• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Products for Their Spring Bingo

In summary, the organization was contacted by another consultant to get products for their spring Bingo. The total budget for the Pc items was $300. They wanted 10 items priced at $25-$40 for 10 regular games and 3 WOW items to raffle. The organization selected prize1 - Lg Grooved Cutting Board, prize 2 -Sm. Ridged Baker & Egg Pan, prize 3- Med.Bar Pan & Pan Scrapers, prize 4- Stackable Cooling Rack & Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan, prize 5- 8 Qt.Serving Bowl, prize 6- Both Batter Bowls, prize 7-Stainless Mesh Colanders, prize 8 -Both Lg
pclady213
I was contacted by an organization to get products for their spring Bingo to benefit a girls softball team getting New Uniforms. Their total budget was $600.They are doing a joint 31 & PC Bingo. Budget for the Pc items being around $300. They wanted 10 items priced @$25-$40 for 10 regular games 3 WOW items to Raffle and use for a Special Game.They picked prize1 - Lg Grooved Cutting Board,
prize 2 -Sm. Ridged Baker & Egg Pan, prize 3- Med.Bar Pan & Pan Scrapers,prize 4- Stackable Cooling Rack & Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan,prize 5- 8 Qt.Serving Bowl, prize 6- Both Batter Bowls, prize 7-Stainless Mesh Colanders, prize 8 -Both Lg & Sm Cobolt Blue Micro Cookers,Raffle DCB Dinner Set, Raffle Trifle Bowl, Special Game Prize Salad & Berry Spinner,and left 2 prizes un choosen asking me to pick them I choose Family Quick Stir Pitcher and The 3 Free spatulas as the other trying not to add to much more cost because of their limited budget. I told her I would do my best to keep in their prize range she assured me they would be ok if it wasn't exactly under $300 we had several conversations. I told her I would donate the Trifle Bowl I spent 1 whole day figuring how to get them the best price I could It was $350 for over $500 in products which got them every item they wanted.. I then received a call from the contact person saying they received a call from another consultant who heard they were doing this and she offered to to give them everything they wanted for $300 plus give her commission and the extra WOW items to raffle because she had nothing to gain from this. She told them she had nothing to gain she just wanted to help them earn as much money as they could.
She told me they were still going to use me because several of the mothers know me and I was local. She also said she thought it was wrong of the other consultant once they told her they already had someone helping them. Now I get an email from her saying she is sorry to inform me that they can't do business with me at this time because the committee decided they have to think of the girls best interest and how to make the most money they can. Unfortunately they have to go with the other person because she is giving them too much. She hoped there was no hard feelings. I understand they need to go with the best offer to benefit their cause; I not mad at them I'm mad at this other consultant for the way she handled it. I need advise on how to respond to her email so as not to offend anyone who I do future business with because some of the parents are past hosts and guests of mine. I am not in a position where I can afford to give more away than I make.. I am so bummed because this would have been another show for me in January. Sorry this was so long...

I am so sorry this happened to you! I'm going to be honest--I'd be calling PC about this. Seriously, it's just WRONG of this other consultant to do this. As far as how to respond to the email, I would just express disappointment, because you were looking forward to working with them, and then just wish them the best, and tell them to contact you if you can ever be of any help to them. So, so sorry you're dealing with this.

That's just rude on the consultant's part. I would find out who she is and report her....unethical in my opinion. I would let the organization know how you feel.....not one of them would like that if it was done to them.

How horrible! I would be hopping mad and need a day or two to come up with a reply. I like what Amanda suggested about saying you're disappointed & wish them the best. I can't think of a way to word it to let them know Do you know the other consultant's name? I just spent some time looking at the code of ethics and it doesn't mention customer poaching at all.
Not that I'm not saying it isn't wrong - I would have backed off if I knew they had another consultant - but I couldn't find anything that said this was against PC policy.

You have every right to be upset, and this is a safe place to rant.

My thoughts about how to respond led me to this:
I'm so sorry that we couldn't work things out, but I understand. I wish I could offer the same kind of savings the other consultant has, but this is my job; I need to make money with it. I certainly hope we can do business in the future. Best wishes on your fundraiser.​

As for the other consultant, is it possible that she wasn't aware of your connection with the group before she made her offer? If so, she hasn't done anything shady. If, on the other hand, you know for a fact that she knew you were involved and intentionally cut you out, that's another story. It might not be against specifically stated policy, but it's still unethical.

Thank You all for your help with this matter. Your responses were the kind I was thinking of but wasn't sure how to word correctly. As for the other consultant from my conversation with the contact person she knew I was involved from the beginning.

Look at it this way. YOU will come out the shining start as far as personal impressions with those ladies. Yes, they are doing what is "best" for the girls, although that is debatable. What does it teach the girls really? It's ok to walk over someone else to get what you want?But would those ladies do business with YOU or that other lady. She will leave a bad taste in their mouth.
I think I would be tempted to tell PC too. Not sure they'd do anything, but since she KNEW you were already involved, that was just wrong.

rae, you put it perfectly - "I wish I could offer the same kind of savings the other consultant has, but this is my job; I need to make money with it."

My thought was, this other consultant is a hobbyist who will soon stop being a consultant, giving all that away. I mean, I am a hobby consultant too, but I don't give away a bunch of free stuff plus my commission plus my time.
But I could not find a way to phrase it.

If this happened to me & I knew the other consultant, I would contact them by phone (not email) & let them know how upset & hurt I was, that I'd already spent an entire day's work on the package. I'd wait until after the raffle to do it, though. I can't see anything good coming of telling anyone involved before the event. Also you'd be able to hear how it shakes out. A little time & distance can lessen the sting. :eek:

I would add something about hoping that they receive the same level of customer service that they would have received from you. Sometimes it is the customer service approach that makes the difference. If she is just "giving" it away, then how dedicated is she and will she ensure a timely delivery and follow up customer care calls?

I agree with the customer service additive from JanisF. I do think it is in very poor taste for this other "consultant" to swoop in and undercut you like that. What goes around comes around. She'll pay her dues eventually.

What are the most popular products for Spring Bingo?

Some of our best-selling products for Spring Bingo include the Springform Pan, Mini Muffin Pan, Silicone Basting Brush, Bamboo Serving Set, and the Citrus Press.

Are there any products specifically designed for Spring Bingo?

While all of our products can be used for Spring Bingo, we do offer a themed set that includes a Flower Cookie Cutter, Spring Confetti Sprinkles, and a Daisy Silicone Spatula.

Can these products be used for other spring-themed events?

Absolutely! Our products for Spring Bingo are versatile and can be used for Easter gatherings, Mother's Day brunch, or any other spring celebration.

Are there any gluten-free or allergy-friendly options available?

Yes, we have a range of products that are gluten-free and allergy-friendly. Some of our popular options include the Gluten-Free Flour and the Veggie Strip Maker for those with dietary restrictions.

Do you offer any discounts for purchasing multiple products for Spring Bingo?

Yes, we have bundle deals and promotions for customers who purchase multiple products for Spring Bingo. Be sure to check our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedalf
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies