1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Problems with cookie press

1. lbalks

lbalks

I just received an email from one of my customers. She says that she is having trouble getting her cookie press to work. She says she "cannot get the cookies to come out of the press...and when they do, they are disfigured". I have never used the cookie press, plus I'm a new consultant so I am not sure of what tips to give her. Any suggestions?

Jan 5, 2010
  2. chefloretta

chefloretta Member Silver Member

It takes a lot of practice and patience. I found that if you twist it one and a half times then wait a few seconds before lifting the press, you get a nice cookie.

Jan 5, 2010
  3. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Sounds like the dough is too wet ... mine did that when I was practicing. It's really a fine line with the consistency. She'll need to play around with what works ... do you know if she is using the PC spritz cookie recipe or something different? The dough can't be wet/sticky OR too hard ... Also, the cookie sheets/stones can't be hot and I heard that parchment paper won't work either because they are non-stick & the cookies won't grab onto it ... there is a whole other thread about this that you would probably like. With good recipes too! :)

4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Tell her to add more flour. Not too much but a little at a time until it's better. My uncle was having the same problem and I told him to do the same thing. It worked much better for him. When we compared recipes both of our have 1 lb of butter but his only had 2 1/2 cups flour while mine had 4 1/2!

Jan 5, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted