• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it possible to replace professional cookware damaged by dishwasher use?

In summary, professional cookware is designed for serious chefs and home cooks who need durable, high-quality tools that can withstand frequent use and high temperatures. It is typically made from materials like stainless steel, cast iron, or copper, and often has features like ergonomic handles and non-stick coatings. Most professional cookware is safe for use on all stovetops, but it's best to check the manufacturer's instructions. It may also have specific care instructions, such as hand-washing only. Stubborn stains or burnt-on residue can be removed with soaking and gentle scrubbing, but avoid harsh chemicals or steel wool. Professional cookware should be replaced every 5-10 years, depending on use and signs of wear and tear. Regular
barbchan
I have a friend who's small saute pans non stick coating, sticks like crazy! She's had the pan about 3 years. I'm sure she's probably washed it in the dishwasher. However, I've washed mine in the dishwasher for years and it is still almost like new.

Have any of you been able to replace the professional cookware if it was washed in the dishwasher? I really want to help my friend and I'm almost to the point that I will just buy her a new one....which I really don't have the money to do. Help?

Just call PC and give them your friends name, if she doesn't have a receipt. I recently helped out a friend, who had the cookware, no questions asked, they gave me a reference no. she shipped her pieces back and got new ones. I really haven't had any problems with returns at all since becoming a consultant.

Please forgive my ingnorance but....which number do I call?

1-888-OUR-CHEF

Technically, washing in the dishwasher voids the warranty. I think that is especially important since her complaint is that it now sticks on the non-stick surface. She is not using it the way it is supposed to be taken care of. However, I would call PC to find out what they say.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I'll call them tomorrow.

1. What makes professional cookware different from regular cookware?

Professional cookware is designed for serious chefs and home cooks who need durable, high-quality tools that can withstand frequent use and high temperatures. It is typically made from materials like stainless steel, cast iron, or copper, which are known for their heat retention and durability. Professional cookware also often has features like ergonomic handles and non-stick coatings, making it easier to use and clean.

2. How do I know if my professional cookware is safe for use on all stovetops?

Most professional cookware is safe for use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions or product specifications to be sure. Some cookware may have limitations on the type of stovetop it can be used on, so it's important to double-check before using it.

3. Can I put my professional cookware in the dishwasher?

It depends on the specific cookware and its care instructions. While some professional cookware is dishwasher-safe, others may be recommended for hand-washing only. It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the longevity and performance of your cookware.

4. How do I remove stubborn stains or burnt-on residue from my professional cookware?

To remove stubborn stains or burnt-on residue, first try soaking the cookware in warm, soapy water for a few hours. Then, use a non-abrasive scrubber or sponge to gently scrub away the residue. For tougher stains, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water, or a specialized cookware cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals or steel wool, as they can damage the cookware's surface.

5. How often should I replace my professional cookware?

The lifespan of professional cookware can vary depending on the materials and how often it is used. However, a good rule of thumb is to replace it every 5-10 years. Signs that it may be time to replace your cookware include warping, scratches, or a loss of non-stick coating. Regular maintenance and proper care can help prolong the life of your professional cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • beepampered