown color, light and crispy to the touch, and have a hollow sound when tapped. They can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 months. Popular fillings and toppings include whipped cream, pastry cream, chocolate ganache, fruit compote, powdered sugar, melted chocolate, and caramel sauce.
PCKristi
I have a friend who is allergic to wheat and corn products. I was able to substitute rice flour instead of regular wheat based flour for the puffs. They turned out great! My husband liked the regular ones better, but my friend was very pleased! She doesn't get a big variety of desserts because of her allergies. Thought this might be helpful for some.:)

Kristi - Thanks so much for posting that! I have a new recruit (signed her on Wednesday!) and she is allergic to a lot of foods. She wants to be able to modify PC recipes and show how people with allergies to foods can still cook with our cookbooks. If she has any tips, I'll be sure to post them. And this tip is getting passed on to her!

That's great to hear! It's always nice when we can find substitutes for our friends with allergies so they can still enjoy some of the same treats. Have you tried using other alternative flours, like almond or coconut flour? I've heard those can also work well in baking. It's always nice to have options for those with dietary restrictions. Thanks for sharing your success with rice flour!

1. What ingredients are needed to make Profiterole Puffs With Rice Flour?

To make Profiterole Puffs With Rice Flour, you will need rice flour, butter, water, eggs, and any desired fillings or toppings.

2. Can I use regular flour instead of rice flour?

No, rice flour is essential for this recipe as it creates a light and airy texture in the puffs. Using regular flour may result in a denser and less desirable consistency.

3. How do I know when the puffs are done baking?

The puffs should be a deep golden brown color and feel light and crispy to the touch. They should also have a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom. This typically takes about 25-30 minutes in the oven.

4. Can I make the puffs ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, you can make the puffs ahead of time and freeze them for later use. Once baked and cooled, store them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw at room temperature and reheat in the oven for a few minutes to restore crispiness.

5. What are some recommended fillings and toppings for Profiterole Puffs With Rice Flour?

Some popular fillings for Profiterole Puffs With Rice Flour include whipped cream, pastry cream, chocolate ganache, and fruit compote. For toppings, you can use powdered sugar, melted chocolate, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Get creative and try different combinations to find your favorite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth