• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Products That Are Supposed to Be Dishwasher Safe but Aren't

In summary, the products that due to experience the author no longer puts in the dishwasher are the lids from the 1 cup prep bowls, the measure-all, the easy read cups, and the MFP. The author also does not put the top of the Quick-Stir pitcher on the top shelf of the dishwasher because it came out warped, and he has had his 1/2 cup size from the measuring cup set melt.
DebPC
Staff member
Are there products that due to experience you no longer put in the dishwasher?
I never put the lids from the 1 cup prep bowls in there. After having 3 get slits in them- I hand wash mine.
Just wondering if there are other products out there like this.

I get the slits in those lids too and mine have never been in the dishwasher.I don't put the measure-all in the dw as I am worried that the lettering would wear off, something guests have said happened to them.I don't put the easy read cups or the MFP in the dw because I don't want the plastic to cloud - besides I don't run in every day and I use those at least every day.

A customer put the top of the Quick-Stir pitcher on the top shelf of her dishwasher. It came out warped.

At one point in my life I worked for a plastic injection mold company. Everyone needs to remember that plastic is molded by using heat. A good rule of thumb is the softer the plastic the more likely it will loose it's shape when heat is used. If in doubt, wash by hand and don't use in microwave.

I've had my 1/2 cup size from the measuring cup set melt. But it fell through the top rack of the dishawasher (one of the kids did not secure it properly) and it landed directly on the heating element. Same thing happened with the easy read mini measuring cup. Now I makew sure that the mini cup is firmly secured in the silverware basket to avoid falling through the top rack.

My husband learned his leason the hard way about my PC products when he broke my lare bar pan. I made him replace it. So now he's extra careful with the PC products; he doesn't want to have to replace anymore.;) He broke it by banging some frozen chicken on it to seperate them ( the pan was on our glass top stove no less). Before I could even ask him not to do that, becuse he'd break it, it broke into three pieces. Since it was past warranty, he had to replace it.

PamperedchefDaly said:
A customer put the top of the Quick-Stir pitcher on the top shelf of her dishwasher. It came out warped.
I put mine in my DW all the time with no problems. I put a lot of non-DW safe items in mine with no problems, BUT I never use the heated wash or the dry cycles. My tap water is plenty warm to clean my dishes and by never using the heating element in the dishasher, I save electricity

1. Why did my supposedly dishwasher-safe baking pan rust after washing it in the dishwasher?

While many of our products are labeled as dishwasher safe, some factors can affect their performance. The high heat and harsh detergents in dishwashers can damage the protective coating on metal products, leading to rusting. To prevent this, we recommend hand washing these products with a mild dish soap and drying them immediately.

2. Can I put my silicone spatula in the dishwasher?

Yes, our silicone spatulas are safe to use in the dishwasher. However, prolonged exposure to high heat can cause them to lose their shape and become less effective. We recommend placing them on the top rack of the dishwasher and using a gentle cycle to prolong their lifespan.

3. How do I clean my wooden cutting board if it's not dishwasher safe?

Our wooden cutting boards are not dishwasher safe as the high heat and moisture can cause them to warp and crack. To clean them, use a mild soap and warm water, then dry them immediately. Avoid soaking them in water or leaving them in a damp environment as this can also damage the wood.

4. Are all Pampered Chef products safe to use in the microwave?

No, not all of our products are suitable for use in the microwave. Only products that explicitly state "microwave safe" on their packaging or in their product description should be used in the microwave. Using other products in the microwave can cause them to melt or release harmful chemicals.

5. Is it safe to use my stoneware in the dishwasher?

Although our stoneware is dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan. The abrasive nature of dishwasher detergents can cause scratches and damage to the glaze, affecting the appearance and performance of the stoneware. Hand washing with a mild dish soap is the best way to keep your stoneware in good condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • redsoxgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • jrstephens