• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Profiterole Puff Demo Time Filler?

R
RachelNguyen
I am making these at a show tonight and I have a question for those of you who have demo-ed these. What do you do while the puffs are cooking/cooling? I made them at home the other night, and while they came out fantastic, I was concerned that it was at least a half hour of cooking/cooling time. That seems like a lot of time to fill.

Do you play a game? Or do a second recipe? Or talk about cookware/stoneware?

Inquiring minds want to know, LOL!

:) I make my puffs at home and then make the filling in front of the guest and then I use the easy accent decorator, showing them how easy it is to use the product.:)

If you want, :cool: have everything ready, go to your host home early, make the puffs there in front of her before the guest arrive, put them on the cooling rack, then make the filling in front of the guest after they arrive. and use the EAD.:D

Hi Theresa,

Are they your only recipe, or are you doing something else in addition? I am just doing the puffs, so I'd like to do the whole recipe in front of the guests so I can demo more tools. Or, do you just show what you would have used after having made them ahead of time?

R

I do both. As if on a TV cooking show. I have a batch already prepared and cool that I have made at home. At my show, I make a batch from scratch, and once they are in the oven I take out the cooling trays with the original batch which I then fill and everyone samples!This way they have seen the process for making the puffs, and also the filling and assembly of the puffs.I also do these and split the puffs open once they are cool and fill them with a bit of ice cream. It's an adaptation of a recipe I used to do when I catered, and it's always popular.Anyway, I hope this helps you a bit.

I make a main dish recipe in front of the guest and then while that is baking, I will make the filling and then fill the puffs

If you are just doing the puffs, you could make two different fillings while the puffs are baking. (you might have to borrow another EAD or fine another way to filling them)

with 2 or more fillings will let the guests see how versatile these recipes can be. My guest just loves the fact that maybe there ideas would also work because they always ask "Could I do this . . . with that recipe" and I usually tell them YES.

Excellent Suggestions!Thanks you guys!

I am a little late to prebake a batch, but I'll just wing it and see how it comes out. I'll get the stuff rolling right away and spend more time on the filling while the puffs are baking.

Next time, though, it'll be TV cooking show style, LOL!

r

They don't take that long to cool. By the time you've poked holes in all of the puffs the first ones are done cooling. Not to mention, mixing up the filling. I play games or introduce additional products while they are cooking then pick up the recipe once they are out of the oven. It goes pretty quickly and everyone is so impressed that the batter is from scratch.

Good luck tonight!

I LOVE them. I haven't demoed them, though. I wasnt sure if it would be a good demo recipe.

1. How do I make Profiterole Puffs?

To make Profiterole Puffs, you will need to first prepare the dough by heating water, butter, and salt in a saucepan. Once the butter is melted, add in all-purpose flour and stir until the mixture forms a ball. Then, let the dough cool for a few minutes before adding in eggs, one at a time, and beating until the dough becomes smooth and shiny. Next, using a piping bag, pipe small mounds of dough onto a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let the puffs cool before filling with your desired filling.

2. How long does it take for the puffs to cook and cool?

The puffs will need to bake for 20-25 minutes and then cool completely before filling, which can take an additional 10-15 minutes. So, in total, the cooking and cooling time for Profiterole Puffs can range from 30-40 minutes.

3. What should I do while the puffs are cooking/cooling?

While the puffs are cooking and cooling, you can use this time to prepare any fillings or toppings you plan on using for the puffs. You can also use this time to clean up any messes or prepare for your demo.

4. Do you recommend playing a game or doing another recipe while waiting for the puffs to cook/cool?

This is a personal preference, but it may be a good idea to have a game or another recipe prepared to keep your audience engaged during the cooking and cooling time. This can also be a great opportunity to showcase other products or cookware that can be used in making Profiterole Puffs.

5. How can I make the cooking/cooling time more efficient?

If you are short on time, you can try making the puffs ahead of time and storing them in an airtight container until you are ready to fill them. You can also try using a convection oven, which can reduce cooking time by about 5-10 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • Poll
  • Mystik
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kelley Sells