• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up Display Tables at Shows: Pros & Cons

People aren't really there to see everything you have, just the items that are being used during the show. It's just too much to carry and set up a whole display table. I also use a catalog as a display and reference tool, and it sells itself. In summary, many consultants have tried setting up a display table at shows but found it to be too much work and not effective in generating sales. Instead, they suggest only bringing a few select items and using the catalog as a display and reference tool. This reduces the amount of packing and carrying, and allows the focus to be on the products being used during the show.
Swirl
Does anybody set up a display table at your shows? That's what I've been doing and it is getting to just be to much. I really like the idea of people being able to get their hands on the products but gosh am I wearing myself out carring all that stuff around. Just interested in what everybody is taking to the shows and how do you decide what not to take?

I did that in the beginning and like you said, it got to be too much. I also didn't like the fact that I was cluttering up my hosts house after she just got it all clean for the party. Now I just display things on her table and coffee table. I also do not take a whole lot more to my shows other than what I will be using. I found that people really were not looking at it, they just want to look through the catalog and look at what I used that night.

It flopped but willing to try againI did it at a show once, and it was a lot of packing and carrying. I set up a table to look like a dinner table. Displayed the placemats and the SA. I didn't get any sales off of any of it, so I didn't do it again. Have kind of thought about it again for the Help Whip Cancer. It wouldn't take much since there aren't a lot of products. I thought I would get a pink tablecloth when all the Easter stuff comes out at the store.

That's a good idea Jennifer, displaying the HWC products. I don't believe I will be carrying all that stuff to anymore shows. What was I thinking? :eek: And our catalog is so good it really is all you need. Thanks for your input.

I suggestyou pack what you need and your top ten or a few extras and that's it. I have big shows 9/10 and that is all I take.

What are the pros and cons of setting up display tables at shows?

There are several pros to setting up display tables at shows. First, it allows you to showcase your products in a visually appealing and organized manner. It also gives potential customers the opportunity to touch and feel the products, making them more likely to make a purchase. Additionally, having a designated space for your products can help attract attention and draw in potential customers.

On the other hand, there are also some cons to setting up display tables at shows. One potential downside is the cost associated with renting a space and setting up a display. Another con is the time and effort it takes to set up and take down the display, which can be physically demanding and time-consuming.

How can I make my display table stand out at a show?

There are several ways to make your display table stand out at a show. First, consider using eye-catching and professional-looking signage and banners to draw attention to your table. You can also incorporate props or decorations that tie into the theme of your products. Additionally, offering interactive elements, such as product demonstrations or samples, can help make your table more engaging and memorable.

Do I need to have a variety of products on display at shows?

It is recommended to have a variety of products on display at shows. This allows potential customers to see the range of products you offer and can help increase sales. However, it is also important to not overcrowd your display table and make sure each product is showcased effectively.

Should I offer discounts or promotions at shows?

Offering discounts or promotions at shows can be a great way to attract potential customers and increase sales. However, it is important to carefully consider the costs and potential impact on your profit margins before offering discounts or promotions. You may also want to limit the duration or availability of the discounts to maintain their effectiveness.

How can I effectively manage my display table during a busy show?

Managing your display table during a busy show can be challenging, but there are a few tips to help make it more manageable. First, make sure to have enough staff to assist customers, answer questions, and keep the table tidy. It can also be helpful to have a system in place for restocking products and keeping track of sales. Additionally, be mindful of the flow of traffic and make sure your table is easily accessible and inviting to potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jessica Miller
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • Swirl