• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With Tele Classes?

In summary, the person is having trouble playing the pre-recorded classes because they downloaded the player but can't get the classes to play. They are also having trouble calling during the day because they work full-time. They may try calling before they go to work in the mornings.
kitchenfairey
Hi,

HELP! I live on the west coast and thought it would be easier to do the pre-recorded teleclasses. I downloaded the player, but was unable to get the classes to play and received an error message.Don't recall the error now :( . I wrote to Home Office Technical and the only thing I kept getting told was to download the player. I told them I had already downloaded the player and after 3 tries by email I gave up especially when I wondered if they are even reading what I am telling them. It's difficult for me to call during the day as I work full-time, but I may try calling before I go to work in the mornings. I'm pretty sure it isn't my computer as I have a Pentium 4 with Windows XP. Has anyone else had any problems with the pre-recorded classes? Any suggestions on something I may be doing wrong? I'm not as computer literate as some, but I know most of the basics so who knows! :confused:

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE! :)

Last edited:
You have to download the player and each class individually. Make sure you know where you save each class on the computer. Once you have downloaded the ilink player you have to run the executable install file. It should show up on your desktop as ilinkplayer.exe or something like that. After you run the inlink install you should be able to go into the start menu--> then programs --> then ilink 7.7. Click on ilink 7.7 and a the player should pop up.
Once the player is open click on File--> Open
A window will open and you have to know where you saved the files on your computer in order to play them. I saved mine in a Pampered Chef folder on my desktop so in order to open them I have to do the following.
1. Click on "look in" at the top and select "desktop"
2. Double click the "pampered chef" folder
3. click on any of the teleclass files I have saved
4. click open
5. the window disappears, hit the play button on the ilink player.

Thanks!Hi Gretchen,

Thanks for the input. I will have to try this tonight when I get home. Wish me luck! :)

You're welcome. Let me know if you get it to work or not.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the pre-recorded teleclasses. It can be frustrating when technical issues get in the way of learning and growing your business. Have you tried reaching out to your upline or any other consultants for help? They may have some tips or suggestions based on their own experiences. Additionally, have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies before attempting to play the classes again? This can sometimes help with playback issues. If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend trying to call Home Office Technical before work in the mornings, as you mentioned. They may be able to provide more personalized assistance over the phone. I hope you are able to get this issue resolved soon so you can fully enjoy the benefits of the pre-recorded classes. Best of luck!

What are some common issues that students face with tele classes?

Some common problems that students encounter with tele classes include technical difficulties, lack of face-to-face interaction with instructors, distractions at home, and difficulty staying motivated.

How can technical difficulties be resolved during a tele class?

One solution is to have a reliable internet connection and updated equipment. Students can also troubleshoot common issues themselves or seek help from the IT department of their institution.

What are some strategies for staying motivated in a tele class?

Some strategies for staying motivated during a tele class include setting a schedule and sticking to it, finding a quiet and dedicated study space, and taking breaks when needed.

How can students overcome the lack of face-to-face interaction in tele classes?

Students can schedule virtual office hours with their instructors or participate in online discussion boards to interact with their classmates. They can also reach out to classmates through social media or email to form study groups.

Are there any tips for reducing distractions while taking a tele class?

Yes, some tips for reducing distractions during a tele class include turning off notifications on electronic devices, finding a quiet study space, and communicating with family members or roommates about the importance of uninterrupted study time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • jennmarques
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • ejleinenbach