• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting: Are Your Professional Shears Losing Sharpness Too Soon?

In summary, professional shears are specialized scissors used by hairstylists, barbers, and other beauty professionals for cutting and styling hair. They have sharp, precise blades and comfortable grips for optimal control and performance. They are different from regular scissors in that they are designed specifically for cutting hair and have longer, thinner blades and different handle designs. To maintain professional shears, regular cleaning, oiling, and professional sharpening are recommended. There are several types of professional shears, including straight, thinning, and texturizing shears. While they can be used by individuals at home, proper training and technique are important to avoid damaging the hair. It is recommended to consult with a professional before using professional shears at home.
TJMagoo
I have a customer who bought the professsional shears and she is telling me they aren't sharp anymore. She has had them less than a year.

I have a set and I can still cut through chicken with mine and mine are about 2 years old or so.

They have a 3 year warranty. Is this something that would be covered?

Yes. She'd have to send them back but they will exchange them for that reason.

Ok thanks. I will let her know.

What are professional shears?

Professional shears are specialized scissors used by hairstylists, barbers, and other beauty professionals to cut and style hair. They are designed with sharp, precise blades and comfortable grips for optimal control and performance.

What makes professional shears different from regular scissors?

Professional shears are designed specifically for cutting hair, whereas regular scissors are more versatile and may be used for a variety of household tasks. Professional shears have longer, thinner blades for more precise cutting, and often have a different handle design for better ergonomics and control.

How do I maintain my professional shears?

To keep your professional shears in top condition, it is important to regularly clean and oil the blades, as well as have them professionally sharpened every few months. Avoid using them to cut anything other than hair, and store them in a protective case when not in use.

What are the different types of professional shears?

There are several types of professional shears, including straight shears, thinning shears, and texturizing shears. Straight shears are the most commonly used and are designed for basic cutting and trimming. Thinning shears have teeth on one or both blades and are used to remove bulk or create texture in the hair. Texturizing shears have notched blades that create a softer, more natural-looking cut.

Do I need to be a professional to use professional shears?

While professional shears are designed for use by hairstylists and barbers, they can also be used by individuals at home. However, it is important to have proper training and technique when using these specialized scissors to avoid damaging the hair or causing injury. It is recommended to consult with a professional before using professional shears at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jsanderson0508
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • esavvymom