• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems with New Posts Link

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
Has anyone else been having problems with the New Posts link? I will click on it and get all of the new posts and read them. When I come back to my computer a little later and press the link again it sometimes gives me all the same posts to read. And there is no new posts. I just don't want to miss if there is a new post because I get so much valuable information from this site. Or am I doing something wrong? You know that is always possible, especially before my full pot of coffee in the morning!!!;)

amya

Mar 10, 2005
How much time is between the first check and the second check of this site? I have found that if you log-out and then log back in only a few minutes later, then the new posts haven't been updated. I think you have to wait around an hour before logging in again. I don't really know, this is just an idea.

jessica_momof6

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2006
plus, if someone has responded to that thread since you read it last, it will come up in your "new post" search when you click it.

Admin Greg

Veteran Member
Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
reesefamily5 said:
Has anyone else been having problems with the New Posts link? I will click on it and get all of the new posts and read them. When I come back to my computer a little later and press the link again it sometimes gives me all the same posts to read. And there is no new posts. I just don't want to miss if there is a new post because I get so much valuable information from this site. Or am I doing something wrong? You know that is always possible, especially before my full pot of coffee in the morning!!!;)

could be a cache problem, your computer is saving the pages and giving you the old pages when your trying to request the new ones,

tools >> options >> delete files

jessica_momof6

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2006
jessica_momof6 said:
plus, if someone has responded to that thread since you read it last, it will come up in your "new post" search when you click it.

sorry, that wasn't very clear.

if you come in the morning and there is a thread with say 5 replies on it....and then come back in the afternoon and hit "view new posts" and that same thread has had more replies since you viewed it that morning, it will again show in the "view new posts" search.

hth!