• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Posts Link Working Correctly?

In summary, the conversation is about issues with the New Posts link on a website. One person is experiencing problems where the same posts keep showing up even after checking the link multiple times. They are concerned about missing any new posts and wonder if they are doing something wrong. Another person suggests it could be a cache problem and advises clearing the cache in their browser settings. Additionally, they mention that if someone responds to a thread after it has been viewed, it will appear in the "new post" search again.
reesefamily5
Has anyone else been having problems with the New Posts link? I will click on it and get all of the new posts and read them. When I come back to my computer a little later and press the link again it sometimes gives me all the same posts to read. And there is no new posts. I just don't want to miss if there is a new post because I get so much valuable information from this site. Or am I doing something wrong? You know that is always possible, especially before my full pot of coffee in the morning!!!;)

How much time is between the first check and the second check of this site? I have found that if you log-out and then log back in only a few minutes later, then the new posts haven't been updated. I think you have to wait around an hour before logging in again. I don't really know, this is just an idea.

plus, if someone has responded to that thread since you read it last, it will come up in your "new post" search when you click it.

reesefamily5 said:
Has anyone else been having problems with the New Posts link? I will click on it and get all of the new posts and read them. When I come back to my computer a little later and press the link again it sometimes gives me all the same posts to read. And there is no new posts. I just don't want to miss if there is a new post because I get so much valuable information from this site. Or am I doing something wrong? You know that is always possible, especially before my full pot of coffee in the morning!!!;)

could be a cache problem, your computer is saving the pages and giving you the old pages when your trying to request the new ones,

tools >> options >> delete files

jessica_momof6 said:
plus, if someone has responded to that thread since you read it last, it will come up in your "new post" search when you click it.

sorry, that wasn't very clear.

if you come in the morning and there is a thread with say 5 replies on it....and then come back in the afternoon and hit "view new posts" and that same thread has had more replies since you viewed it that morning, it will again show in the "view new posts" search.

hth!

1. What do I do if the "New Posts" link is not working?

If you are experiencing issues with the "New Posts" link, it could be due to a few different factors. First, make sure your internet connection is stable and try refreshing the page. If the link still does not work, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

2. Why am I not seeing any new posts when I click on the "New Posts" link?

There could be a few reasons why you are not seeing any new posts when clicking on the "New Posts" link. First, make sure you are logged into your account. If you are logged in and still not seeing new posts, it could be because there haven't been any new posts since your last visit. You can also try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

3. Can I customize the "New Posts" link to only show certain types of posts?

Unfortunately, the "New Posts" link cannot be customized to only show certain types of posts. It will display all new posts in the order they were posted. However, you can use the search function or filters to narrow down the types of posts you are looking for.

4. The "New Posts" link is not showing up on my page. How do I fix this?

If you are not seeing the "New Posts" link on your page, it could be because it has been disabled by the page owner. You can reach out to the page owner to inquire about the link or use the search function to find new posts on the page.

5. How often are new posts updated on the "New Posts" link?

The "New Posts" link is updated in real-time, so as new posts are made on the page, they will appear at the top of the list. However, if you are not seeing any new posts, it could be because there haven't been any new posts since your last visit. You can try refreshing the page or checking back at a later time to see if there are new posts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefbilyeu
  • General Chat
Replies