• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Product Quality Concerns as a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, some guests have had to make product adjustments, there have been quality issues with UPS, and it's only been recently that rust has started to show up on some of the pieces.
plichte
Maybe this is just me so let me know if that is true. I have been in PC just a little over 2 months and truly enjoy it. I have always loved the products and before I even signed to be a consultant I attended many parties and already had a great start on my PC tools. In my 2 months as a consultant I have had about 11 shows. The thing that I am concerned about is I would say that out of those 11 shows at least half have had to have at least 1 product adjustment done because the items arrived damaged. In the many years I have bought product at kitchen shows I never had a damaged product and now I am just expecting to call someone on my CCC and have them tell me there is something wrong with one or more of their products. Has anyone else experienced product quality issues at this rate?

I am in my third month and have done 8 shows and haven't had a complaint from a guest or host yet. When I received my spring/summer sample pkg, my medium bar pan was broke but I called PC the same day and I had the new one within 4 days. They are very quick to make things right. Good Luck!

Yes-PC is always great at making things right---and it's very speedy---it's just concerning with the number of product adjustments I have needed to make.

As you may have read on some of the other threads here, there seem to be more and more issues with UPS. Not to put the blame on them, but it does make me wonder. I have been a consultant for over two years and have probably only had three or so things arrive damaged. Maybe one or two others that were stones. Hopefully the issues get resolved REALLY quickly (customer service is very good!), so that should make up for the problems people had in getting damaged products. Getting replacements are SO easy and take about a minute of my time to resolve, so I'm just glad that part is so customer-friendly. Obviously it would be nice not to have that problem at all, but I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of the products. ANd when PC realizes there is a problem with quality, they address it right away....like with the Woven Selections last year and getting those all remade and with the new Chillzanne piece that they didn't even sell because they knew it couldn't live up to PC's high standards in the expectation that it would sell like crazy.

Hopefully you won't have any more problems with that! :)

I haven't had any damaged products arrive but my first 3 shows I did I had to make product adjustments. There was always a product missing and an extra product that wasn't ordered in the shipment. The good thing about it was my host always to keep the extra product and the actual product that that was ordered came eventually after I did a product adjustment. My hosts really liked that they got to keep the extra product. There's always a silver lining. ;)

UpsI'm just wondering how much is due to UPS. Like the person above, not knocking them and all that, but I just got my Kit Enhancement (4th month thing for me), and he kept just throwing my box around. I literally whinced (I knew that I had a Rectangular Baker) when he DROPPED my box on his truck, and not that accidental type of drop. He was putting it down so that he could scan it. Hello!!! It says FRAGILE on the box. Then he DROPS it on my porch.

I think next time, I am going to ask him to be just a bit more careful with those boxes.

Dawn

Just recently...Only in the last few months have I had issues with broken items. Oddly, it's only been Simple Additions pieces, no stoneware. PC has always responded quickly, so no unhappy customers. I have also noticed that a lot of the packaging looks damaged. Not the outside PC boxes, but the product boxes themselves. Batter bowl boxes always look smashed. I dislike delivering product to customers like that, especially if they plan on giving the item as a gift. Maybe it's because of that weird packing material they use instead of the peanuts?

Diane

I really love the products too but I have been having a problem too. Not with damaged goods on delivery but with rust. Even items that are said to be dishwasher safe are getting little spots of rust. I worry that my customers are having the safe problems but thankfully no calls so far. It just bothers me that maybe the manufacturers are not using all stainless steel etc. Just something I have noticed within the past month or so...

Rust on KnivesI had noticed rust too -- but my husband pointed out that this occurs whenI don't use the drying cycle on my knives, or if I don't empty the dishwasher the same day. It is pretty much just the water deposits collecting on the knife - not the knife itself. Quick fix for this is to wipe your knives dry w/a towel before putting them back into the case - it has helped me ! :)

If you are talking about the self sharpening knives it says not to put them in the dishwasher. I just got the steak knife set myself and was surprised when I read you can't throw in the dishwasher.

The knives are not dishwasher safe.

No the knives are not dish washer safe. I had a customer who had the spots on her knife after only one week of having it and when I called to return it PC said they hadn't heard of the spotting problem before. If there is so many on here with that problem you would think something would be done about these knives already?

It states this in the use and care instructions. And it also says to dry after washing. I think PC has covered their ground. I would just make sure that you tell your customers that they should always read the use and care instructions before using any of the products. I always tell my customers this in case I am missinforming in some way. We all make mistakes some time or another.

Debbie :)

My Bad !I have always put mine in the DW ! Not the cases, but the knives ! MY BAD for not reading my use and care ! I always thought they were, I am new to the dishwasher's owner club - just got mine in Nov, so still learning !
THANKS for the info - and yes, I do agree on always drying them. Even if you use them all in one cooking session, its still only three things !

kniveswhile we're on the subject of knives, I have a question. I had a customer purchase the steak knife set this weekend. The description in the catalog says something about sharpening and honing. What is honing?

From the Product Use and Care Card...Sharpening gently grinds the blade edge to a fine sharp point.
Honing smooths and defines the edge by removing any traces of metal grinds left after sharpening.

I did a Google search and really didn't come up with anything else substantial.

HTH, at least a little!

Diane

Thanks!Yes, that does help!!

1. What materials are used in Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products are made with high-quality materials such as stainless steel, silicone, and stoneware. These materials are durable, non-toxic, and safe for cooking and food preparation.

2. Are Pampered Chef products guaranteed?

Yes, we stand behind the quality of our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

3. How do I care for my Pampered Chef products?

Each product comes with specific care instructions, but in general, most of our products are dishwasher safe. For products with non-stick coatings, we recommend hand washing with mild soap and avoiding metal utensils.

4. How do I know if a Pampered Chef product is safe for my specific dietary needs?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products to accommodate different dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. You can find this information on the product's packaging or on our website under the product's description.

5. Are Pampered Chef products tested for safety?

Yes, our products go through rigorous testing to ensure they meet safety standards. We also regularly conduct quality control checks to maintain our high standards of product safety and quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Andrea Gavin
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46